Tasker Tweet re: Pete Metzelaars TE coach

DevilsAlum

Funny too that the writer never puts 17 coaches in full context. Yes, some teams have 20 or more. How many? And how many teams have 17 or less? He never says. Maybe including that info would ruin the jab he was trying to take?

PTR

The Patriots have 16 coaches on their homepage and the Giants 19. The Jets have 18. Chuck Pollock should find something else to focus his hate.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Latest Buffalo Bills News | SportSpyder

A quick blog post about the Tasker cryptic tweet: wgr550.com ... Metzelaars is the

new TE coach for the Bills, but he and Steve Tasker were "roomies". ... On that

link, 7th paragraph down in Steve's blog says that he and Pete were roommates.

http://sportspyder.com/teams/buffalo-bills/news

I think this also means that a taller receiver TE will be drafted between RD4-6:

Metzelaars: Height: 6-7 Weight: 254

RD4:

Michael Egnew is 6'5", 242

Ladarius Green is 6'6", 230

RD5:

Rhett Ellison is 6'5", 248

RD5-6:

Kevin Koger is 6'4", 256

Edited by Astrobot

A quick blog post about the Tasker cryptic tweet: wgr550.com ... Metzelaars is the

I think this also means that a taller receiver TE will be drafted between RD4-6:

RD4:

RD5:

RD5-6:

Kevin Koger is 6'4", 256

I don't see how hiring a tall coach means we're gonna draft a tall player at a position that has been largely ignored for a long time. That said, Scott Chandler is pretty tall

They definitely roomed together so that must be it. Good to see one of our glory year players back in the fold, and he has quality coaching experience.

Not possible. I read on this very board that Ralph won't hire former players as coaches. Seems he thinks it will open the floodgates. Next thing you know Erik Flowers will be calling to coach the D-line. When that happens can Mike Williams be far behind?

Gotta say that I was hoping for exactly this move when I heard that the Indy staff was being cleared.

I also hope that Chan finally got that the TE --- when you get one who's worth more than a bucket of warm stevestojan --- can be a very important part of an offense as a dump-off target for a QB whose bread-and-butter is short-to-mid-range throws.

RD4:

RD5:

RD5-6:

Kevin Koger is 6'4", 256

I hope they sign a Free Agent TE by the name of Chandler

Scott Chandler 6'7" 263

RD4:

RD5:

RD5-6:

Kevin Koger is 6'4", 256

YES!!! We haven't had a good TE since Metz, I'm all in for Egnew although he isn't Petes size who today would be like 6-9 275, he seemed that big back then. However we got Chandler and Smith for size, maybe we can make Osweiler our wildcat QB but put him at TE :D

Not possible. I read on this very board that Ralph won't hire former players as coaches. Seems he thinks it will open the floodgates. Next thing you know Erik Flowers will be calling to coach the D-line. When that happens can Mike Williams be far behind?

The quote was confirmed by Chris Brown so I'll continue to stick to my guns on that one. Chris also said it was more half heartedly than a firm stance.

Looking at it though it seems the former players hired to coach had other jobs coaching prior to Buffalo ie Van Pelt in NFL Europe and Metz with Indy

Also I'd like to congratulate Barbarian on his first post in a month without some reference to Tannehill

The quote was confirmed by Chris Brown so I'll continue to stick to my guns on that one. Chris also said it was more half heartedly than a firm stance.

Looking at it though it seems the former players hired to coach had other jobs coaching prior to Buffalo ie Van Pelt in NFL Europe and Metz with Indy

Also I'd like to congratulate Barbarian on his first post in a month without some reference to Tannehill

doubt it's been a month :lol: