Mike Mayocks Top 10 QB's

T master

If Dilfer's analysis is accurate, it would make Foles a very tempting QB prospect!

If I was an NFL GM, I would hire someone to design a test to see how quickly someone can recognize and react to visual stimuli. The idea would be to give someone five or ten different visual cues, and require him to make a quick, accurate decision based on those cues. Someone who did well on such a test would presumably do well at quickly going through his reads, instead of locking on to one particular guy.

Just have to also have 300lb guys running at him while making those decisions, and 80K people screaming.

Joking...i understand what you mean.

Kellen Moore is interesting, and looks like he may go the same route as Brees did, second round. His height is scarry...if he was 6'3 or taller he would be a top ten qb. Also maybe playing at Boise St has hurt him a little.

I don't think Foles or Moore (or Keenum) have the arm strength to succeed in Buffalo's winds/weather. I could definitely see them being successful for a domed team.

Lindley would be a nice prospect to pick up in the middle rounds. He's still a little raw but he's got a big-time arm and he did a good job of elevating the talent around him at SDSU.

Edited by TheBrownBear

I don't think Foles or Moore (or Keenum) have the arm strength to succeed in Buffalo's winds/weather. I could definitely see them being successful for a domed team.

Lindlay would be a nice prospect to pick up in the middle rounds. He's still a little raw but he's got a big-time arm and he did a good job of elevating the talent around him at SDSU.

Really? Every scouting report on Foles mentions the fact that he has great arm strength.

I saw Foles play 2 years ago. Looked like a stud. Accurate. I remember a possession WR they had too. Maybe Criner. Both were the best guys on the field.

Foles is legit from what I saw when he played. He was always running for his life cause his line was horrible. Its tough for Arizona to compete with USC/Oregon so he gets a bit less publicity imo.

Edited by stony

I would draft Kellen Moore. He's the one who fits the criteria from those QB formulas they use, and last year Dalton was the one who fit it...Moore is a gamer. I'd pick him up and see what happens.

Not me - Kellen Moore looks like a "system QB" to me. Popgun arm too, if I remember right.

I saw Wheedon a bunch of times and really like him but isn't he like...old?

yeah, what a waste- drafting an old player. he must be 20 something by now.

like KURT WARNER, who played his first nfl game when he was about 30.

what were the rams thinking ??

(ans: superbowl)

~AS

Not me - Kellen Moore looks like a "system QB" to me. Popgun arm too, if I remember right.

Almost all the scouting reports say Moore has a weak arm. He'd get eaten up by the winds. If Foles is all that, get him. I do like what I've read about Coleman though, and he may be a later draft pick to speculate on.

Next year's crop will be better. :devil: Just getting that out of the way, ;)

Luck and RG3 seem to be the cream of the crop this year (I am no college scout or expert, I have seen about 12 of Luck's games but haven't seen RG3 at all). There's very little chance the Bills will be in a position to grab either of these guys as it appears they'll go 1 and 2 respectively, if not 1 and 4. Personally I'm all for the Bills moving up to grab one of these guys if they believe he's their guy ... but I doubt it happens.

All that said, I really like next year's QB class, at least in terms of potential. Fields and Barkley are two guys I've seen a lot of and I think another year in college is going to help their game tremendously.

I believe the Bills need a QB. But if they don't grab one this year, I'd be happy with them grabbing one in '13. But at some point the Bills WILL have to trade up to get an elite QB in the draft (even at the expense of future draft picks). It's the most important position on the field, it's the quickest way to make the franchise relevant again AND competitive.