Wow -- player revolt against Sanchez

From the second The Jets drafted him, I've said that Sanchez would be a colossal failure.

I'm hardly the only one who had this intuition. So for everybody else out there who--from the word "go"--saw right through this charade , drinks are on me.

Now, about that Andrew Luck character... :devil:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, Peyton, hang it up already. You had your time in the sun, you got your ring. Head off into the sunset already... We don't Brett Favre Part 2. I already seen that movie the first time. It didn't end well...

The man has hosted SNL, he's the on-camera sponsor for a half dozen consumer products and his relationship with football has been described as unhealthily obsessive.

In other words, his decline has begun, but don't expect Peyton's final death rattle for at least another half decade...

From the second The Jets drafted him, I've said that Sanchez would be a colossal failure.

I'm hardly the only one who had this intuition. So for everybody else out there who--from the word "go"--saw right through this charade , drinks are on me.

Now, about that Andrew Luck character... :devil:

Thank God the NFL moved the Colts out of our division.. phew :)

i hate the jets too, but there is something about players anonymously skewering their teammates in the media that makes me sick to my stomach.

whatever sanchez' issues are, i bet he's got 10x the character of the guy who made those comments.

If Sanchez has 10x the character of the guys making the comments then he would not be the obvious weak link of that team and would inspire loyalty. A fact of life is that some people prove that they deserve neither loyalty nor respect. I have no opinion either way of exactly why they would make the comments to the media instead of keeping it in house, but it is obvious that Sanchez has lost the respect of at least some of his teammates. From his play on the field and lack of progress I know that most Jet fans feel the same way.

Edited by RealityCheck

The man has hosted SNL, he's the on-camera sponsor for a half dozen consumer products and his relationship with football has been described as unhealthily obsessive.

In other words, his decline has begun, but don't expect Peyton's final death rattle for at least another half decade...

Exactly.

The man who bets against Peyton Manning is a stupid, stupid man. Manning and Brady in the same division is borderline unfair.

If Sanchez has 10x the character of the guys making the comments then he would not be the obvious weak link of that team and would inspire loyalty. A fact of life is that some people prove that they deserve neither loyalty nor respect. I have no opinion either way of exactly why they would make the comments to the media instead of keeping it in house, but it is obvious that Sanchez has lost the respect of at least some of his teammates. From his play on the field and lack of progress I know that most Jet fans feel the same way.

I bet they're coming from defensive players. They believe theyre the best so it must be the offense fault, especially the young QB. Reality is jets defense let them down big time in the last 3 games they all lost

Favre didn't work for them and neither did Sanchez. I'd laugh if they get manning because every great qb they try to get always ends up fading away for them

I honestly don't believe Manning would play for Rex Ryan. Peyton is a high character guy and serving as the saving grace for a loud mouth slob doesn't strike me as something he would be willing to do.

Besides, the Jets will not be contenders next year and one would have to think that Manning would prefer a team with a playoff caliber defense and an o-line that is at least average. Not to mention, the Jets only real receiving threat is Santonio Holmes (who will be back now that Shatty is gone)

Edited by It's in My Blood

...But in fairness to him, the failures of this team are not his fault...

...He is not an elite QB, but if he was coached properly he could certainly be a winning one with the amount of talent on that team.

Say what???

Sanchez is HORRIBLE.

He has career QB rating of 73.2. He was showing some improvement this year before regressing at the end with 5TD/7INT (plus two lost fumbles) and dropping the last three games.

The only reason people talk about him as anything other than a total NFL bust is precisely because he has a talented team around him that carried his lousy tail to two AFC Championships.

This year they weren't quite as good, and his sorry butt was just too much burden for them to carry. No surprise.

Edited by BobChalmers

Okay, did anybody NOT see this coming?

Everyone moans when Nix sticks to the "build through the draft line."

Welp, here's what happens when you do the opposite--drop a ton of coin on expensive FA's. You get a two year surge and then a you take a nasty, public plunge.

For the last couple offseasons all we've heard from sports "reporters" is how the Jets' FA acquisitions will make them Kings of the Mount, World Champions until proven otherwise. I seem to recall a similar narrative coming from Philly just six months ago...

Say what???

Sanchez is HORRIBLE.

He has career QB rating of 73.2. He was showing some improvement this year before regressing at the end with 5TD/7INT (plus two lost fumbles) and dropping the last three games.

The only reason people talk about him as anything other than a total NFL bust is precisely because he has a talented team around him that carried his lousy tail to two AFC Championships.

This year they weren't quite as good, and his sorry butt was just too much burden for them to carry. No surprise.

In fairness - I suppose I could say he is young and improving - maybe if he didn't come off as such a stupid/immmature tool on that HBO Hard Knocks special I'd be more charitable.

I blame the media! :unsure:

In fairness - I suppose I could say he is young and improving - maybe if he didn't come off as such a stupid/immmature tool on that HBO Hard Knocks special I'd be more charitable.

Translation:

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck--there's still an outstanding chance it's a tiger.

The biggest problem is the Jets think they are better than they really are. They are a slightly than better average team that has gone 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 the past 3 seasons. However, they believe they are some elite franchise. Ryan has a big mouth but IMO, he has got the most out of a group that isn't as talented as they think they are.

