johnson,flynn and dixon

jcbillsfan

Well anybody may be better than Thigpen. But last thing Chan wants to do right now is start a quarterback controversy. Also last thing the team needs. We're starting Fitz until we can draft a franchise QB in 2013.

I think Dixon would be a significant upgrade over thigpen. Then again most anybody will be an upgrade.

Thigpen has played well in real games....preseason he hasn't but until they start counting preseason games that won't matter

He has?

How many times has he come into a game this year? The only times I remember him coming in, in garbage time, he looked worse then Fitz who was taken out for him.

As for wanting other teams backups, how about they try and get a starting Qb or draft a QB this year instead of making other teams discarded backups our starters. Kolb looked great last season too, hows it working out for the Cardinals?

Might be a better idea to sign one of these young free agents qb's with nice upside. It gives FITZ soe competion and chan somebody to groom. It is really like buying a second round pick .

I don't think you use a second round pick for a projected career backup QB.

And who, exactly, was the last QB that Gailey "groomed"--Cordell Stewart??

He has?

How many times has he come into a game this year? The only times I remember him coming in, in garbage time, he looked worse then Fitz who was taken out for him.

As for wanting other teams backups, how about they try and get a starting Qb or draft a QB this year instead of making other teams discarded backups our starters. Kolb looked great last season too, hows it working out for the Cardinals?

I assume you didn't watch him in KC starting?

Might be a better idea to sign one of these young free agents qb's with nice upside. It gives FITZ soe competion and chan somebody to groom. It is really like buying a second round pick .

Yeah whatever they do I hope they don't draft a QB with that first round pick. You gotta' scrimp at the QB position in this league. Scientists have long agreed on this fact.

Gotta' build around the RB's and CB's. Fred Jackson is gettin up there and without TMcGee this defense would suck.

I assume you didn't watch him in KC starting?

have you watched him any where else? Have you watched him play for the Bills, with teh same team Fitz has to play with?

Rob Johnson had a couple good starts too before the Bills picked him up...........

Edited by apuszczalowski

Don't bet on the Bills trying something like that before the draft. I think they will be keeping their options open for an early QB. Perhaps if nothing happens in the draft they would consider replacing Thigpen with a possible safety net for Fitz.

If we draft a back up bring in some one with a winning college resume !! According to all that talk about this guy he will never be a NFL QB but to that i say BS !!

Every body said last year that Dalton was never going to be more than a back up in this league & he's done pretty dam good in his first year !!

I think if Kellen Moore is there we need to grab him because every one has said he won't go until the 5th or 6th round , how much better could it get ?? The guy is a winner with a decent arm , very accurate , there are a few things against him but we had a QB at one time that had basically the same knocks against him ..

Guess who ??? I call it the Flutie syndrome !! Although there is so much controversy when you bring up Fluties name all's that guy did was win same as Moore sure he's on the small side but so is Brees & those kind of guys always seem to have that chip on their shoulder to where they have something to prove .

All's i'm saying is if we do draft a QB & in the form of a possible quality draft pick for not a lot of money Kellen Moore would be a great choice !! A winner is a winner no matter how big they are look at Woodhead , Steve Smith , Wes Welker , Fill in the blank ..

have you watched him any where else? Have you watched him play for the Bills, with teh same team Fitz has to play with?

Rob Johnson had a couple good starts too before the Bills picked him up...........

Ah yes - write off 504 passes for his 8 he's thrown here. Not saying he's terrific but it seems there's a good bit of sample size (including more than a dozen games with chan).

I am familiar with Flynn and Dixon but who is Johnson?

Josh johnson . second round pick of the bucs the year before they took freeman .

Ah yes - write off 504 passes for his 8 he's thrown here. Not saying he's terrific but it seems there's a good bit of sample size (including more than a dozen games with chan).

this was not a knock on thigpen, you can do worse for a backup . This was an idea to develop a young qb with upside rather then spending a draft pick.

Flynn looked terrific when Rodgers was out last year. I'd take a chance on him based on what Ive seen and also knowing it's theres no way packers would sit rodgers.

Flynn had a good game against the Pats (much like Trent did in his first-ever start), but looked bad the week before when he played the majority of the game against the Lions. How good he is is really unknown, but for a reasonable contract, I'd bring him aboard.

Well anybody may be better than Thigpen. But last thing Chan wants to do right now is start a quarterback controversy. Also last thing the team needs. We're starting Fitz until we can draft a franchise QB in 2013.

I'll never forget the 2009 offseason when Fitz was signed because they didnt want Edwards to be looking over his shoulder at competition for his job. Geez!!

Get someone in here who thrives on fighting for his job and takes nothing for granted. Wait, since this sounds some like Fitz I better add that he has a big arm.

I'll never forget the 2009 offseason when Fitz was signed because they didnt want Edwards to be looking over his shoulder at competition for his job. Geez!!

Get someone in here who thrives on fighting for his job and takes nothing for granted. Wait, since this sounds some like Fitz I better add that he has a big arm.

Wait, Losman has a big arm but he didn't like competition.

Just give us somebody like Rodgers already.

I also recently read that Jacksonville may have already given up on Gabbert because he's too afraid of the pass rush. Wimp!!

Man, when I used to play football I loved getting hit. I don't know how much I'd like having angry NFL player put a lick on me, but that's just how the game is played. He was paid millions of dollars to quarterback that team...he needs to grow some balls. :thumbdown:

Edited by ajzepp

Aaaah! Mention of Rob Johnson, Edwards, Losman. I'm going to have nightmares tonight!!