Stevie Johnson is a class act in my book now!

fansince88

I wish people would read the article before commenting, it's about him giving away SB tickets, not him buying someones milk in the grocery store.

Gave away Superbowl tickets?

He obviously doesn't care enough about football. Cut him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would read the article before commenting, it's about him giving away SB tickets, not him buying someones milk in the grocery store.

Pretty much... The OP could have left out the whole milk story for the simple minded I guess? I think the one's that went on to talk about the milk story actually did read the article and read the story about the SB tickets and decided to find a negative way or a business way of looking at it...

That's the problem with people in general...

Even patriot fans are so used to success these days that when Tom Brady and the offense can't convert a 3rd down, their fans are quick to boo them.

Meanwhile Bills fans don't really start boo'ing until we realize the season is gonna be a losing one... I love Bills fans for this but the negativity has to stop... I'm not saying let's all get Ralph Wilson tattooed on our bodies but I think It's enough with the whole Ralph is cheap comments.

Sorry to get off topic BTW...

Hey Jerry, Please read before inserting foot in mouth. See below:

How bout we follow his example and do the same on the scale we can afford. Give it a try people, you will feel good.

In other words if you CAN'T afford to do this, then don't.

:wallbash:

Good form Dopey

I was gonna post this up yesterday but I chose not to cuz our guys on TBD always have a negative way of looking at positive situations but I'm glad you did...

Thanks for the HuSeYiN

Keep reading Jack. Long article but you have to read the whole thing before you reply like this and look like an ignoramus. Paragraph 27 for those of you that can count.

Edited by fansince88

Keep reading Jack. Long article but you have to read the whole thing before you reply like this and look like an ignoramus. Paragraph 27 for those of you that can count.

You look like the ignoramus -- the article isn't about buying the groceries, it's just an anecdote. The story is ABOUT giving away Super Bowl tickets to a worthy recipient.

I did read the whole article, 30 paragraphs and only two sentences are about milk. The rest is about a boy who lost his father to a heart attack, and the friends/family rallying around him to win Stevies contest.

The fact of the matter is Stevie's doing something good. Like who cares if he's rich or if you think he's doing it for a PR move, some people do actually have a heart. I know it's hard to fathom but it's true. There are thousands of athletes who make more money than him and a lot of them only volunteer there time. He's a young guy but he's far from a bad guy, he's made some immature decisions but he's always been a good teammate and he's always represented to the fullest extent for the city of Buffalo.

So if I'm buying my milk in change and I see someone else I should just buy theirs and go with out right? hah

He has MONEY, spending some on others to get good attention is a good investment. Agent's make sure their clients do this all the time....think about it.

Yeah rich guys do this all the time...We just never hear about it. Get outta here, 1st of all this kid was a 7th rd pick, and has been fined like crazy, so he is not all that rich!!!

He made a classy move that I for one truly admire and respect. I hope we get him signed, he's a very good, not great yet young wr and I would hate to see him blossom elsewhere!!!

Go SJ

Go Bills!!!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article719758.ece?twobillsdrive

This is a great read. When players making millions can't give an autograph without charging and he does this I say class act. In my book anyways. The article goes on to tell how he flipped the bill when someone in front of him in line had grocerys and a TV. How bout we follow his example and do the same on the scale we can afford. Give it a try people, you will feel good. If you see someone that has a handfull of kids pulling out change to buy milk buy it for them. Ive been there before ( both sides of the issue) and it will make your day to help. Good day to all.

Agreed. Nothing but love for Stevie. I hope he remains a Bill. The guy loves the City and the team. You don't see that much these days it seems to be more about the money and other things like nightlife and weather. He wants to be a Bill and I want him to be a Bill.

I wonder how great we'll think Stevie is when he's scooped up by the highest bidder in free agency? Will we clap when he doesn't drop touchdown passes against us?

Obviously we won't clap... We love the uniform not the player... As of now SJ's uniform still has a Buffalo on it so he's still loved .. on a side note I still have love for London Fletcher as long as he doesn't play us...

Pretty much... The OP could have left out the whole milk story for the simple minded I guess? I think the one's that went on to talk about the milk story actually did read the article and read the story about the SB tickets and decided to find a negative way or a business way of looking at it...

Even patriot fans are so used to success these days that when Tom Brady and the offense can't convert a 3rd down, their fans are quick to boo them.

Meanwhile Bills fans don't really start boo'ing until we realize the season is gonna be a losing one... I love Bills fans for this but the negativity has to stop... I'm not saying let's all get Ralph Wilson tattooed on our bodies but I think It's enough with the whole Ralph is cheap comments.

It's not just that he's cheap. He also runs a horrible football organization. He's run this franchise into the ground. Why does the negativity have to stop? We haven't made the playofs in 12 years. We're the laughing stock of the league. We shouldn't be negative why? Because you say it's time to stop?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article719758.ece?twobillsdrive

This is a great read. When players making millions can't give an autograph without charging and he does this I say class act. In my book anyways. The article goes on to tell how he flipped the bill when someone in front of him in line had grocerys and a TV. How bout we follow his example and do the same on the scale we can afford. Give it a try people, you will feel good. If you see someone that has a handfull of kids pulling out change to buy milk buy it for them. Ive been there before ( both sides of the issue) and it will make your day to help. Good day to all.

Class act? Obviously you didn't pay attention to the stupid, selfish, childish BS he pulled all season that hurt the team. "Class Acts" don't don't act like that.

Class act? Obviously you didn't pay attention to the stupid, selfish, childish BS he pulled all season that hurt the team. "Class Acts" don't don't act like that.

laughable. because excessive celebration penalties define a person more than selfless acts in the community... get a !@#$ing life dude.

laughable. because excessive celebration penalties define a person more than selfless acts in the community... get a !@#$ing life dude.

So you want a guy on your team that gives to the community (aka class act in your book) but acts like a childish fool on the football field and HURTS the team. What makes him more of a JOKE is he had opportunities to make up for his stupidity by catching the ball in critcal situations - and failed miserably..yea I want that type of "class act" on my team. A class act knows how to give to the community AND how to act on the field. They do BOTH. SJ needs to f'n grow up and stop acting like bozo TO on the field. Selfless acts toward the community but totally SELFISH on the field. Yea thats gonna win football games.

Edited by Azucho98

from your entire post all i got was, wait for it,

ralph is cheap

So if I'm buying my milk in change and I see someone else I should just buy theirs and go with out right? hah

He has MONEY, spending some on others to get good attention is a good investment. Agent's make sure their clients do this all the time....think about it.

damn if this forum was live, you probably would be dead right now.