That said, Sanchez has benefited from some of the best surrounding talent of any QB in the NFL. They probably had the top oline before last year. They have had good receivers and a good running game. Fact is Sanchez is JP Losman on a better team. His decision making is terrible and he has horrible accuracy. As much as people want to hate on Fitz, there is not a doubt in my mind if he was on the Jets, they would have made the playoffs easily.

It's 100% on the media because he is the qb of the Jets. Has there ever been a less impressive athlete who has gotten endorsements than Sanchez? He is like a career 55% passer. Even in the Pepsi Max ads, he forces the receiver to dive for one of his passes.

Those quotes sound more like a fan from a message board than a team official. Yeah, who wouldn't want a healthy 36-year old Peyton Manning who just had a couple of neck surgeries? The question is how healthy is he really? Enough to play in the NFL? But I guess having the Manning Bros. In NYC makes a great story.

PTR

If Manning were healthy, the Jets would be a legit Super Bowl contender. At present they have a pretty strong roster that's been doomed to fall short because their quarterback sucks.

And the quotes come from players and people within the Jets organization.

I don't know about this story. The quote begins "that's a no brainer, who wouldn't want a healthy Peyton Manning?" Which leads me to believe this story is a classic out of proportion out of context story. This story boils down to Jets player thinks Peyton is better than Sanchez which is not earth shattering.

No. Mehta is the New York Daily News' Jets beat writer. He's very well-respected and has sources up the wazoo. If you read the story you would have seen these quotes:

“We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” one player told Mehta. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

“They don’t want to be truthful with him,” a “prominent player” told Mehta. “They treat him like a baby instead of a man. He goes in a hole when someone tells him the truth. . . . So that should tell you everything. He just doesn’t have the mental toughness to be great . . . especially in New York.”“How can we (win a Super Bowl) when he’s not improving at all?” one of the players told Mehta. “He thinks he is, but he’s not. He has shown us what he’s capable of.”

“They see the organization babying him,” another source told Mehta. “They see him with a sense of entitlement. He’s been given all this and hasn’t done anything. They call him ‘San-chise.’ They make him the face of the organization. They gave him the captain tag. He’s not a captain. He should have never been a captain.”

For those questioning the use of unnamed sources, what the hell is the reporter supposed to use? None of the players are gonna speak without a promise of anonymity. The Daily News is a legit paper with a very good sports section (the best in NYC, actually), and I trust the article. Most importantly, it makes obvious sense (meaning I can easily see numerous Jets players reacting in this way).

Yes, thank you.

Okay, did anybody NOT see this coming?

Everyone moans when Nix sticks to the "build through the draft line."

Welp, here's what happens when you do the opposite--drop a ton of coin on expensive FA's. You get a two year surge and then a you take a nasty, public plunge.

For the last couple offseasons all we've heard from sports "reporters" is how the Jets' FA acquisitions will make them Kings of the Mount, World Champions until proven otherwise. I seem to recall a similar narrative coming from Philly just six months ago...

Actually as you suggest, many people here predicted the implosion of the Jets.

While I think Tannenbaum has done a good job and that the Jets are run better than say, the Washington Redskins, their construction still runs counter to many of the tenants of good team building.

Personally I'm surprised that Rex has failed in certain areas. Just in the last 2 days, their Offensive Coordinator, O-line Coach, and Receivers Coach have left.

The team is stuck with two captains, Sanchez and Santonio Holmes whom are neither liked or respected by their teammates. Bart Scott is another public malcontent.

The Jets are reeling at the moment.

I take great joy in reading reports like this and McElroy's.

It was only a matter of time until that idiotic frat house of a team turned on itself. Like the bro who comes home drunk after being denied by all the ladies, and ends up fighting his buddies.

A wise man once said: "What a bunch of Dildos"

The Jets are reeling at the moment.

While we Bills fans may gloat at the Jets' situation, they have the full offseason to fix things. Their reeling has no effect on this season or the next. The mettle of that franchise's administration will be tested, yes, but they have several good players already. Some good management, tough decisions and coaching can make sure that these current troubles do not affect next season.

I do love to see the Jets squirm and struggle. I am also not a huge Sanchez fan. But in fairness to him, the failures of this team are not his fault.

Sanchez has some good qualities, like great pocket presence and the ability to avoid pressure, and the ability to play well late in games in clutch situations. Obviously his decision making is a huge weakness. He is not an elite QB, but if he was coached properly he could certainly be a winning one with the amount of talent on that team.

This all comes down to coaching. Rex Ryan is a head case, and obviously can't control the locker room. I don't see how that can be good for a young QB in any case. More importantly Schottenheimer was simply an awful OC, and the play calling was ridiculously bad. As a Bills fan I am sad to see him leave our rival.

1) It's not? Who's fault is it then?

2) He was coached properly. He was brought in slowly into Schotty's system and Sanchez couldn't grasp it after 3 yrs. There's only so much a coach can do. Clearly, Sanchez never did the extra steps to become a better player. He's more concerned with looking pretty and being in commercials. He's not a student of the game like Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. Schotty did as much as he could to protect him. This is all on Sanchez.

Ryan created this mess. Most of us knew this would happen, other than those around here who held up Ryan as an example of a good coach.

Do people still prefer him or his brother over Gailey? Do people really think that his obnoxious, foot-sniffing style would work in Buffalo? His brother is the same way, do you really want that crap here?