Does anyone own season tickets that live outside WNY?

tito1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, and have two season tix. I usually go to two or three games, my dad/mom go to one, my sister goes to one, and I sell the remainder on Ticket Exchange.

Just renewed today, and was even able to upgrade my location!

Just bumping this thread for the NC guys in particular. My wife and I live in Durham, NC and are considering season tickets to get back up to WNY for probably 2-3 games, and then sell the rest. Our aim wouldn't be to make a profit, but it would be nice to defray SOME of our travel costs in the long run.

So when you NC guys go up, do you drive or fly? No direct flights from RDU to BUF or ROC is kind of a pain, especially since we'd be traveling with our little boy. Any other thoughts on your experience as season ticket holders in NC?

Sorry, just saw this post. I fly -- usually go though Charlotte or NYC. JetBlue is a good option. Haven't had a lot of trouble selling tix on Ticket Exchange except for the last couple of games last season.

By the way, send me a private message or something. Would be fun to get together to watch a game or two this year since we're in the same neighborhood.

I live in Pittsburgh where it is about a 3 hour drive to the stadium. The unused tix are pretty easy to sell on StubHub. Just make sure to mark them up a bit to cover the commission. If you do that, you'll have no problem selling the excess tix and covering your costs. BUT, make sure you either will attend the Nov-Dec games, or sell them early. If you wait it out like I did you won't be able to give away the tix if the Bills are out of the playoffs already.

Another option is to not get season tix if you live outside WNY, and spend all the money you would use on "decent" season seats and instead buy 50 yard line seats for the opener or another good game. I did that last year. Kind of regretted it later, but those seats were amazing. With a kid on the way, I'll prob end up doing this next year as well.

Or, the best option, if you can afford it, buy the seasons on the 50 yard line!!! (1) awesome seats; (2) easier to resell.

Edited by RyanC883

I was interested in becoming a season ticket holder, but live about 5 hours outside Buffalo. As a result, I can make about 3 home games a year. Does anyone own season tix and is it pretty easy to sell tix you can't attend?

My brother who lives in Virginia had season tickets for a number of years. He donated his preseason tickets to charitable organizations and usually found someone for his tickets.

We are planning on getting tickets together this year (I am in New Jersey) and we already know we won't get to all of the games but it's still worth supporting our team! Plus when they make the playoffs we will be there like we were back in the 90's!

We are planning on getting tickets together this year (I am in New Jersey) and we already know we won't get to all of the games but it's still worth supporting our team! Plus when they make the playoffs we will be there like we were back in the 90's!

You know, that's another great point. When we finally do get back (knock wood), right of first refusal for playoff tickets will be super sweet.

I know this information is probably easy to find, but can someone save me the searching and let me know when individual game tickets go on sale?

It's always mid-July. No firm date yet.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i had 4 season tickets last year in SEC 110 ($90) and added 4 more this year in rockpile SEC 202 ($25).

i used the NFL Ticket Exchange last year for first time. very good experience. i sold 2 philly tix for $250 each, 2 Jets tix for $225 each and 2 tenn tix for $100 each. you will not have any problems selling games in Sep & Oct......gets harder later in year.

So with all of these unused tickets from people who are out of state I wouldn't mind helping you all skip the ticket exchange. I'm still on the fence about seasons for this year and have to admit the Stevie re-signing is really pushing me towards it. That being said I'm getting married in August and the funds might not be there so if people want to sell some games I would be more than happy to buy some of these seats (unless I can swing the seasons). It's obviously early and people don't know what games are when but keep me in my mind please.

Congrats on the wedding. We had to save up and pay mostly for our own too, so I feel ya. Will definitely keep you in mind for the seasons.

Thanks I appreciate it and yeah it seems that when vendors find out its for a wedding the price doubles lol. Congrats on your seasons as well great times have been had by me and my friends up at the Ralph!

So with all of these unused tickets from people who are out of state I wouldn't mind helping you all skip the ticket exchange. I'm still on the fence about seasons for this year and have to admit the Stevie re-signing is really pushing me towards it. That being said I'm getting married in August and the funds might not be there so if people want to sell some games I would be more than happy to buy some of these seats (unless I can swing the seasons). It's obviously early and people don't know what games are when but keep me in my mind please.

You can also check out the Trading Post, some of the posters here will put their unused tickets on it for sale.

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, and have two season tix. I usually go to two or three games, my dad/mom go to one, my sister goes to one, and I sell the remainder on Ticket Exchange.

Just renewed today, and was even able to upgrade my location!

Sorry, just saw this post. I fly -- usually go though Charlotte or NYC. JetBlue is a good option. Haven't had a lot of trouble selling tix on Ticket Exchange except for the last couple of games last season.

By the way, send me a private message or something. Would be fun to get together to watch a game or two this year since we're in the same neighborhood.

How'd you pull that off already? I was told I have to wait until April or so to upgrade.