Hire Frank Reich as new WR coach?

Of course I biased but we should hire Frank Reich as our new WR coach. He's been both a QB and WR coach during his stay in Indy. With Jim Caldwell's job up-in-the air (much like a punt from Moorman) there is a chance he becomes available this year.

I think that Frank is a quality person and on top of that he seemed like the smartest player on the field in Buffalo. He just didn't have the tools like Kelly did and also many of his best years were spent on the bench up. But I think having him on the team would be good for morale and just a good decision in general!

Of course I biased but we should hire Frank Reich as our new WR coach. He's been both a QB and WR coach during his stay in Indy. With Jim Caldwell's job up-in-the air (much like a punt from Moorman) there is a chance he becomes available this year.

I think that Frank is a quality person and on top of that he seemed like the smartest player on the field in Buffalo. He just didn't have the tools like Kelly did and also many of his best years were spent on the bench up. But I think having him on the team would be good for morale and just a good decision in general!

I'd be all for it. I understand that Wilson has consistently refused to hire former players on the dubious theory that "if you hire one you have to hire all of them". Um, no Ralph, you don't actually.

I'd be all for it. I understand that Wilson has consistently refused to hire former players on the dubious theory that "if you hire one you have to hire all of them". Um, no Ralph, you don't actually.

Don't forget Alex Van Pelt served on the Bills' staff.

maybe if you hire one that one wont shut about about hiring the rest....

Based on what? He's white and Christian? He was never on the field. James Lofton sounds much more articulate than Reich ever did, and he has played the position at a HOF level.

I think it's more important for the team to focus on bringing in a top tier WR first. great players make average coaches look good, great coaches make poor players look good. I'd like to team to focus on getting some talent in here first, look at Indy, they literally had the team's bus driver as a head coach the last few years...

He was a good player and a solid person but I would probably prefer a guy that was a WR full time. That being said if he knows how to coach the position he knows how to coach the position. Perhaps his QB knowledge would end up being an added benefit.

No luck on finding the article as the bills page archives ends in 2007. I believe the article was dated around the time that haslett was being considered for the hc job. I'll shoot an email to chris brown and see if he remembers the article and can link it for me