Franchise QB

pandamonium

Any chance we'll have a Franchise QB in the next 3-5 years (and please don't say that Fitz is it). Growing very tired of mediocrity. Tired of seeing top tier QBs guide their respective teams to the playoffs year in and year out while the Bills sit at home. Say what you want about the Bills other team needs, but they will never be better than average until they have a true Franchise QB.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we'll have a Franchise QB in the next 3-5 years (and please don't say that Fitz is it). Growing very tired of mediocrity. Tired of seeing top tier QBs guide their respective teams to the playoffs year in and year out while the Bills sit at home. Say what you want about the Bills other team needs, but they will never be better than average until they have a true Franchise QB.

You act like you can just decide to get a franchise QB, like teams that don't have one decided not to have one.

PTR

It's not like you can just pick one out at your local college , but i do think that there are a couple of guys that are coming out this year that are going to be good NFL QB's . '

I just hope if we do take one that his name isn't Ryan , i think there are others that offer a lot more that we can take in a late round like 3rd or 4th that can sit for at least a year & get him ready to just walk in & take over !!

Fitz is better than half the QB's in the league. He is better than Tebow and Flaco, they made the playoffs.

... and worse than half of the QBs in the league. And we're about as good as any 8-8 team. Unfortunately, we don't play in the NFC, so 8-8 won't cut it. Over the last 20 years, I can name two teams that won the SB that didn't have a franchise QB at the helm. Why wouldn't you give up a lot to get Luck who everyone seems to think is the 2nd coming and will likely be a top tier QB in the league for years to come. The Colts put Peyton Manning on a crappy team and he helped turn that organization around. As a FA, would you come to Buffalo to play with Luck or Fitz? Not to mention the fact that he'll single-handedly sell out the Ralph. Sure, you can say we have other holes to fill, but who doesn't. NE's defense has been abysmal this year, but they have a franchise QB and are playing in the SB (again). I'd be willing to wait another year or two for the turnaround if I felt like there was a light at the tunnel. With FItz, the only light is a train coming the other way with every other team on board - we're still headed in the wrong direction (as evidenced by the number of playoff appearances this century).

You never know where your franchise quarterback is going to come from. It could be that first round pick every team in the league would sell their soul for.

But it could also be a sixth round pick like Tom Brady. Or it could be that undrafted free agent like Tony Romo. You just never know.

Remember how angry everyone was when the Bills didn't take Jimmy Clausen?

I was angry they didn't draft Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round when he was still there. I want to see how good he turns out to be when he gets his chance.

Ahh yes, the weekly "franchise QB" discussion...

Yeah, Fitz is better than Flacco, no doubt. Flacco is an average at best QB on a very good team, he is the weak link.

The weak link that put the game-winning TD throw right into the hands of his double-covered receiver, who promptly dropped it.

Sorry, but after yesterday, I can't call Flacco the weak link. He put his team in position to win (or at the very least tie).