Vikings will listen for trades....

Armchair GM

The just drafted Ponder last year, but Carolina took Cam right after they took Clausen. I think its possible they draft RG3. They'd be stupid not too.Ponder showed flashes but RG3 will be a star.

Clausen 2nd rounder, showed next to nothing as a rookie.

Ponder #12 overall. Looked pretty good.

There is no comparison whatsoever.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading up a pick or 2 is one thing, jumping up to number 3 from 10 with the point system is dumb

the # 3 pick is worth 2200

R1p10 = 1300

R2p42= 480

R3p74= 220

R4p106= 82

R5p138= 37

R6p170= 23.4

R7p202= 10.6

Our entire Draft = 2153

We would have to package in next years first round draft our one of our best players to achieve this sort of like the Cutler or Ricky Williams trade.....just stupidity

Well you are on the Bills blog -- just look at some of the other things people on here want to do and you'll see this would fit right in :blink: !!!!!

Could happen. Do you think the Rams new regime believe in Bradford?

PTR

If they don't they are the biggest morons in NFL History. Bradford is the next "Payton" if they pull their heads out and address the OL then add a couple weapons.

talk about being a homer.. romo, freeman,flacco, dalton, smith are all much better than fitz and outside of gabbert who will be a huge bust and possibly mccoy who isnt very good and tebow all the other guys are about same as fitzy.. be realistic, i know hes our guy... but cmon, hes a journeyman QB who throws 2 yard passes and relies on YAC more than anything. if we could get RG3 i would do it in a second... give them this yrs 1st and next yrs 1st with probably a 3rd rounder and a player that could help them that we dont really need.. they are very short in the secondary and we could probably throw in a guy like mccelvin who was a 1st round pick that we dont really need and they may think they can turn him around.. the guy has all the skill but his IQ is probably lower than his age..

Fitz had a better year than Freeman. Why do we give him a pass but hold Fitz responsible to dominate against all odds.

Dalton played well, but statistically was similar in production to Fitz and that's with AJ Green to throw to and without the rash of injuries suffered by Fitz's line, receivers, & now it seems even to himself.

i just vomited all over

I'll hold your hair...

For the "Fitzie is our QB of the future" peoples...

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but just state the obvious....

Unlike, Fitzpatrick...I'm not a Harvard graduate!

I'm an average joe, with an average IQ! But, I am smart enough to tell you he is not a good QB--and for a good time, I challenge those people who think "Fitz is the QB of the future" to look into his win-loss record as a starting QB--it's horrendous!

Yes, he's played primarily on the Bengals and Bills...but, his win-loss record is a good start at realizing he isn't that good!

I'm on my phone typing this, but if I recall he has a record similar to that of a QB--who shouldn't be a starting QB--anywhere!

When it comes down to it...IF the reining interception leader of 2011 is still our starting QB in 2012--and into the future...expect the same results as we have all witnessed watching this team in the past 12 seasons--highs and lows, with no playoffs!

I hope, Fitz and this organization can prove me wrong--but, based on results--I doubt it!

BTW, the Buffalo Bills have an option of cutting Fitz in March, if they do...the Bills save face of the majority if Fitz's contract--only losing out on the 10 million signing bonus.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Does the fact that people are even asking this question about StL and Bradford cause anyone here to have even the teentsiest bit of doubt about the wisdom of expecting a high pick QB to turn around a team instantly? Because it should, my friends. It should. Though I know it won't.

No one expects instant, and a 70m+ deal changes the entire conversation with bradford. At 20m he's considered a bargain and a great value. At 70 he's a big investment, and with any risk it's tough.

Last, it's a new coach.

Trading up a pick or 2 is one thing, jumping up to number 3 from 10 with the point system is dumb

the # 3 pick is worth 2200

R1p10 = 1300

R2p42= 480

R3p74= 220

R4p106= 82

R5p138= 37

R6p170= 23.4

R7p202= 10.6

Our entire Draft = 2153

We would have to package in next years first round draft our one of our best players to achieve this sort of like the Cutler or Ricky Williams trade.....just stupidity

Meh....I don't think the Giants regret trading up for Eli Manning. And they made that deal when they could have just kept Phillip Rivers or drafted Ben Roethlisberger. The Chargers ended up getting Shawne Merriman with the Giants other first round pick to go along with Rivers. Merriman had a great start to his career.

All the Giants got out of the deal was a SB win and now a second trip to the SB.

The lesson is that the important thing is getting the QB. You can have 22 Courtney Upshaw's and the team with one Eli Manning will beat you so I don't think the cost of trading up is unjustified if you like the QB.

Is RG3 as good a prospect as Eli? Probably. People forget that Eli was not the same type of football-fanatic competitor as Peyton and is just this year really playing like a top 5 QB on a consistent basis.

I'll hold your hair...

For the "Fitzie is our QB of the future" peoples...

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but just state the obvious....

Unlike, Fitzpatrick...I'm not a Harvard graduate!

I'm an average joe, with an average IQ! But, I am smart enough to tell you he is not a good QB--and for a good time, I challenge those people who think "Fitz is the QB of the future" to look into his win-loss record as a starting QB--it's horrendous!

Yes, he's played primarily on the Bengals and Bills...but, his win-loss record is a good start at realizing he isn't that good!

I'm on my phone typing this, but if I recall he has a record similar to that of a QB--who shouldn't be a starting QB--anywhere!

When it comes down to it...IF the reining interception leader of 2011 is still our starting QB in 2012--and into the future...expect the same results as we have all witnessed watching this team in the past 12 seasons--highs and lows, with no playoffs!

I hope, Fitz and this organization can prove me wrong--but, based on results--I doubt it!

