Dre Kirkpatrick Busted For Marijuana Possession

H2o

Ray Lewis is playing the the AFC Championship game in a few days and that dude was hiding in the trunk of a car NOT hiding from Murder charges.

A little weed won't let this kid fall off the charts.

Edited by stevestojan

Ray Lewis is playing the the AFC Championship game in a few days and that dude was hiding in the trunk of a car NOT hiding from Murder charges.

A little weed won't let this kid fall off the charts.

You are thinking of Rae Carruth.

Google is your friend I suggest using it.

And from the tiny windows we get into these guys lives - being dumb enough not just to be caught but to be caught 3 months before the biggest benchmark/evaluation of your career to date - is a huge red flag that there could be more to worry about.

Could be a simple story that is written off in moments as a simple life quirk - could be from the aqib talib school of predraft drama. At the very least, odds are he wasn't thinking much about his future when everything happened.

I am not argueing it was dumb, just that it won't impact his pick, and most college kids do dumb things. Factor in that he is an athlete that is assured he is set for life and it is no surprise. He'll get grilled on what happened, recite the story he practiced with his agent, everyone will shake hands and he will become a millionaire.

I am not argueing it was dumb, just that it won't impact his pick, and most college kids do dumb things. Factor in that he is an athlete that is assured he is set for life and it is no surprise. He'll get grilled on what happened, recite the story he practiced with his agent, everyone will shake hands and he will become a millionaire.

More likely - about 20 teams will dig through his life, put investigators all over him for a bit etc.... to learn the real stories. His last 5-10 years of life will get rummaged through in depth. And the interview will have nothing to do with his explanation but an extra barb that can be used to judge how he reacts under fire with bright lights on him. And then if the 5th team decides to pass, the 6-8 teams will get a shot at him.

Edited by NoSaint

This could hurt the Bills if he was otherwise going to be picked in the first 9 slots before we draft. Unless we take the guy, which I hope we don't.

It would suck if whoever was going to draft him decided to take our pass rusher instead.

20 grams is probably 200 bucks worth or so. That's what you call a bad risk/reward ratio son..... Instead of agents these young guys need mentors to sit them down after the last game of the college season with a simple list of THINGS YOU CANT DO and THINGS THAT ARE OK TO DO before the draft.

Yikes.....

3rd to 5th rounder now....

:lol:

Im going with doesn't drop at all, and is still a top 15 pick.

Yep and we are taking him.

Why would he drop,teams don't have as much money tied up in first round picks with the new CBA, and he's still IMO the clear cut second best corner in this draft.NFL teams will more likely be more concerned with how he times/tests at the combine.

From the games I've seen He's better than Claiborne.

What typically worries them isn't the weed, it's the judgement displayed in the situation. I think GMs generally accept that it happens - but to totally miss the boat on how to handle it if you are making that choice is a far bigger red flag. He wont freefall but even a few slots is millions.

We have ourselves a winner.

We were talking on the DraftTek board about how far he'll fall on the Big Board. I'd like your opinions.

My thoughts are that he now drops to the #28-42 range, below Dennard for sure and maybe below Janoris Jenkins and Minnifield.

We've also changed 57 players who have decided to return to college and avoid the No Fun League.

You look for precedents.

The one that comes to my mind is Warren Sapp.

In 1995, Sapp was a consensus Top 5 pick before rumors of a failed drug test caused him to slide to the 12th pick.

Smart on his part? Absolutely Not!

Critical to his Draft Position? Minor at the Most.

Cost him Millions? Nope but he will have to endure some extra behavioral clauses probably.

As someone else mentioned, if he was a QB, it would be a Huge deal. I think the NFL is a bit more tolerant nowadays as opposed to 10-15 years or so ago.

Look at Ricky Wiiliams as someone else mentioned or even sommersalt Jerome Simpson who had pounds of weed delivered to his house and hasn't been disciplined yet. As long as this guy can produce Clean Urine at drug test time, he will have a pretty decent career.

Look at Ricky Wiiliams as someone else mentioned or even sommersalt Jerome Simpson who had pounds of weed delivered to his house and hasn't been disciplined yet. As long as this guy can produce Clean Urine at drug test time, he will have a pretty decent career.

