Minnesota 2-12 @Wash, Chi .516

Cleveland 4-10 @Bal, Pit .492

Tampa Bay 4-10 @Car, @Atl .496

Jacksonville 4-10 @Tenn, Ind .520

Washington 5-9 Min, @Phi .473

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

Buffalo 5-9 Den, @NE .535

Carolina 5-9 TB, @NO .555

I think Jacksonville will win their final game against the colts making them 5-11, Washington will beat the Vikings at home next week making them 6-10, and Carolina will beat TB at home this week to make their final record 6-10. I am hoping that Miami will lose one of their two remaining games, but I just don't see that happening. Of course, I see Buffalo losing their two remaining games.

This is how I see the final top 10 draft pick playing out...

1. Indianapolis (Andrew Luck QB Stan.)

2. St. Louis (Matt Kalil LT USC)

3. Minnesota (Justin Blackmon WR OkSt)

4. Cleveland (Trent Richardson RB Bama)

5. Tampa Bay (Morris Clayborne CB LSU)

6. Miami (Robert Griffin III QB Baylor)

7. Jacksonville (Matt Barkley QB USC)

8. Buffalo (Alshon Jeffery WR S.Car.)

9. Washington (Michael Floyd WR ND)

10. Carolina (Quentin Coples DE UNC)

I have us picking the best player available (IMO) at a position of need. A Miami win over the Jets or the Patsies could shake things up tremendously, and possibly give us a chance at one of the top 3 QB prospects (for those of you out there who want a QB). I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. What do you think :thumbsup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny,

I am confused....why would Miami pick ahead of us when they beat us twice (and if we had the same record presumably)

The first tiebreaker for draft position is strength of schedule (easier schedule = higher pick). The second tiebreaker is a coin flip. If the coin lands on edge, then head-to-head record is used as the third tiebreaker. If that does not resolve the tie, then Commissioner Goodell uses ink-a-dink to determine who drafts first.

No one's ever gotten past the 2nd tiebreaker, unfortunately.

Johny - I could see Tampa Bay trading down to our spot....maybe we can give them our 4th rounder and Lee-O-diss...that way we get RG3, they still get the CB they want, a 4th round pick, and we can unload #21 on some unsuspecting NFC team.

Decent idea, but I don't think Leodis McFumbles is the "CB they want," and I highly doubt that it would be sufficient to trade Leodis and a 4th round pick to move up to the #5 spot. I suspect that certain teams that have a need at QB (i.e., Washington) would be willing to give up a kings ransom to land Barkley or RGIII.

Current Order:

Team Current Record Remaining Opponents Strength of Schedule

Indianapolis 1-13 Hou, @Jax .520

St. Louis 2-12 @Pit, SF .477

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

I think Jacksonville will win their final game against the colts making them 5-11, Washington will beat the Vikings at home next week making them 6-10, and Carolina will beat TB at home this week to make their final record 6-10. I am hoping that Miami will lose one of their two remaining games, but I just don't see that happening. Of course, I see Buffalo losing their two remaining games.

I have us picking the best player available (IMO) at a position of need. A Miami win over the Jets or the Patsies could shake things up tremendously, and possibly give us a chance at one of the top 3 QB prospects (for those of you out there who want a QB). I guess we'll see how it all unfolds. What do you think :thumbsup:

First off Why the hell does Miami draft ahead of us when they swept us? SOS is one thing but they swept us so we draft ahead of them. Next, WR? are you kidding me? Our QB sucks, OL sucks, still need 4 starting LB's if we stay 3-4 ect. Screw WR

Johny - I could see Tampa Bay trading down to our spot....maybe we can give them our 4th rounder and Lee-O-diss...that way we get RG3, they still get the CB they want, a 4th round pick, and we can unload #21 on some unsuspecting NFC team.

Love this.

If we can't land Barkley or RG3, Alshon Jeffrey is my man. If we are gonna be stuck with Fitz, we gotta get him targets that are effective intermediate recievers. Might as well add a TE to pair with Chandler in free agency as well. Fk the spread crap. We need guys who can work the middle of the field and help the running game be more physical.

