Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread

Just Jack

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you notice that every player they draft fits the "prototype" size for that position? Hope the Bills are taking notes.

Yup. A suspicious lack of 240 lb DEs and 5' 10" WRs playing for the Giants. They must have not have many "versatile" players. :rolleyes:

I disagree with the contention that the Giants should have taken a knee and kicked a field goal. I have seen NE* go down the field with under a minute and kick the GWFG in the Super Bowl. Bottom line, losers play for FGs, winners score TDs...

I disagree with the contention that the Giants should have taken a knee and kicked a field goal. I have seen NE* go down the field with under a minute and kick the GWFG in the Super Bowl. Bottom line, losers play for FGs, winners score TDs...

By taking two knees, wouldn't they have either been able to run the clock out or at least kick it with ten seconds or so left?

Losers play for FGs? Were we losers in September to the Pats? Is just about every team in FG position in OT who kicks on 2nd or 3rd down a loser?

I would have scored TD too. Make them go whole length of field with a min left rather than get to your your 40 to attempt a game winning FG with 25 seconds left.

Brady would have had 10 seconds and no time outs from the 20. Would've taken a chaotic miracle play.

What winners actually do is calculate risks and make wise decisions. A field goal from 20 yards out is 99%. Giving Brady the ball with 57 seconds is ~80%.

Brady would have had 10 seconds and no time outs from the 20. Would've taken a chaotic miracle play.

What winners actually do is calculate risks and make wise decisions. A field goal from 20 yards out is 99%. Giving Brady the ball with 57 seconds is ~80%.

Exactly!

Belichick knew what gave him the better chance.

The Pats used their 2nd TO after the first down at the 7 yard line. Had they kneeled twice, the Pats could only have stopped it after the 2nd and 6 play, and then they could have run the clock down to 3 seconds, called a TO, and kicked the winning FG.

Not for me, and I've been watching football since '69, IMO there is no QB I want to see less at the end if a game if I'm clinging to a lead. Do you realize Brady averages a SB appearance every other season? Think about that.

That's my opinion. Something that apparently I'm not allowed to have anymore.

PTR

I don't remember trying to disallow your opinion. I just find it a bit of a stretch that there is NO question that he is better than Montana was.Thats my opinion.--I think Brady is a great QB.And deserves to be in the discussion when talking about the all-time greats.

True they're UFA's after the season, but the point is they're good players, among other good players on that offense. It's not just Brady and a bunch of stiffs, which was the contention.

Yep, shoulda taken the knee. Bradshaw was told to go down prior to the GL and he tried, meaning they didn't want to score a TD. Dumb. Luckily they pulled it out.

Too bad they can't get a QB like Manning or a pass rush like the Giants have.

Today on mike and mike Bradshaw said no one told him to go down before the play and his confusion was from Eli yelling DURING the play to go down.

Math has no place in this! How dare you.

Today on mike and mike Bradshaw said no one told him to go down before the play and his confusion was from Eli yelling DURING the play to go down.

I guess that would make more sense. Still a dumb play, like Nicks going out of bounds on the 1st down catch to put them at the 7.

I guess that would make more sense. Still a dumb play, like Nicks going out of bounds on the 1st down catch to put them at the 7.

I atleast get nicks had ball security and getting the first as huge priorities. The Bradshaw comment was totally bizarre - why not tell him pre-play? It's not like Eli figured it out while dropping back. He said as the ball was handed to him Eli was screaming to go down and not score. The last few plays had a few real head scratchers. Giants coaching wasn't impressive the last 60 seconds.... From either coordinator. The td confusion, the nicks 1st, going for 2 was the wrong call, the 4th down catch at the sticks (camp someone 15 yards down at the sideline!)

Edited by NoSaint

I atleast get nicks had ball security and getting the first as huge priorities. The Bradshaw comment was totally bizarre - why not tell him pre-play? It's not like Eli figured it out while dropping back. He said as the ball was handed to him Eli was screaming to go down and not score. The last few plays had a few real head scratchers. Giants coaching wasn't impressive the last 60 seconds.... From either coordinator. The td confusion, the nicks 1st, going for 2 was the wrong call, the 4th down catch at the sticks (camp someone 15 yards down at the sideline!)

Nick's should have caught it and gone down. And Bradshaw should have been told pre-play. That's bad coaching, but luckily for them it didn't bite them in the ass.

I'll give Nicks a pass on that one. Getting the first down was critical so he was fighting hard for that and protecting the ball from a defense desparate to create a turnover, so it was a little hard to glance over at the yardage stick to know exactly where he was on the field.

I don't think Coughlin wanted to leave it up to a FG attempt. Too many things can go wrong.

I'll give Nicks a pass on that one. Getting the first down was critical so he was fighting hard for that and protecting the ball from a defense desparate to create a turnover, so it was a little hard to glance over at the yardage stick to know exactly where he was on the field.

I don't think Coughlin wanted to leave it up to a FG attempt. Too many things can go wrong.

The FG would have been like an extra point attempt, and they had a TO to use to stop the clock and set it up properly (unlike the Ravens). I'd take my chances knowing the game would end on the kick, and if you can't make what amounts to an extra point attempt, you don't deserve to win.