Blackmon or RG III

missthe kgun

Man, you really, REALLY, like Ryan Tannehill. I'll take your word he's good - I don't catch a lot of Aggie games. :thumbsup:

Anyways I like RG3 but I don't see him becoming another Cam Newton. Buffalo's public statements suggest they're committed to Fitzpatrick anyways. I vote Blackmon.

Yeah guess I'm committed now B-) .

He is a raw talent (1.5 yr QB, rest at WR) and yet played exceptionally well and if his defense didn't give up big leads this Season then maybe they would have lost only 1 game and would have been in a BCS bowl game and then we'd be talking about Tannehill as top 10 pick. I actually hope he doesn't have a great game, just a good one so he doesn't move up the boards.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd have to go hard and trade up to get blackmon.....give up this 2nd and and next years 2nd or 3rd

Nix doesn't believe in trading up. Forget that. We need to wrap our minds around Upshaw, Coples, Kirkpatrick

or if they did go WR maybe Alshon Jeffrey or Michael Floyd.

To answer the question, if both RGIII and Blackmon are available, I take RGIII all day and twice on sunday.

You want RG3 you would need to swing a trade with the Rams at the #1 or #2 slot because the Colts will take a QB. IMO, he falls no further than #2.

What would it take to get that deal done?

A lot because those top picks are worth more than ever now that the top picks don't have to be paid like franchise players.

Probably the Bills #1 picks this year and next year PLUS their #2 pick this year and Marcel Dareus and Aaron Williams (the Bills best young defenders under long term team control).

And that might not even get it done.

The Rams might decide they'd rather have RG3 than Bradford.

Edited by Dick Drawn

Neither. This team can't afford to spend a first rounder on a QB .

On what basis do you make this proclamation? They've been losing for 12 years now.........is the NFL going to stop sharing the TV revenue with them if they don't win next year?

Any fan who is too impatient to draft a legitimate potential franchicse QB has no right to complain about the futility of the franchise.

The short-sighted use of the draft.......to fill perceived needs (like WR this year) has been the Bills biggest mistake on draft day for most of the past 51 years.

I've said it many times, the Bills could have been picking a QB first every year for the past 12 and they wouldn't be any worse off than they are now.

First round QB's might be high risk, but they are also high reward. Every other position is considerably lower in the reward department.

Edited by Dick Drawn

Don't understand this thinking. You would pass on a potential franchise/starting QB because the fans might want him to start over Fitz--and therefore it would be a good thing the Bills won't have to make that choice?

You read way too much into that comment. It was simply a comment of what the board would likely look like if we ended up with RG3 and Fitz was still starting. I made no suggestion that we should or shouldn't draft RG3, you just assumed something that I have made no comment on so far.

Blackmon.

Immediate threat, makes Stevie and Nelson better. RG3 is very good but he'd need 2 years. All that said, we don't have a Top 5 pick this year, so this is moot. After tomorrow's win, we'll draft#14.

Watch Whitney Mercilus today for Illinois 3:30 on ESPN and compare him to Upshaw. :thumbsup:

Blackmon.

Immediate threat, makes Stevie and Nelson better. RG3 is very good but he'd need 2 years. All that said, we don't have a Top 5 pick this year, so this is moot. After tomorrow's win, we'll draft#14.

Watch Whitney Mercilus today for Illinois 3:30 on ESPN and compare him to Upshaw. :thumbsup:

[/quote

With a name like MERCILUS I don't need to compare......get him! :thumbsup:

Blackmon.

Astro,

I'm interested as to why Alshon Jeffery has dropped so far on the Drafttek Big Board? Is that a misprint or something? 49th? I mean...The Kid is still a monster...SC just does not have a QB...I don't see how Jeffery drops below 15th overall...And if he does somebody is going to get an absolute steal...He's my favorite player for The Bills right now...Assuming he runs in the 4.5 Range...I would take him ahead of Blackmon....And yes I really mean that...I think AJ is the PERFECT complement to Stevie...

I know The Bills need Defense...But a Kid like Jeffery is a once in 5 years talent IMHO...I REALLY hope he's a Buffalo Bill come April... B-)