I really don't see Jax using another top pick on a qb. I see them taking either a wr or a lb. I also don't see the rams taking another tackle as they have saffold who is a nice left tackle although jason smith i have heard is terrible. I also see them taking a wr. I also really hope we don't take a wr as we need top talent in our lb corps.

First off Why the hell does Miami draft ahead of us when they swept us? SOS is one thing but they swept us so we draft ahead of them. Next, WR? are you kidding me? Our QB sucks, OL sucks, still need 4 starting LB's if we stay 3-4 ect. Screw WR

You're wrong.

Strength of schedule is the first tie-breaker. We have a "stronger" strength of schedule than Miami, therefore, if we have the same record....they pick ahead of us. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

NEXT....which LB, OT, or QB would be worth the #8 pick in the draft? You'll notice that, in my mock draft, Luck, Barkley, & RGIII are all gone before we pick. I see this as being a very realistic possibility. So go ahead genius...who do we pick then?

If we can't land Barkley or RG3, Alshon Jeffrey is my man. If we are gonna be stuck with Fitz, we gotta get him targets that are effective intermediate recievers. Might as well add a TE to pair with Chandler in free agency as well. Fk the spread crap. We need guys who can work the middle of the field and help the running game be more physical.

All due respect, but if I'm taking a WR top ten I want more than an intermediate target even if I have a QB who can complete passes beyond 20 yards. And if Steve Johnson is gone, I'd rather replace him with a free agent that's got some experience in the league.

I do like the concept of taking a TE high because they guys they have are either JAG's or players who should be in the UFL.

Yeah, I think Miami beats the Jets, so that takes care of that.

The problem is that Belichek will have the Pats lay down in the meaningless last game...

Never would belicheat do this. First they want revenge for the earlier loss (both he and Brady you know will want to crush the bills) and second they will more than likely be playing for either home field advantage or the number 1 seed. On top of that gailey and nix will not try to win that one. I remember comments last year about not knocking themselves out of drafting position for a meaningless game (brohm as our starter). Im thinking 7th is most likely 6th is possible and 4th pie in the sky dreaming.

That being said nix (from san Diego days as well as Easley) has a track record of a mid round taller wide receivers. Not that it matters but I would prefer a few other positions over wr namely qb or olb at the very least

I really don't see Jax using another top pick on a qb. I see them taking either a wr or a lb. I also don't see the rams taking another tackle as they have saffold who is a nice left tackle although jason smith i have heard is terrible. I also see them taking a wr. I also really hope we don't take a wr as we need top talent in our lb corps.

I'm in agreement with you that drafting the best 3-4 rush OLB is priority #1. In this scenario, however, I don't think that there is one worth taking at the #8 spot. I think it's too early for a guy like Upshaw. I think it's more prudent, in this case, to take the best player available at a position of need. Which linebacker would be a good selection at the #8 spot?

Current Order:

Team Current Record Remaining Opponents Strength of Schedule

Indianapolis 1-13 Hou, @Jax .520

St. Louis 2-12 @Pit, SF .477

Miami 5-9 @NE, NYJ .516

I don't believe Alshon Jeferey is anywhere near BPA in that scenario.

I'd say

Dre Kirkpatrick

Courtney Upshaw

Mike Adams

Are all BPA over Alshon

I mean I'd even say

Brandon Weeden

is BPA over Jeferey.

I think Jeferey will be heading to a playoff team not a Top10 pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm in agreement with you that drafting the best 3-4 rush OLB is priority #1. In this scenario, however, I don't think that there is one worth taking at the #8 spot. I think it's too early for a guy like Upshaw. I think it's more prudent, in this case, to take the best player available at a position of need. Which linebacker would be a good selection at the #8 spot?

Agreed - especially if the SJ thing doesn't work out...best player available and WR would have to come to mind....unless the FA thing works out.