Your examples aren't really relevant.

Neither of the players you name had an incident in the months leading up to the draft. Both of them were already in the NFL.

We're talking about how this incident may or may not affect his draft status.

lots of people smoke weed, but very few get busted for it. You would actually have to be stupid enough to buy it from a cop or openly confess in order to get caught.

large, intimidating black youth with dreads... prime candidate for a stop and search. gets treated totally different during a traffic stop than you or I.

You are thinking of Rae Carruth.

Google is your friend I suggest using it.

damn, thats a name i havent heard in a while... i remember thinking he would have been a terrific slot guy... great hands and good in traffic but never made it in NFL and clearly had SOME issues......

large, intimidating black youth with dreads... prime candidate for a stop and search. gets treated totally different during a traffic stop than you or I.

Normally I'd point to hometown hero, shutdown corner on a championship team but he's neither in Alabama nor his hometown I believe....

If were throwing stuff against the wall maybe he's used to having a get out of jail free card around campus and was doing something that doesn't fly in the real world.

I'm sure at some point we will get a little more info

What typically worries them isn't the weed, it's the judgement displayed in the situation. I think GMs generally accept that it happens - but to totally miss the boat on how to handle it if you are making that choice is a far bigger red flag. He wont freefall but even a few slots is millions.

No this will worry GMs. the question is "You couldn't stop smoking weed for 100 days?" Seriously? You know you're about to take Drug tests on a regular basis pre-draft. Didn't your agent talk to you about this?"

The guy either is a major stoner or just completely stupid either way this looks really bad.

We were talking on the DraftTek board about how far he'll fall on the Big Board. I'd like your opinions.

My thoughts are that he now drops to the #28-42 range, below Dennard for sure and maybe below Janoris Jenkins and Minnifield.

We've also changed 57 players who have decided to return to college and avoid the No Fun League.

It's completely variable it's going to come down to interviews and Private Investigator information. If teams turn up that the guy is a pot head and everyone knew it but 'Bama was protecting him because of his talent he will fall real fall. Like second round far.

If it turns out he just thought he can burn one for old time sake before he got serious about the NFL and wasn't really associated with pot heads and this was a one off incident, then he won't drop much at all.

My guess is he goes bottom half of the 1st round now.

I agree it is a stupid stupid move... BUT, I also dont see his stock dropping much.

I mean, he's a DB. If he was a QB, then yes. But he'll still go in the top 20. He'll wow at the Combine and everyone will forget about this harmless incident.

See Leodis McKelvin.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Weed will be legal in some states in a few years. If this kid can play, it won't scare anyone off.

PTR

Morality aside. It's a banned substance and when detected it gets the player suspended. You would think he would not put himself in this position. Kirkpatrick showed very poor judgement and lack of maturity it will likely drop him out of the first round. GM jobs are tough to come by a GM is not going to put himself in the position of being raked over the coals if the guy screws up again. It's about the politics of it not the morality.

Morality aside. It's a banned substance and when detected it gets the player suspended. You would think he would not put himself in this position. Kirkpatrick showed very poor judgement and lack of maturity it will likely drop him out of the first round. GM jobs are tough to come by a GM is not going to put himself in the position of being raked over the coals if the guy screws up again. It's about the politics of it not the morality.

Plenty of guys have screwed up. He'd have to have big skeletons to drop past guys like say, aqib talib. He had tons of baggage. Lived up to every rumor. Problem is gm jobs are hard to come by and someone will be desperate, even if he's got baggage galore.

Edited by NoSaint

Smart on his part? Absolutely Not!

Critical to his Draft Position? Minor at the Most.

Cost him Millions? Nope but he will have to endure some extra behavioral clauses probably.

As someone else mentioned, if he was a QB, it would be a Huge deal. I think the NFL is a bit more tolerant nowadays as opposed to 10-15 years or so ago.

Dude is in college and has weed. Stupid to get caught but really, compared to our college careers, whether its you or friends, who cares? I did not smoke weed in college but had plenty of friends. They all get over it in the first couple of years. And they also have become fairly successful. In the end, who cares if you smoke weed in college? Hopefully the GM's will investigate to see if he has a more substantial substance abuse problem. If he does, drop him, if not, g for him.