The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a dumb move. Name the last crappy team that mortgaged their future for 1 player with a positive result.

Follow the lead of the 49ers, Steelers, Giants and Patriots. Rarely, if ever, do you trade up. If anything, amass more picks because the draft is a crapshoot.

What do the Bills do when/if starters on defense go down and we have undrafted rookies and street free agents for depth? We're right back in the same boat as last season.

RG3 would be nice but our draft picks are way to valuable at this point with this regime. If we were in year one of a rebuild, then yes, by all means do whats needed to get your qb because by the time he's ready to carry the team, he won't have to because we've had a few offseasons to build around him. Thats how you do it.

Chan and Nix have identified their qb and are building around him.

So if we trade 4 picks for one guy we'd be looking at a deficit of 3 bodies- atleast one that's likely to bust anyway. Really crippling move.

It would be a dumb move. Name the last crappy team that mortgaged their future for 1 player with a positive result.

Follow the lead of the 49ers, Steelers, Giants and Patriots. Rarely, if ever, do you trade up. If anything, amass more picks because the draft is a crapshoot.

3 of those teams have first round qbs. One of which was a trade up to #1 with the other being #1 without a trade.

Amen............ But like you said you do have to have a set to make a trade like that. The difference between Bill Polian and the current regime is whats between the ears and lower extremities. Will see. Hey they may still surprise us all and pony up. No guts no glory.

i cant wait for the draft to be over. then i wont be bored and read 5 same posts about rgb or rpg. Bills wont trade for him, nix said it. They want way to much and the only team that i could actually understand drafting him is the browns because they have a lot of picks they can use. We need depth and trading two 1st round picks and more is completely dumb.

Amen............ But like you said you do have to have a set to make a trade like that. The difference between Bill Polian and the current regime is whats between the ears and lower extremities. Will see. Hey they may still surprise us all and pony up. No guts no glory.

What exactly IS between the ears and the lower extremities? I've got a beer belly between my ears and my nuts...all gut, no glory.

What exactly IS between the ears and the lower extremities? I've got a beer belly between my ears and my nuts...all gut, no glory.

LOL..Now thats funny I don't who you are.

Edited by T.O.

Hmm.. the last crappy team to do this. Who just won the superbowl?

2003: NY Giants finished 4-12.

They traded 4 picks to move up and get Eli Manning. The guy who has won 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years.

Trade down... never up... stay thirsty

They traded 4 picks to move up and get Eli Manning. The guy who has won 2 Superbowls in the last 4 years.

With the best front 4 in the NFL and a DE that they would not part with as part of the trade...

Trade down... never up... stay thirsty

With the best front 4 in the NFL and a DE that they would not part with as part of the trade...

They didnt have the best front 4 in the NFL in 2003... they only had Strahan. They drafted Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka either with or after Manning.

All of Dick Drawn's suggestions sound good to me, but it won't happen because the Bills would be getting a steal. DTs are replaceable; franchise QBs aren't. For the life of me, I don't know why the Rams don't take RGIII themselves. I am not a believer in Bradford, who looks stiff and ordinary -- a poor man's Aikman. At any rate, I fear we'll be stuck with a fairly middling pick for the #10 overall player. Par for the course.

Giants had a crappy year, but they were far from a crappy team. 2 out of the previous 3 years, they had 10 wins. Try again.

Giants had a crappy year, but they were far from a crappy team. 2 out of the previous 3 years, they had 10 wins. Try again.

Are the Buccaneers a crappy team? They had 10 wins last year and 4 wins this year. They just fired their coach and are in need of some new direction. I would say they are a crappy team.

The 2002 Giants had a 10 win year. The next year they had 4 wins, fired their coach and were in need of some new direction. They were a crappy team.

If they were a good team, then why did they win only 6 games in 2004?

Well, even though he led the league in picks last year, Fitz also ranked 10th in td passes thrown and was 6th in the league for passes attempted.

If I'm a free agent WR I'd like to go to a place where I'm not blocking all the time and I have an offensive play caller and a QB that likes to sling it. I'd also like to have a stud WR like Stevie Johnson on my team that would draw doubles and keep the free safety guessing all game.

I see a lot of reasons why a FA wideout would like Buffalo.

Are the Buccaneers a crappy team? They had 10 wins last year and 4 wins this year. They just fired their coach and are in need of some new direction. I would say they are a crappy team.

The 2002 Giants had a 10 win year. The next year they had 4 wins, fired their coach and were in need of some new direction. They were a crappy team.

If they were a good team, then why did they win only 6 games in 2004?

I give up. The Giants are crappy. You are right and know more about football.