Did the Defense make a statement?

TPS

I do think Edwards gets too much blame but I don't see bringing him back. At some point, even if your talent is limited, you have to scheme to generate a pass rush. I never saw enough of that from Edwards.

And Denver's offense is like a high school team. Stop the run and force the QB to throw the ball.

The downside risk to this victory would be for someone to take the game in isolation and assume George Edwards was doing a great job.

Answering the question: since I didn't get to hear post-game as well, AND there was the article in the B-News pro-Edwards; I'm wondering if there was any idication by the defense after the game that was pro-Edwards?

Answering the question: since I didn't get to hear post-game as well, AND there was the article in the B-News pro-Edwards; I'm wondering if there was any idication by the defense after the game that was pro-Edwards?

I couldn't care less about Kelsay making statements about his coaches either pro or con myself. It's just feel good pablum that good soldiers like Kelsay give for public consumption.

That said, the defense played well today. Dareus and Edwards played very well and shut down the Broncos interior running game after the first drive, when they looked like they were going to get carved up. Without that, the Broncos offense floundered and Tebow's limitations were exposed. He's not very accurate, holds the ball WAY too long, has a terrible elongated delivery (resulted in 1 fumble/int directly), and doesn't really see the field very well. He needs work, no question about it. I'm not counting him out or rooting against him by any means; he's just not a complete QB at this time.

If ever there was "magic" in Tebow's game, it was his ability to inspire the Denver defense to only allow 7-10 points while their ****ty offense took three and a half quarters to find a pulse.

AnyD coordinator would look like a magician if they got to face an offense as bad as the Broncos every week.

The REAL story of today's game was Buffalos five (woulda been seven if Rayner wasn't dreadful) scoring drives against Denver's once air tight defense.

If ever there was "magic" in Tebow's game, it was his ability to inspire the Denver defense to only allow 7-10 points while their ****ty offense took three and a half quarters to find a pulse.

AnyD coordinator would look like a magician if they got to face an offense as bad as the Broncos every week.

The REAL story of today's game was Buffalos five (woulda been seven if Rayner wasn't dreadful) scoring drives against Denver's once air tight defense.

Thanks, I appreciate the summary. I'm throwing things out there based on stats, and was waiting for those who have some analysis of game.

Thanks, I appreciate the summary. I'm throwing things out there based on stats, and was waiting for those who have some analysis of game.

The Bills had 2 pick 6 scores and 1 punt return for a touchdown; that was 21 of the 40 points. The return game also flipped the field for them and was excellent.

The offensive output was 1 touchdown and 4 field goals and 2 missed field goals. The Bills offense did bog down when it got in the red-zone. Phil Simms actually praised the coaching for going 5 wide inside the 5 yard line even though it wasn't working to score TDs. :doh:

A win is a win, but it wasn't flawless.

Analysis: Bailey took Stevie to the woodshed. Spiller shredded their rushing defense with a handful of BIG bursts. Said bursts were the difference in field position most of the game. Our defense was in full on retreat on Denver's first possession of the game--which netted them a touchdown. After that, the Denver offense was as lousy as its been all year. With Stevie neutralized, Fitz struggled. A couple of big plays got us down close, but we walked away with way too many FG's in those situations--credit belongs mostly to Denver's tough D though. Once Denver got 2-3 scores behind in the second half they had to resort to passing and that's when it got FUGLY for Tebow and gang. Never underestimate the importance of a punt return TD, though, and it may have actually been THE turning point in the game.