Stevie to put end to TD displays

SKRAAPY

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes i don't understand Stevie. Why did he have to do some sort of antic to get recognition. All you need are stats. Just show up, score a TD and flip the ball to the ref while high fiving your teammates. Jump into the stands if you like. Making stupid teashirts or playacting only gets you negative attention in the ochocinco and TO world. Ocho is past his prime and TO is broke. Not good roll models if you ask me.

Sounds like he is expecting to be a bill next year the way he is talking about being a vet next year compared to the other bills recievers. I think this is a good sign, tho I am Erik worried about losing him.

Agreed (except for the Erik comment????)

I too am concerned if the Bills let him go, we take a step back by creating ANOTHER hole.

We need to build on 2011 so the agony was not all for naught. Keep the performers and add guys where we have gaps.

Sure sounds like his presence in the Bills locker room in 2012 is a foregone conclusion:

“When I came in we had Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Justin Jenkins, we had more veteran guys,” he said. ”Now things are changing and now I’m the veteran receiver among the first-year and second-year guys and my whole mentality has to change. That’s something I’m going to be working on this upcoming season. My receivers coach was already instilling that in me knowing I’m going to be the veteran receiver and I have to take charge of the receivers and be more vocal with the entire team. I’m ready to work on that in terms of being an overall leader for the team and for my receivers. Just the mental part. The physical aspect is going to be the same where it’s going to be competition and I want to win.”

One of the best pieces of news this offseason. Both hopeful that the light may be coming on for Stevie AND that we will be the team to see dividends from this young improving player. All talk on both points still but it could be a start

Edited by NoSaint

He gave Buffalo some character. He made the game a little fun and we had more tears then laughs this year. Sure it was bone headed sometimes but it'd also hypocritical to celebrate Aaron Rodgers belt or Tebow Tebowing and see this different.

Man, I hope he comes back. But as a buddy of mine mentioned, I can see the Jets making a hard run at him... That would suck.

The Jets have spent like drunken sailors each of the last three or four off seasons.

They're a "player" for EVERY notable FA it seems.

But isn't this the off season when the financial chicken comes home to roost in NYC? I keep hearing things about them being too broke to make any moves, too broke to even keep their own guys...

Sometimes i don't understand Stevie. Why did he have to do some sort of antic to get recognition. All you need are stats. Just show up, score a TD and flip the ball to the ref while high fiving your teammates. Jump into the stands if you like. Making stupid teashirts or playacting only gets you negative attention in the ochocinco and TO world. Ocho is past his prime and TO is broke. Not good roll models if you ask me.

bc flipping the ball to the ref doesnt get them on espn

The Jets have spent like drunken sailors each of the last three or four off seasons.

They're a "player" for EVERY notable FA it seems.

But isn't this the off season when the financial chicken comes home to roost in NYC? I keep hearing things about them being too broke to make any moves, too broke to even keep their own guys...

The best part - too broke to cut santonio.

What does this have to do with their football careers? Stevie reminds me next to nothing of those two. Also, we'd be lucky if Stevie became the WR those two were when they were in their "prime."

bc flipping the ball to the ref doesnt get them on espn

And this thought extends to more than just post-touchdown stuff. I can't count the number of times I've seen defenders launch themselves at RBs and whiff because they wanted to make a highlight tackle instead of wrapping up.

Or how about the NBA, where a highlight block gets you on the Top 10...the part you don't see is the 10 other times where the exact same effort puts the opponent on the charity stripe.

I've never seen an ego like this before. Every time he opens up his mouth it gets worse. It's not just the celebrations. It's his values. He only values himself. He only celebrates to make a name for himself. He only celebrates BY himself. Has anyone ever seen him high-five a teammate?? Maybe he has, but usually I see him blow off teammates holding their hands up. All he worries about are HIS stats and what to post on Twitter. Sorry, but I hope they let him walk. $7.5 mil can be spent better elsewhere.

And this thought extends to more than just post-touchdown stuff. I can't count the number of times I've seen defenders launch themselves at RBs and whiff because they wanted to make a highlight tackle instead of wrapping up.

Or how about the NBA, where a highlight block gets you on the Top 10...the part you don't see is the 10 other times where the exact same effort puts the opponent on the charity stripe.

what really annoys me is the guy that makes a tackle in a crowd and feels the need to sprint out 20 yards just so everyone knew it was him that made the tackle