BTW, the Buffalo Bills have an option of cutting Fitz in March, if they do...the Bills save face of the majority if Fitz's contract--only losing out on the 10 million signing bonus.

To me, the issue isn't whether Fitz is a good or bad QB. And I have no question that given a roster with some better receivers, better blockers and a better defense he could get the Bills to the playoffs once or twice.

The issue to me is that he is not an exceptional QB by today's standards. If you want to become one of those organizations that competes for a decade, you really need to find one of those guys. With the roster turnover and short careers of so many other positions the best approach is to get the best QB that you can. Just as an example, look at the SB matchup. It's a re-match of the game 4 years ago but less than 10 players on each team were on those teams in the last matchup. ONLY 4 years ago and those rosters are almost completely turned over.

It's about the quality of your QB play.

To me, the issue isn't whether Fitz is a good or bad QB. And I have no question that given a roster with some better receivers, better blockers and a better defense he could get the Bills to the playoffs once or twice.

The issue to me is that he is not an exceptional QB by today's standards. If you want to become one of those organizations that competes for a decade, you really need to find one of those guys. With the roster turnover and short careers of so many other positions the best approach is to get the best QB that you can. Just as an example, look at the SB matchup. It's a re-match of the game 4 years ago but less than 10 players on each team were on those teams in the last matchup. ONLY 4 years ago and those rosters are almost completely turned over.

I think it's two fold. A defense is built, and because of that it both takes a long time, but has longevity. It takes hitting on 6, 7, 8 guys. Once you have those guys you start building that stability as odds are you won't lose them all, and in replacing them you don't have to hit 100% - hence teams like Baltimore and pittsburgh are always in it.

On the flip side, hitting on one qb can have the same effect. It's just a bigger roll of the dice as you end up betting the house one player at a time instead of building a unit.

Build the defense but if you see the guy at qb, I dont care what's given up. He's worth a half dozen great players if you do hit on the pick.

Edited by NoSaint

I think it's two fold. A defense is built, and because of that it both takes a long time, but has longevity. It takes hitting on 6, 7, 8 guys. Once you have those guys you start building that stability as odds are you won't lose them all, and in replacing them you don't have to hit 100% - hence teams like Baltimore and pittsburgh are always in it.

On the flip side, hitting on one qb can have the same effect. It's just a bigger roll of the dice as you end up betting the house one player at a time instead of building a unit.

Build the defense but if you see the guy at qb, I dont care what's given up. He's worth a half dozen great players if you do hit on the pick.

The Ravens were pretty bad in 2005 and 2007 when their QB play was poor. In between, with a strong year by Steve McNair, they had an excellent season but I think the perception that they are always in it because of their defense is wrong. Their defense IS good but it doesn't assure them success the way it is perceived because they have been good recently.

talk about being a homer.. romo, freeman,flacco, dalton, smith are all much better than fitz and outside of gabbert who will be a huge bust and possibly mccoy who isnt very good and tebow all the other guys are about same as fitzy.. be realistic, i know hes our guy... but cmon, hes a journeyman QB who throws 2 yard passes and relies on YAC more than anything. if we could get RG3 i would do it in a second... give them this yrs 1st and next yrs 1st with probably a 3rd rounder and a player that could help them that we dont really need.. they are very short in the secondary and we could probably throw in a guy like mccelvin who was a 1st round pick that we dont really need and they may think they can turn him around.. the guy has all the skill but his IQ is probably lower than his age..

What a horrible, horrible idea.

The Ravens were pretty bad in 2005 and 2007 when their QB play was poor. In between, with a strong year by Steve McNair, they had an excellent season but I think the perception that they are always in it because of their defense is wrong. Their defense IS good but it doesn't assure them success the way it is perceived because they have been good recently.

Clearly you need NFL players across the board. I was talking about the elite type players. You have junk at nearly any position and it'll catch up to you.

I agree! As a fan of this team, I want to see this team be a success.

I just hope, Fitz doesn't become the reigning interception champ in 2012, if that is the case...no playoffs for 13+ years!

Do we do it

Who would pull the trigger and to get RGIII?

Two words. FIRE SALE.

That's right, everything must go!

It'd be worth trading our entire 2012 draft if RG3 was still on the board.

If the pundits are right, this is a once in a generation type of player. I wouldn't hesitate.

Two words. FIRE SALE.

That's right, everything must go!

It'd be worth trading our entire 2012 draft if RG3 was still on the board.

IF the pundits are right, this is a once in a generation type of player. I wouldn't hesitate.

And if they are wrong you just flushed the franchise for the next 5 years. RGIII better throw 7 TDs a game because our D will be giving up at least 6 a game.

I agree if Griffin is that amazing he would make the Bills a much stronger offensive team but you are really putting all your chip on one spin of the wheel.

PTR

And if they are wrong you just flushed the franchise for the next 5 years. RGIII better throw 7 TDs a game because our D will be giving up at least 6 a game.

I agree if Griffin is that amazing he would make the Bills a much stronger offensive team but you are really putting all your chip on one spin of the wheel.

PTR

Over reaction much? The entire 2010 draft is pretty much a bust(exception Spiller who hasn't done anything significant). So because of the very poor draft by Buddy Nix, and using your logic we set the team back 5 years. Where do you get this stuff from? Its pathetic logic.

Edited by Best Player Available

Over reaction much? The entire 2010 draft is pretty much a bust(exception Spiller who hasn't done anything significant). So because of the very poor draft by Buddy Nix, and using your logic we set the team back 5 years. Where do you get this stuff from? Its pathetic logic.

How do like living up my azz?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot