Buffalo Bills Courting LB Courtney Upshaw and WR Marquis Maze

Sniper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is Upshaw looks like a immovable object who has the right size, strength, and has consistantly been doing it at a high level.....

This sounds like a good fit

Seems like he will be able to set the edge, a complaint I heard a lot from OBD during the season, especially after Merriman went out. I hope we can find an olb that can cover te's later in the draft.

one thing not a lot of people know about coples is that UNC for some odd reason played him as a DT most of his career and he still ended up with good sack numbers. Being 6'6" 285 is a horrible build for an interior linemen and UNC made a horrible decision to play him as such. Whenever he lined up as a DE he destroyed OT's in no time. he has the perfect size and long arms to be a huge threat as a true DE

From what I hear Coples is the most physically dominant of them all and could be the next great NFL DE if he wants to be. The problem is he might not want it badly enough.

Courtney Upshaw is a complete stud! It doesn't matter if he's at OLB or DE, he is gonna be an NFL Pro Bowler. He is the exact type of football player the Buffalo Bills need. For everyone whose doubting his pass rush skills. Stop it, ur embarrassing yourself. Anyone who watched college football consistently knows that Upshaw is the real deal and can be a double digit sack master in the NFL!

Because Buffalo Barbarian has a HUGE, almost creepy man crush on Tannehill.

Relevance?

McShay has Upshaw rated as the best pass rusher at the Senior Bowl for all those that say he can't rush the passer. He did gush a bit about Ingram as well

McShay is obviously blind or has some weird side bet with Kipher.

From what I hear Coples is the most physically dominant of them all and could be the next great NFL DE if he wants to be. The problem is he might not want it badly enough.

that says it all.

Courtney Upshaw is a complete stud! It doesn't matter if he's at OLB or DE, he is gonna be an NFL Pro Bowler. He is the exact type of football player the Buffalo Bills need. For everyone whose doubting his pass rush skills. Stop it, ur embarrassing yourself. Anyone who watched college football consistently knows that Upshaw is the real deal and can be a double digit sack master in the NFL!

Double digits :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched all their games that were on he is not a sack master. Big play maker yes, awesome LB yes, sack master no.

Relevance?

McShay is obviously blind or has some weird side bet with Kipher.

that says it all.

Double digits :lol: :lol: :lol: I watched all their games that were on he is not a sack master. Big play maker yes, awesome LB yes, sack master no.

I remember a guy that played for the Bills fairly recently. He tallied up quite a few sacks. In fact I think only Bruce had more sacks for the Bills than he did.

But people always bitched that his sacks were in garbage time or rarely made differences in the game. He wasn't a special player because he always took himself out of most plays by just rushing the QB. At least that's similar to a lot of the stuff that was written here about him.

Do we want a guy that racks up a good amount of sacks over the course of the season, or do we want a playmaker?

Do we want a guy that can get 12 sacks a season with 8 of them coming in the 4th quarter of blowout losses? Or do we want a guy that might only get 5 sacks a season, but each one of those sacks being a turning point in the game?

Before people complain, I'm not saying anyone in this thread is great or terrible. I'm saying I value playmakers over guys that rack up numbers that look good.

Edited by Joe Miner

Yea, but maybe he's a "runner"?

But he's not a brocker.

Welker is 5'9" and 185lbs.

Parrish is 5'9" and 175lbs.

I think they compare very favorably to each other.

I wouldn't put too much stock in listed heights/weights.

Welker looks more thickly built than Roscoe. Roscoe looks wispy. I think he's closer to 165 than 175.

As a Blitzer, but when he goes one on one with the Tackle he can't get by them.

Dude, I dont want to seem like Im picking on you today, but you are really showing some football ignorance here.

As a Rush OLB, your statement makes no sense. He RUSHES the QB. I guarantee if we showed you 50 plays, you couldnt tell me the difference of when he was "blitzing" and when he was "rushing".

I get that you want to knock this kid down because of your Tannehill love, but Upshaw was a LEADER on the BEST defense in the country for the past 3 years. He's rated as the top Pass Rusher by almost every draft guide.

Dude, I dont want to seem like Im picking on you today, but you are really showing some football ignorance here.

As a Rush OLB, your statement makes no sense. He RUSHES the QB. I guarantee if we showed you 50 plays, you couldnt tell me the difference of when he was "blitzing" and when he was "rushing".

I get that you want to knock this kid down because of your Tannehill love, but Upshaw was a LEADER on the BEST defense in the country for the past 3 years. He's rated as the top Pass Rusher by almost every draft guide.

So true. A lot of ignorance being shown in those posts.

Upshaw made plays on the best defense in all the land in the best conference in all the land. He finished 2nd in "big plays" (Sacks & Tackles for Loss) per attempt. He had a sack or tackle for loss every 24 snaps. Alabama's defense was so dominant, they only faced 720 snaps this season. That is significantly less then these other prospects. Like 100-200 snaps. You have to take that into account in ranking him. The fact he was still able to post 10 sacks in the SEC with the fewest opportunities is even more impressive.

Why he should be penalized for being a major part of the most dominant defense in college football is beyond me. Alabama's defense was just that good and Upshaw was a major part of it. Like the MVP of the National Championship part of it.

He is the Haloti Ngata and Brian Orakpo of this draft: A sure thing. I really hope the Bills don't go for the Donte Whitner or Aaron Maybin instead.

I personally don't think they will. Nix actually knows what he is doing and has gone BPA in his two drafts in the 1st round (Spiller & Dareus). He loves players from the SEC and did quite well the last time he picked the defensive MVP of the National Championship game from Alabama.

So true. A lot of ignorance being shown in those posts.

Upshaw made plays on the best defense in all the land in the best conference in all the land. He finished 2nd in "big plays" (Sacks & Tackles for Loss) per attempt. He had a sack or tackle for loss every 24 snaps. Alabama's defense was so dominant, they only faced 720 snaps this season. That is significantly less then these other prospects. Like 100-200 snaps. You have to take that into account in ranking him. The fact he was still able to post 10 sacks in the SEC with the fewest opportunities is even more impressive.

Why he should be penalized for being a major part of the most dominant defense in college football is beyond me. Alabama's defense was just that good and Upshaw was a major part of it. Like the MVP of the National Championship part of it.

He is the Haloti Ngata and Brian Orakpo of this draft: A sure thing. I really hope the Bills don't go for the Donte Whitner or Aaron Maybin instead.

I personally don't think they will. Nix actually knows what he is doing and has gone BPA in his two drafts in the 1st round (Spiller & Dareus). He loves players from the SEC and did quite well the last time he picked the defensive MVP of the National Championship game from Alabama.

I agree with most of this post.

You brought up Whitner. Some lucky bastard will draft Mark Barron, probably late in round 1. Imo he will be better than Whitner in every phase of the game, and Dick Levy wasted a #8 on him. We used a #9 on Spiller. Do you think he is as good as Trent Richardson? Imo it isn't close.

The Bills would be foolish not to dip into the talent pool of the Crimson Tide.

I agree with most of this post.

You brought up Whitner. Some lucky bastard will draft Mark Barron, probably late in round 1. Imo he will be better than Whitner in every phase of the game, and Dick Levy wasted a #8 on him. We used a #9 on Spiller. Do you think he is as good as Trent Richardson? Imo it isn't close.

The Bills would be foolish not to dip into the talent pool of the Crimson Tide.

If we drafted Upshaw in rd.1 and Barron fell to us in rd.2 we would cause our opponents to punt alot more than they did this year.