Wow -- player revolt against Sanchez

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling it now. Jets will finish last in the AFCE next year and Rex will get canned maybe Tannenbaum too.

Nice call. However, it's far more likely that we (The Bills) will finish last in the AFCE next year, and neither Chan, nor Nix will get fired for it.

I'm not so sure we should be as gleeful as we are at the prospect of an imploding Jets Locker room. The very fact that there's turmoil indicates that there may be something to fight over. It happened in the Steelers Locker romm last season, and the Pat's locker room the year before that. In-fighting can be good, IF it's managed correctly. I think the opposite side of the spectrum would be the Bills locker room. I WISH one of our players would have called out Fitz, and the defense during our 7 game slide. Unfortunately that sort of thing doesn't fly too well in Orchard Park. Being that our franchise is run like a McDonald's the offending player would have probably been let go mid-shift.

Saw a story on the jets on ESPN regarding, an anonymous quote regarding "Sanchize" and the need for competition to light a fire under him. Seems the source thinks Sanchez knew he wouldn't be benched for a 50 yr old backup(Brunell)so he wasn't studying as hard or working as hard as he should have. Complaints about him posing for pics instead of working toward being a better QB and leader. Aslo said he hides in a hole when critisized. At least we were on the way to Division championships and SB appearances when we were labled the "Bickering Bills". I feel like the window is closing on them. The LB's are old and slow, the OL has regressed badly, LT is washed up, the WR position is a mess with Plax(34-35 yrs old) and Santonio is not a leader.They can't run the ball effectively and the Dl hasn't been the same since losing Jenkins. Any thoughts or comments?

Yes one comment: I hate the Jets and hope/think they regress even more next season.

:nana:

The Bickering Bills, at their worst, were never as bad as the Jets are now. And they still went to Super Bowls while "bickering." Honestly, the whole Bickering Bills thing was overblown.

PTR

Quite so, PTR, though one could argue that the Bickering ended during the 1990 season (remember the worst bickering moments happened during the 1989 season—from Kelly calling out House to TT dissing Kelly to the coaches' rumble), which contributed to their SB run.

Nope. The "Bickering Bills" actuall went to the Super Bowl, won their division. The Jets are a very poor mans version of the Bickering Bills led by a goof-ball coach.

Beat me to it. The bickering Bills went to the super bowl every year rather than just talk about it.

Well said. I like the "rather than just talk about it" part. hahaha

Nice call. However, it's far more likely that we (The Bills) will finish last in the AFCE next year, and neither Chan, nor Nix will get fired for it.

I'm not so sure we should be as gleeful as we are at the prospect of an imploding Jets Locker room. The very fact that there's turmoil indicates that there may be something to fight over. It happened in the Steelers Locker romm last season, and the Pat's locker room the year before that. In-fighting can be good, IF it's managed correctly. I think the opposite side of the spectrum would be the Bills locker room. I WISH one of our players would have called out Fitz, and the defense during our 7 game slide. Unfortunately that sort of thing doesn't fly too well in Orchard Park. Being that our franchise is run like a McDonald's the offending player would have probably been let go mid-shift.

I completely agree that in-fighting is a precursor to success. And, I was actually calling for some during our 7 game skid. But IMO, Fitz was NOT the problem over that period of time, nor do I think anyone in the locker room believed so, and if even if a few bad apples did, they'd be ostracizing themselves if they stood up against him, given his popularity.

Our defense was spotting opponents 21 points and it painted every tactical measure our offense hoped to employ into a hopeless corner. Fitz had to press, and quite frankly didn't have the supporting cast to do so. By some reports he was playing hurt. Say what you will about or OLine, but it's not built to let plays develop down field. Our UDFA/7th round wonders that comprise our receiving corps was a grand masquerade for the first seven weeks, but eventually that cow was coming home to roost (that's the saying, right?).

Jets suck right now but our Bills are definitely worse than them... Not to be the negative one in the post but we have work to do this upcoming year and negativity put aside, I'm once again excited to see what we do in free agency and in the draft especially after watching Buddy's 44 minute interview... The Dave Wanstache as DC move will be exciting to see also... This is the so called put up or shut up year... This year has to be playoffs or at least at minimum a strong push for the playoffs or bust year...