Blackmon or RG III

missthe kgun

Just Curious of your opinions...But if both guys were somehow to still be on the board when we pick, who would you take if you could make the call?

I would go RG III b/c with the new rookie wage scale its not much of a gamble out anymore. How has Cam worked out for Carolina??? and I believe we have more overall talent than that team easily, but he keeps them in every game.

What would you guys do, there is no wrong answer here, just opinions...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Blackmon without a second thought. The guy is NFL ready and a legit #1 WR IMO. EVERYONE who played Oklahoma St. this season knew who they wanted to get the ball to. He still had 113 catches for over 1,300 yards and 15 TD's. As a Junior he had 111 catches for 1,700 yards and 20 TD's. These stats aren't coming against sub-par competition either, this is against Big XII opponents. He's won the Biletnikoff Award two years in a row. RGIII would be nice, but I WANT BLACKMON IN A BILLS' UNI!!! :worthy:

If anyone saw the game last night their vote should be RG3. His td run in the first half was nothing short of amazing. Blackmon is a talent but I think far more wr have success from the later rounds than qbs...

I know cue the Tom Brady (6th) Joe Montana (3rd) and Drew Brees (2nd) talk but how about this list - Steve Largent (4th) Chris Carter (3rd) Andre Reed (4th) Brandon Marshall (4th) Wes Welker (undrafted).

Point being RG3 I think is a franchise changer and Blackmon will be great but a wr does not do that for you.

I would be shocked if either were still on the board. IMO you can't lose with either guy. These are my top 2 best available picks if either fall.

RG3 might be better than Vick. One step behind as a runner but two steps ahead as a passer.

Blackmon is going to be similar to Megatron, just a step slower. A top 15 receiver nonetheless.

1325254148[/url]' post='2348644']

BOth of these players will be gone in the first 5 picks

^^^^

IF they were available, I'd take rg3. I think Blackmon is the best non qb in the draft.

1325254568[/url]' post='2348651']

RG III is either going to be in Washington or Miami and I would be shocked if he is not a Dolphin. Don't worry though, next year's QB class is even better and I'm sure the Bills will get their franchise QB at that point :doh::unsure:

Unless Cleveland takes him first. Colt McCoy isn't doing that team any good.

That was a crazy game last night. I'm glad I wasn't a Baylor or Washington fan. Probably would have been stressed out and exhausted watching the Spontaneous Offense Bowl.

I think RGIII is a helluva talent. I think he's better than Luck and wouldn't be too surprised to see him leapfrog Luck as the #1 pick. However, I'd pick Justin Blackmon between the two. What a weapon. Consistently awesome route runner and that matters a lot. Intelligent. Disciplined. Outstanding work ethic. Play him out of the slot and watch out.

If anyone saw the game last night their vote should be RG3. His td run in the first half was nothing short of amazing. Blackmon is a talent but I think far more wr have success from the later rounds than qbs...

I know cue the Tom Brady (6th) Joe Montana (3rd) and Drew Brees (2nd) talk but how about this list - Steve Largent (4th) Chris Carter (3rd) Andre Reed (4th) Brandon Marshall (4th) Wes Welker (undrafted).

Point being RG3 I think is a franchise changer and Blackmon will be great but a wr does not do that for you.

I saw the game and he wasn't the best QB on the field. He was outplayed by the soph from Wash. He throws the football like a baseball--strange motion. Never goes under center.

I would be shocked if either were still on the board. IMO you can't lose with either guy. These are my top 2 best available picks if either fall.

RG3 might be better than Vick. One step behind as a runner but two steps ahead as a passer.

Blackmon is going to be similar to Megatron, just a step slower. A top 15 receiver nonetheless.

He may be more accurate than Vick but his armstrength doesn't seem nearly that of Vcik, who probably has the most powerful arm in the NFL.

I saw the game and he wasn't the best QB on the field. He was outplayed by the soph from Wash. He throws the football like a baseball--strange motion. Never goes under center.

He may be more accurate than Vick but his armstrength doesn't seem nearly that of Vcik, who probably has the most powerful arm in the NFL.

The kid from washington did look amazing last night. What a crazy game with the way Baylor was running the ball and the way Washington was passing the ball. I believe I saw a stat that said there were 5 50 yard+ plays last night. With our offense though he wouldn't be asked to go under center to much anyway.

About Vicks arm strength i think that is one thing that has always held him back. It is so easy for him to throw those darts that he doesn't seem to have that soft ball on short passes.

I'd take either of these guys, but if they were both available then RG3. You never know how a guy is going to pan out, but RG3 looks as good as any QB prospect I've seen in a while.

In reality though, it's far more likely that they will both be long gone. If that's the case we should take the best LB/WR/LT available IMO

I respect your opinion but you can have this flimsy assessment back if you'd like.