New Years dinner

mead107

Do you do a dinner on the eve or on New Years day?

Do you go out?

Do you do Ham or some other good eat?.

Not sure what we are doing.

No going out

Steaks for New Years Eve.

Ham..black eyes and cabbage for the

main meal at the half of the Rose Bowl.

I always have ham or some kind of pork on New Years Day. And on both New Years Eve and New Years Day, I avoid any kind of chicken product.

Goes back to when I was a kid. My Mom always had some wives tale/superstition that when a chicken walks it scratches back and a pig snouts forward. Since it's a new year we want to go forward not back.

Yeah, I also don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday and I'm not even religious. Just kind of tradition.

I always have ham or some kind of pork on New Years Day. And on both New Years Eve and New Years Day, I avoid any kind of chicken product.

Goes back to when I was a kid. My Mom always had some wives tale/superstition that when a chicken walks it scratches back and a pig snouts forward. Since it's a new year we want to go forward not back.

Yeah, I also don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday and I'm not even religious. Just kind of tradition.

Thanks for brining up New Years Day. We're thinking of heading to Chinatown for dim sum. :thumbsup:

Do you do a dinner on the eve or on New Years day?

Do you go out?

Do you do Ham or some other good eat?.

Not sure what we are doing.

Beef Jerky and Twinkies.

Ok not really. Tonight we are having pizza. Tomorrow I will make sauce and pasta. Yawn . . .

Yes to the ham.

Bought a Honey Baked Ham yesterday.

It's spiral cut and easy to take off the bone.

We're hosting a New Year's Brunch with non-NFL fans which means I'll have to record the game and watch later.

Kinda holidayed out and would prefer a quiet football day at home without guests but it'll end up being fun.

The ham was about $6.50/pound and is quite tender, moist, and delicious. It was a 9-pound ham and cost about $60.

I'm told that there's no water added except for what's in the baste. The honey semi-crystallizes on the outside and can be a bit sweet if you don't scrape it off a bit but the flavor is really good… not too salty like some Smithfield Hams I've had in the past. Good balance of salts and sugars.

There'll be croissants and baguette, triple cream brie with and without truffles, charcuterie, dubliner cheese, small fresh mozzarella balls from brine, sliced citrus and apple, and fresh berries with whipped cream.

Coffee and mimosas.

Guests are coming by in about an hour but this stuff is easy to prepare and arrange.

Everything but the dessert is sitting out getting up to room temp.

Happy New Year everyone.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan