Wannstedt flew to Detroit to meet with Ralph

Maybe the more interesting and accurate conclusion relates to Wilson's health.

He used to come to Buffalo for this sort of thing.

Rounding up the top Lieutenants for a Detroit field trip, along with his game missing habit this season indicates a trend.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who found it interesting that Upshaw was not mentioned in this article?

You are not alone!

Is Upshaw a junior? (I don't think so) And those mentioned were seniors?

They get down to 3rd rounders and still no Upshaw mention? Pretty peculiar, but maybe Alabama's high visibility makes him seem more valuable?

Rounding up the top Lieutenants for a Detroit field trip, along with his game missing habit this season indicates a trend.

No, they usually go to Florida at the end of the season but you're right. Ralph may not be able to even get to Florida for the winter.

You are not alone!

Is Upshaw a junior? (I don't think so) And those mentioned were seniors?

They get down to 3rd rounders and still no Upshaw mention? Pretty peculiar, but maybe Alabama's high visibility makes him seem more valuable?

Maybe he's just not enamored with him. I don't know. It just seems weird that such a highly acclaimed player from a high-profile team doesn't even get a mention.

Lavonte David would be a great pick in the third and we would do well to pick him there.

I'd love to see Lavonte David in RD3! :thumbsup:

Mercilus is a redshirt junior DE, but a new coach is coming in. I bet he leaves. If he comes out, he'll make his move up into mid-RD1 or higher, especially with the dearth of possible OLB34's.

3-4 vs. 4-3? This conversation in Chicago could be huge for Buffalo and its draft.

Edited by Astrobot

Could it be that Wilson is the one that pushed the 3-4 and they all have to convince him that the 4-3 is better for this team? And Ralph wants to hear from this new DC what he is going to do to make the 4-3 work.

Man at 92 I would be surprised if Ralph is deciding what defensive fronts, schemes, or anything we will/have run. Of all of the meddling owner claims over the decades, I don't remember Ralph doing this.

Now jerry Jones i could see pushing this, but Ralph? Isn't that why he hires professionals? Plus wouldn't Kelsay have to approve any changes (just kidding)?

i swear the fanbase here will find anything to try and make things look negative. The new defensive co-ordinator flew with the headcoach, gm and team vice president to visit the owner at his home to discuss the direction of the team? No other team does something like this.

People seem to forget that while Overdorf may be more of a financial/accounting guy, he is still the teams vice president, and making deals in this league involve money, and financial decisions........

..... and you know this how ?

DraftTek has him listed on the Big Board at #14 as a OLB34, and at #114 as a Strong Inside Linebacker (SILB).

Which raises a question in my mind-do we make a little bit of reach and draft him? I don't think we will, since I believe we're going back to a 4-3.

HAHAHAHAHA...

Well you may be definitely right in fact I believe you are but, it still says something when Wanstache going to meet with Mr. Wilson becomes an "article" by reporters... I'm just looking forward to seeing what he's gonna bring to the defense...

I hear you, but if they don't find some pass rush he ain't going to bring a thing different than Edwards.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-9178.html

After Bills coach Chan Gailey named assistant head coach Dave Wannstedt his new defensive coordinator, the team flew Wannstedt to Detroit to meet with team owner Ralph Wilson late last week for a session to get better acquainted. Accompanying Wannstedt on the trip were Gailey, general manager Buddy Nix and vice president Jim Overdorf.

I don't have any real spin on this other than to highlight the attendance of the Bean Counter. I found it interesting enough to pass along.

So the owner, VP, GM, head coach and asst head coach had a meeting at the close of the season? Sounds pretty standard. In fact it would be odd if that didn't happen.

No he didn't. The year-end debrief was always at the Michigan offices, even before the Polian/Butler era...