Fire Chan.... Hire Wannstedt

Are you high?

Hah... +1

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

Really Wanny as HC could be the best thing for this team

The Bills ALREADY hired Wannstedt as a defensive assistant...and wow has the defense looked awful. I personally think Gailey has done a good job with very limited tools on offense, they just need someone to run the defensive side. Edwards/Wannstedt have failed in epic fashion.

Keep Gailey, get healthy, and find a capable DC (for cheap of course, or else Ralph won't bite...)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about this idea. Chan has been ineffective during his tenure as Bills coach. His suspect Playcalling toward the end of the season clearly cost this team some victories.

The 20,000 empty send a powerful message to Ralph Wilson, the Bills fans won't stand for the crap product he and Chan have put on the field. So here is my advice - fire BOTH Chan and Edwards and have Wannstedt lead this team. Wanny was a very good coach as was effective as HC of Miami. He was able to beat New England and he'd help our defense.

The good thing he'd do though, is bring in a new OC that would not screw things up like Chan.

Really Wanny as HC could be the best thing for this team

How bout this ? Do you think that those empty seats had anything to do with it being CHRISTMAS !! & people were spending their money on gifts & not football tickets ?? HELLO

And like one of the other posters said ARE YOU HIGH ??? You have to look at all that went wrong with the team this year , Chan couldn't help that 15 player went on IR & that about 10 of them were starters :blink: ! You must still be smoking that stuff and not seeing things for what they really are .

Now i'll give you a pass on the fire Edwards thing b/c i think that would be a good thing to put Wanny in his place , But Chan --- NOT .. Plus did Wanny quit the Phins or did he get fired either way i know his records in Miami weren't anything to write home about !!!

You need to stop smoking that stuff : :blink: it causes brain damage you know ??

i think that would be a good thing to put Wanny in his place , But Chan --- NOT .. Plus did Wanny quit the Phins or did he get fired either way i know his records in Miami weren't anything to write home about !!!

You need to stop smoking that stuff : :blink: it causes brain damage you know ??

Wanny is part of the problem, not the solution. I hope he leaves, because at this point in his career he is just a recognizable name, nothing more.

OP, What is your screen name about anyways, I never noticed his teeth.

You must be blind sir. George Edwards has THE LARGEST TEETH in the NFL. I am pretty sure they are caps or veneers because those choppers stick way the freak out of his mouth. He has the same thing going on that BaBa Booey from Howard Stern does

I think that Chan should fire himself as offensive coordinator and hire Marty Schottenheimer or maybe even give Frank Reich a shot. Chan sucks as an OC.

Marty becomes an OC despite having a career as a defensive player and coach?

Marty becomes an OC despite having a career as a defensive player and coach?

Yeah, I seriously goofed on that one. I see Marty as the "running game" head coach and I totally forgot that he was originally a defensive guy.

I do think that Chan needs to hire an offensive coordinator who will know how to use both Spiller and Jackson. I don't see Chan able to relinquish the passing/spread game. There's got to be some OCs out there that Chan could bring in.

I think that Chan should fire himself as offensive coordinator and hire Marty Schottenheimer or maybe even give Frank Reich a shot. Chan sucks as an OC.

Two solid offensive coaches with big, successful resumes as OCs. :wallbash: :wallbash: Do you guys just make stuff up as you go along?

People on this board always go too far with there theroiex. Spiller is good so replace Fred, Wanny would be a good DC so make him HC. We can have both people, Chans play calling can be suspect but remember Van Pelt and Schonert? He's done pretty well given the lack of talent and certainly deserves another season. We gotta try to win and have continuity. One more season at least for Chan

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Wanny has always sucked as a HC, It would be like having Wade, Capers and Lebeau as HCs; great DCs bad HCs.

I say bring in Mike Sherman as OC and then Chan can do his own job.

Dave took the Bears and the Dolphins to playoff berths...If you call that "Sucking", I am not sure what you would call with our HCs in the last 12 years.

Dave took the Bears and the Dolphins to playoff berths...If you call that "Sucking", I am not sure what you would call with our HCs in the last 12 years.

Please stop it with your "facts." Some people don't like those on this board. It's much better just to say "yeah man," or "you must be high."!!

Wanny is a good coach, but I think he should be the DC instead of HC, and that can free up Chan to totally run the offense as he will have a very experienced coach running the D. Plus, its not Chan's fault that Fitz chronically under or over throws wide open WR's. We need a franchise QB. If we don't draft a QB in the 1st three rounds to groom behind Fitz (and to be a backup, because we don't have a backup QB either) then Nit should be the one fired.

Whats scary about this idea is that this owner likes to "promote from within" so this idea is not as far fetched as some may think.

Although I don't see Dave Wannstedt as having proven anything to anybody just yet. I don't see the defense improving very much over last years defense.

So far the fans seem to be mostly content with inept Gailey as the HC for now, dunno why it takes everyone 3 years to see the ineptitude that started in year one under this man. So hopefully at some point in next years losing season we can expect a real change, to what exactly I'm not certain.

With this owner being so old, much older then now deceased Al Davis. Its difficult to determine what he is thinking in terms of the current HC. For myself I'd have never allowed Gailey to be hired in the first place. Not when someone Like Marty S wanted the job.

Nix getting fired...like the idea.... No love the idea!

My theory is that Chan failed to make adjustments as the season went on. In my heart-o-hearts I do feel Dave would give us the best chance of success. We could hire a good OC to run the offense

Ugh...i don't think any of your ramblings here qualify as "ideas" in the formal sense. An idea usually involves some rationale or introspection before expression.

What you do is either a dull form of trolling or a particularly sad form of message board diarrhea.