And with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft,

rocwocka

Quentin Coples, defensive end, North Carloina. Just makes sense. He's big enough to play DE in a 4-3 and (most likely) athletic enough to be an OLB in a 3-4, thus keeping our hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense intact. I'm also hoping that we have Courtney Upshaw waitng in round 2. He's got great size and speed for a 3-4 OLB. I know there will be a call for RG3, but our D needs more help than our O, right?

<edited>changed to correct pick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quentin Coples, defensive end, North Carloina. Just makes sense. He's big enough to play DE in a 4-3 and (most likely) athletic enough to be an OLB in a 3-4, thus keeping our hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense intact. I'm also hoping that we have Courtney Upshaw waitng in round 2. He's got great size and speed for a 3-4 OLB. I know there will be a call for RG3, but our D needs more help than our O, right?

Why on God's green earth would we want to keep this hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense intact?

The last thing the Bills need is to select someone that they cannot plug right in as a starter from day one and play at a high level.

there is no WR @ #8 that will do that

there is no LT @ # 8 that will do that

there is no DE @ #8 that will do that

there is only one player the Bills can plug and play @ #8, and that is Courtney Upshaw. He may not have the upside of some of the others. But he will start at the ROLB position and have an immediate impact.

Move down a few spot and take Tannehill in the first.

Mercilus in the second.

Lavonte David in the second with an extra pick from moving down.

Jeff Fuller in the third to pair him back up with Tannehill.

CB Josh Robinson in the fourth.

Another tight end in the fourth.

The last thing the Bills need is to select someone that they cannot plug right in as a starter from day one and play at a high level.

there is no WR @ #8 that will do that

there is no LT @ # 8 that will do that

there is no DE @ #8 that will do that

there is only one player the Bills can plug and play @ #8, and that is Courtney Upshaw. He may not have the upside of some of the others. But he will start at the ROLB position and have an immediate impact.

:thumbsup:

Mercilus in the second.

Mercilus is the top pass rushing prospect in this draft, he is more likely to go top 10 than he is to last until the second round, IMO.

Not a great looking draft for pass rushers.

Mercilus in the second.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ... wait are you trolling me :D

Mercilus will be gone in the second, maybe Melvin Ingram DE/OLB 6'2" 271 S Carolina; can't wait to watch their bowl game against Nebraska at 1 tomorrow.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

yea I dont like Coples. He isnt a OLB to me at all. Im hoping RG3 falls to us, or we can get an OLB in the first two rounds. Between Mercelous, Upshaw, Ingram, Perry, maybe we can us our first two picks to trade back in the 1, then up from our first, and land two of those guys.

Edited by Thoner7

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ... wait are you trolling me :D

Mercilus will be gone in the second, maybe Melvin Ingram DE/OLB 6'2" 271 S Carolina; can't wait to watch their bowl game against Nebraska at 1 tomorrow.

Mich St plays tomorrow afternoon as well. I know you like Tannehill but I think Cousins has real potential

1325456181[/url]' post='2350596']

He's not as good as advertised. Pass.

1325462309[/url]' post='2350838']

yea I dont like Coples. He isnt a OLB to me at all. Im hoping RG3 falls to us, or we can get an OLB in the first two rounds. Between Mercelous, Upshaw, Ingram, Perry, maybe we can us our first two picks to trade back in the 1, then up from our first, and land two of those guys.

I thought you were done with the bills? Wasn't it TEBOW TIME? He's awesome btw

I'm hearing the same knock on Coples as Orakpo got a few years back when he was ours for the picking and we took Maybin. Really hoping we don' t go offense till the 4th or later. We need Defensive monsters to upgrade this miss mash unit.