Von Miller vs. Dareus

Bob in STL

I think Von miller has been sensational this season. He gets to the QB and that is what he was hired to do. I am not sure what his game is like beyond that but he makes big impact plays getting to the QB.

Dareus played a monster game and was more dominant than Miller today. Dareus and can play any postion on the line. I think he can be a force like a Deacon Jones, a Joe Greene, or a Bruce Smith (a few old names for some of you but he looks like a throwback DL to me). Dareus does everything plus he is a leader. With the right support he could lead a defense to greatness. I really think so.

I am happy that he fell to us. No regrets about not getting Miller and settling for Dareus. None at all.

Merry Christmas

Before the draft, I actually wanted Miller. I would have loved for him to be on this team, but at this point I wouldn't trade back. Marcel is a beast, and when we get Williams back and draft a stud OLB, our front 7 will be pretty stout. We have GOT to have a solid draft, though....

I was thrilled when Denver took Miller, because I wanted Dareus on the roster badly. I'm still happy with the pick.

+1 to this.

I would have wanted AJ Green if Denver took Dareus, but I'm perfectly fine with how it worked out.

Both are very good, I think the Bills got the guy they needed the most

Yeah, that's exactly it - it seems that for the first time in forever, the top 5 picks are all great for their teams. And, we got the one we needed most for ours.

Yeah, that's exactly it - it seems that for the first time in forever, the top 5 picks are all great for their teams. And, we got the one we needed most for ours.

All things considered, this is shaping up to be one of, if not the, greatest draft classes of all time. I've never seen so many rookies make an impact.

First of all the rookies are playing. Not so sure they are making an impact. That says more about how bad the veterans are and the injuries to veterans.

Regardless it looks like the Dareus, Miller, and Green were can't miss players. Normally I always want to trade down but in this case have to give it to Nix that stying put and taking Dareus was the right move.

Next year lets hope we a player like Mathews is available at our pick to get the pass rush this team so desperately needs.

I think Von miller has been sensational this season. He gets to the QB and that is what he was hired to do. I am not sure what his game is like beyond that but he makes big impact plays getting to the QB.

Dareus played a monster game and was more dominant than Miller today. Dareus and can play any postion on the line. I think he can be a force like a Deacon Jones, a Joe Greene, or a Bruce Smith (a few old names for some of you but he looks like a throwback DL to me). Dareus does everything plus he is a leader. With the right support he could lead a defense to greatness. I really think so.

I am happy that he fell to us. No regrets about not getting Miller and settling for Dareus. None at all.

Merry Christmas

:thumbsup:

First of all the rookies are playing. Not so sure they are making an impact. That says more about how bad the veterans are and the injuries to veterans.

Regardless it looks like the Dareus, Miller, and Green were can't miss players. Normally I always want to trade down but in this case have to give it to Nix that stying put and taking Dareus was the right move.

Next year lets hope we a player like Mathews is available at our pick to get the pass rush this team so desperately needs.

If we can add a talented edge rusher (along the lines of a Von Miller) to go with Dareus and Kyle Williams we will be on our way.

We actually need two OLBs so that Kelsey and Spencer Johnson never line up there again.

Moats and Batten do not look like the answer. Moats could be a decent back up and ST player. Batten has been invisable lately.

If we can add a talented edge rusher (along the lines of a Von Miller) to go with Dareus and Kyle Williams we will be on our way.

We actually need two OLBs so that Kelsey and Spencer Johnson never line up there again.

Moats and Batten do not look like the answer. Moats could be a decent back up and ST player. Batten has been invisable lately.

I have only seen Batten on ST the last two games but I may have missed a play or 2 he was in for. Heard played yesterday as a sub and looked pretty good too.

I hope you mean that Johnson and Kelsay should be playing DE for us.

Arthur and Danny have not made much of an impact and i had some hope for them. Maybe they are situational at best.

so at least one OLB to replace Merriman :( and another to let Kelsay and Johnson get their hands back on the ground.

I love Kelvin and he is young, but not sure we do not need another stud at that position.