If The Front Office Does Not Sign Stevie

BuffaloBaumer

That will be awesome if Stevie signs with N.E. so I can berate all the Stevie is a #2 wr TBD'ers.......Stevie will go apes#$%# with a real QB............This F.O. will have done enough to piss me off to not give a &^%$ if we let the man walk....I have done my hard time as a bills fan for the last billion years...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THE WAY I see it is you must be the stupid one .!! you must be ..to discuss and call someone stupid over something that has'nt happened and in all likely hood wont! but you go ahead be a moronic idiot if it makes you feel better .. what a a@@!

You obviously have not seen the incompetency of this organization over the past decade have you? :thumbsup:

I see so overpay and overhyped, immature punk just because he is the best wr on a crap team? Yeah that is how you build a winner...

I agree...you can't count on this kid and the last thing I want to route for is a team of punks!! Sign Jackson for being a great RB and more importantly a respected vocal leader and clutch performer. Resign Johnson if his contract requests are reasonable...no way he is a top 5 receiver!! W

hen this team traded Lee Evans they bragged about how much depth they had at WR. I really don't think the people evaluating talent have a clue!

That is why you have no players elected to the pro bowl for another season.

have you not been paying attention? its business as usual over at OBD. we are rebuilding be patient 4 more years 4 more years. but really i hope they resign him and draft a WR if we let stevie walk without even franchising him and draft a wr it wont shock me. its what ralph and the boys do.

It shouldn't have to come down to franchising him. They should be able to get the deal done without having to use it. Good Front offices get this **** taken care of!!! The Rebuilding thing is an excuse, keep the good talent, go out and sign good Free Agents when possible and Draft Well. This team can turn it around with another solid draft, keeping the good talent they do have and Signing some good Free Agents in the Offseason. It's a recipe of success in the NFL. Somehow the Bozos in our FO haven't figured this out? Ridiculous...

We are too weak at receiver position to let him go at this point. we will need to tag him and draft a stud.

we cant depend on Easley, not thrilled with Jones. At least defenses respect Stevie. regardlees of how good he is in the league he is still the best we got right now. And we have the money. this should be easy call for us :wallbash:

The Bills never pay top dollar for elite players, if they did we would have enjoyed ten years of Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield as our CB tandem. They save their money to overpay average veterans like Kelsay and Fitz, or high value bargains like George Wilson and Kyle Williams.

Can't wait to see how they operate when teams are forced to spend to the cap -- I predict a 70 million dollar extension for Tashard Choice.

I think Stevie has earned himself a few good offers by his consistent play these past two years - let's face it, a thousand yard receiver on this team, with this QB, might be a 1400 yard receiver on a different team. Add to that Stevie has shown he can handle Revis one on one. How many teams would love to be able to have a receiver they can throw to during the playoffs, against the Jets, without having to worry if it's Revis out there covering him? I'd bet there are at least 2 or 3 teams that would go after him for those merits.

And, because the Bills are about as incompetent as an NFL team can be, not signing him when they had the leverage, now they can only hope to franchise him, or pony up the contract now - because, I'm guessing he isn't going to regress unless his QB regresses terribly, or unless we get a receiver who is so good he takes a lot of balls away from Stevie. But, if we franchise stevie - my guess is they're not going to sign another receiver to big money while paying that kind of salary to Stevie - that isn't how old Ralphie works; I mean, franchise money kind of dictates that Stevie is the Go To receiver (in the eyes of a cheap old owner) and, I'd guess that paying him that kind of money - just like with Fitz - they're going to try to get as much out of him as possible, which could hurt him, because I could see them trying to force it to him 12 times a game just to justify the pay.

I hope we do sign Johnson, but I've been here long enough to know the drill. After the next big drop he's bound to have will come all the posts saying how stupid the Bills were for signing Johnson...probably from some of the same people howling how we can't let him walk. Don't think so? See: Ryan Fitzpatrick. Same as it ever was.

PTR

lol like the fans mean anything in the equation, troll.

You obviously have not seen the incompetency of this organization over the past decade have you? :thumbsup:

well you half right not a decade more like 3+ decades .ive watched the draft process evolve since the early 70s ..the most imcompentent period was under tom donahoe and john guy ..this is a new group ,they essently evaluted current talent the first year ,ala good bye trent edwards..until they get 3-4 years getting the right players dont exspect miracles..imo they are headed the right way...

