FluffHead

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie's asking price:

http://wgr550.com/So...ls---7/11853952

Sounds VERY reasonable to me.

I highly recommend clicking on bills1960's link.

It is a very thorough and in-depth report… actual journalism with sources and corroboration and history and context.

A seldom-seen look into the inner workings of the Bills front office.

This is must-read stuff.

Everyone needs to come the F*** down about this negotiations. Free Agency doesn't start for another 2 1/2 months, the seasons not even over yet and people act around here as if it starts Monday

This is a quote from teh WGR article from his agent

"We were approached to do a deal prior to the season starting," said Laboy. "When it became clear that the two sides were too far apart, we agreed that it would be best to shelve negotiations and allow Stevie to focus on the season. Stevie never wanted his contract status to be a distraction to him or his teammates. At that time, the Bills turned their focus on getting Ryan [Fitzpatrick]’s contract done, which they ultimately did. A week or so after Ryan’s deal was done, the Bills wanted to re-open negotiations, but when it quickly became apparent that we wouldn’t be able to get a deal done, Stevie decided that it was best to wait until the end of the year before talking about his contract again."

Basically, he is saying that Stevie wanted to wait til the offseason to negotiate his contract, even when the Bills approached him to negotiate after getting Fitzs deal done, he still wanted to wait til after this weekend

The guy says he wants to be here, the team has opened discussions multiple times to try and re-sign him, and his side says they want to wait til the offseason to negotiate. Can we atleast say No More Stevie Contract Posts until either -

A. He has a new deal signed,

or

B. its the End of February 2012?????

If true. Why would OBD have ANY problem with that.

Maybe its the years of the contract? Maybe he wants incentives in that deal? maybe he is looking for a huge signing bonus to go along with that yearly salary? maybe he wants RWS to be renamed to SJ Field in the new deal? Maybe he wants to play against Revis all 16 games a season? Maybe he is asking that Ralph Wilson has to buy a new Taurus through him at the dealership so he can get extra commision?

Just because thats what he is asking for in yearly salary, it doesn't mean its the only part they need to negotiate

If this is Stevie's asking price then why isnt this done yet?

See my previous post

Everyone needs to come the F*** down about this negotiations. Free Agency doesn't start for another 2 1/2 months, the seasons not even over yet and people act around here as if it starts Monday

"We were approached to do a deal prior to the season starting," said Laboy. "When it became clear that the two sides were too far apart, we agreed that it would be best to shelve negotiations and allow Stevie to focus on the season. Stevie never wanted his contract status to be a distraction to him or his teammates. At that time, the Bills turned their focus on getting Ryan [Fitzpatrick]’s contract done, which they ultimately did. A week or so after Ryan’s deal was done, the Bills wanted to re-open negotiations, but when it quickly became apparent that we wouldn’t be able to get a deal done, Stevie decided that it was best to wait until the end of the year before talking about his contract again."

Basically, he is saying that Stevie wanted to wait til the offseason to negotiate his contract, even when the Bills approached him to negotiate after getting Fitzs deal done, he still wanted to wait til after this weekend

The guy says he wants to be here, the team has opened discussions multiple times to try and re-sign him, and his side says they want to wait til the offseason to negotiate. Can we atleast say No More Stevie Contract Posts until either -

or

Well clearly you're the expert!

"We were approached to do a deal prior to the season starting," said Laboy. "When it became clear that the two sides were too far apart, we agreed that it would be best to shelve negotiations and allow Stevie to focus on the season. Stevie never wanted his contract status to be a distraction to him or his teammates. At that time, the Bills turned their focus on getting Ryan [Fitzpatrick]'s contract done, which they ultimately did. A week or so after Ryan's deal was done, the Bills wanted to re-open negotiations, but when it quickly became apparent that we wouldn't be able to get a deal done, Stevie decided that it was best to wait until the end of the year before talking about his contract again."

or

Who needs to "come" the F___ down?

:)

I feel pretty good about this. I was under the impression he wanted $9M. This is a no-brainer. I refuse to believe that OBD could mess this up. :w00t:

If it's a no-brainer, one has to wonder why the Bills didn't accept the offer that was proposed by Stevie's agents… or at least counter offer which they also didn't do.

If you believe the story, there's a big gap between Stevie and the Bills.

And it sounds like the Bills think his value is closer to $5-6 million per year.

This article does nothing to lessen my concern about losing Stevie.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

"We were approached to do a deal prior to the season starting," said Laboy. "When it became clear that the two sides were too far apart, we agreed that it would be best to shelve negotiations and allow Stevie to focus on the season. Stevie never wanted his contract status to be a distraction to him or his teammates. At that time, the Bills turned their focus on getting Ryan [Fitzpatrick]s contract done, which they ultimately did. A week or so after Ryans deal was done, the Bills wanted to re-open negotiations, but when it quickly became apparent that we wouldnt be able to get a deal done, Stevie decided that it was best to wait until the end of the year before talking about his contract again."

or

The way I read that piece Johnson's asking price has always been in the neighborhood of $7.5M yet the sides were $2M apart. That type of negotiating should concern you. If not for Johnson then for those who come next. (I know that it is insane money compared to anything real people earn, but this isn't real people we're talking about.) Johnson might forget about the Bills lowball offer. The next guy(s) might tell Overdorf to go pound sand.

All this is assuming that the reports are accurate.

Who needs to "come" the F___ down?

:)

Between that one, and constantly mis typing the word THE as TEH.........

If it's a no-brainer, one has to wonder why the Bills didn't accept the offer that was proposed by Stevie's agents… or at least counter offer which they also didn't do.

If you believe the story, there's a big gap between Stevie and the Bills.

And it sounds like the Bills think his value is closer to $5-6 million per year.

This article does nothing to lessen my concern about losing Stevie.

Its negotiations, you always counter with something much lower then what the other is offering and go from there. I personally think that Stevie is worth more in the $5-6 mil range like the Bills do because I believe he is more of a #2 WR then a #1, and that his numbers are inflated by being the best WR of a no name WR core, and an offence that loves to throw the ball. He doesn't make those spectacular catches you see the top guys making, and has dropped multiple "easy" (for an NFL WR) catches in critical situations in his short 2 year career. 5 years at $25 to 30 mil, with a $10 to 15 mil signing bonus is around what I would offer him