.if their is a fault i see is not being pro-active in signing current players . but their are issues to be solved ..is stevie worth 5-6-7-8 million or more? is freddy worth 7-8 or more its easy to say sign them but WHAT EXACTLY IS IT?.what is the market value on a rb with a broke leg at 30?or a wr that drops td passes?.i wish they were signed too but it aint my money and if it was id ask the same questions ,,

Edited by tombstone56

The Bills never pay top dollar for elite players, if they did we would have enjoyed ten years of Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield as our CB tandem. They save their money to overpay average veterans like Kelsay and Fitz, or high value bargains like George Wilson and Kyle Williams.

Can't wait to see how they operate when teams are forced to spend to the cap -- I predict a 70 million dollar extension for Tashard Choice.

No, only $68 million.

Edited by jjmac

HOnestly, I see every team needing a WR coming after him. He is a great shifty WR that can beat man coverage agaisnt anyone and knows where to find openings in zone coverage. He will be one of the top tagets in FA if you ask me.

OK, let me word it a little differently.

There are 15 different teams with at least one receiver in the top 15 for reception yards (SJ is #15).

There are 10 different teams with at least one receiver in the top 16 for # of receptions (SJ is #16).

Stevie is a good receiver who knows how to get open. He has also been playing hurt, which hasn't let him showcase great ability to jump for a ball. He hasn't shown the ability to consistently pull in off-target tosses and turn poor throws into yardage. He's also let a few drop that would have changed the game if he caught them.

I think the Bills should make every effort to resign him because he's a good player, and we need to retain our good players, and if he keeps developing he could be a great player in another year.

If he's willing to work with the Bills and go for an incentivized contract I think it would be good for both himself and the Bills

Reportedly, Stevie wants top-5 receiver money.

Which teams do you feel will see him as a FA target worthy of top-5 money, when he's mid-range in stats (#15, #16)?

Keep in mind a top receiver requires a quality line and a quality QB to be fully utilized, and the worse the QB and the line are, the better the receiver needs to be.

I think Stevie has earned himself a few good offers by his consistent play these past two years - let's face it, a thousand yard receiver on this team, with this QB, might be a 1400 yard receiver on a different team. Add to that Stevie has shown he can handle Revis one on one. How many teams would love to be able to have a receiver they can throw to during the playoffs, against the Jets, without having to worry if it's Revis out there covering him? I'd bet there are at least 2 or 3 teams that would go after him for those merits.

There is no question that Revis is a good cornerback.

There is a very high probability that no team will be worried about throwing against Revis in the playoffs this year. Next year, who knows?

Which 2 or 3 teams do you think will go after Stevie? I hear repeatedly that a lot of teams will be interested in paying him top-5 receiver money.

Who are these teams?

Edited by Hopeful

They will sign stevie. They are spending NOTHING at the WR position (I'm assuming they'll cut Roscoe because of durability issues every year) and have a mediocre QB who needs targets.

He will test free agency and the Bills will sign him for around $7M a year. I don't think they'll tag him, it's not like we're on the brink of making a run here.

Could it be that Chan wants someone else? How about Dwayne Bowe...they have the connection, Bowe and Stevie are similar receivers (Bowe maybe a bit better) and Bowe isn't as immature as SJ13...Just something to ponder as I am a SJ13 fan, but coudn't help but think...

we had the bird in hand wih sj all we had to do was sign him last offseason. Chan may want Bowe, but so might several other teams. And when the Bills bid against the league, the Bills generally lose.

I guess the FO had too many other pressing duties, to get around to resigning one of our core players when it was reasonable to do so.

Lil Donte is flamboyant and through his own stupidity, is making less than we offered. Ask Donte how his big market exposure is. Oh wait I have the answer. he is invisible.

Some players do way better in a small market. In fact I bet Jim Kelly will agree to that.

And could win a RING this year!!! He could have played for the Bills until he was 60 and never sniffed a RING!!!

Could it be that Chan wants someone else? How about Dwayne Bowe...they have the connection, Bowe and Stevie are similar receivers (Bowe maybe a bit better) and Bowe isn't as immature as SJ13...Just something to ponder as I am a SJ13 fan, but coudn't help but think...

That makes sense. In the one year he played under Gailey, Bowe had 86 catches for 1022 yards and 7 TDs. He had a very good year last year, and while down a tad this season, is still very productive (75 receptions/1066 yds/14.2 ypc). He's not much of a step up from Stevie, but he is a step up. As is Vincent Jackson, a Nix draftee who is a genuine stud. He'd be an improvement, but if memory serves he has had some problems with the law.