RB SITUATION

robert cohen

1324309916[/url]' post='2340207']

Yes, did you not see Spiller's last few games?

Jackson is very good, but he simply does not posses the sheer talent that Spiller does. As an added plus, the guy is a great receiver!

Did you not see Freds entire season? Did you fitzs first few games? The guy has two good games and now he's our best player. Lol wake up man. Fred was EASILY OUR BEST PLAYER. Now, spiller has a decent game vs the titans (Donald brown is better than Fred too, he ran for 150+ vs the titans btw) and a very good game vs the fins....and he's better than the guy that was A TOP 3 RB in football the first 8 weeks or so. Did you see reggie bush play yesterday? HE'S BETTER THAN FRED TOO!!!! Wake up 1billsfan, it sounds like you're telling me Robert Quinn is better than Von Miller. Cj is good. Cj is young. Cj may be our starting RB next year due too Fred's contract situation. Fred may be the best blocking back in football. He has great hands and is a great receiver too. He sheds the first tackler 90% of the time. He helped us WIN games. He's a monster. He's better than Cj. If you can't see that....well, after having discussions with you in the past, I assumed you couldn't see that. Now I'm sure.

I really can't believe people are saying Cj is BETTER than Fred. This is too funny.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey said he can't be an every down back in his presser yesterday. If his coach doesn't think he can carry the bell 25 times a game why should we?

Because his coach clearly doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow. Sorry, but there's no way you can defend Chan Gailey on this.

And if you can, what does that say about the GM Nix picking him in the top 10?

Did you not see Freds entire season? Did you fitzs first few games? The guy has two good games and now he's our best player. Lol wake up man. Fred was EASILY OUR BEST PLAYER. Now, spiller has a decent game vs the titans (Donald brown is better than Fred too, he ran for 150+ vs the titans btw) and a very good game vs the fins....and he's better than the guy that was A TOP 3 RB in football the first 8 weeks or so. Did you see reggie bush play yesterday? HE'S BETTER THAN FRED TOO!!!! Wake up 1billsfan, it sounds like you're telling me Robert Quinn is better than Von Miller. Cj is good. Cj is young. Cj may be our starting RB next year due too Fred's contract situation. Fred may be the best blocking back in football. He has great hands and is a great receiver too. He sheds the first tackler 90% of the time. He helped us WIN games. He's a monster. He's better than Cj. If you can't see that....well, after having discussions with you in the past, I assumed you couldn't see that. Now I'm sure.

I really can't believe people are saying Cj is BETTER than Fred. This is too funny.

You can "laugh out load" all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that CJ Spiller is better than Fred Jackson.

Edited by 1billsfan

Spiller is the future and the future is now.

This team should fire Nix and Gailey, do whatever it takes to get into position to draft RG III (2012's 1st, 2nd + 2013 1st, 2nd), then trade Fred Jackson for a 2012 2nd which should be easy to do.

Make Whaley the GM and have him hire a new head coach. Perhaps Brian Billick?

This team needs a drastic change in direction. They have some really good pieces in place, but prolonging this kind of change will only set this team back another 2 or more years.

Easy to do? Another new coach?

Because his coach clearly doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow. Sorry, but there's no way you can defend Chan Gailey on this.

You can "laugh out load" all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that CJ Spiller is better than Fred Jackson.

Better at some things, but they are very different players. I see no reason to choose one over the other.

Edited by Adam

Yes, did you not see Spiller's last few games?

Jackson is very good, but he simply does not posses the sheer talent that Spiller does. As an added plus, the guy is a great receiver!

Dude, stop it. A great receiver? Freddy is a much more talented RB than Spiller will ever be. FJ has (is better at) better vision, hands, breaking tackles, making defenders miss, pass blocking. Seriously, I get that you're a fan of CJ but you sound ridiculous. CJ has better straight line speed and that's it.

1324312471[/url]' post='2340252']

Please tell me how in the world you could possibly predict that. I'm not crazy saying Spiller is better than Jackson right now but Spiller is showing all the idiots that he isn't a bust since the staff has had no chance but to play him. Let's also not forget that Freddie is 30 and has a LOT longer and a LOT more carries to perfect his game.

Spiller COULD be better than Freddy with experience and carries. If all you see of Spiller is straight line speed you ain't watching the games. This year AND his entire career are Clemson. He made people look STUPID! He is starting to flash some of that now that he can actually get in a freaking game.

There is no way to predict that. I love CJ, but you really think Cj is a better RB than Fred?

1324311491[/url]' post='2340233']

Because his coach clearly doesn't know his a$ from his elbow. Sorry, but there's no way you can defend Chan Gailey on this.

Ok. Thanks for informing me of that.

This is a total lack of common sense ! Now that Gailey has seen just what Spiller can do & said in his presser that "I didn't want to give him the ball 25 or 30 times because he's a smaller back" it is the perfect storm !!

Can you say Thomas / Davis 2 ?? This year they road FJ hard & although Fred did a great job if they inject CJ more now than before it can benefit the whole team & it's future by giving CJ more carries & cutting Fred back a bit to give him a longer career life !

So this talk of getting rid of Fred is just plain stupid :wallbash: man what are you talking about :doh: :doh: ???

Are you guys kidding me! Have you learned nothing about this season. I'm sure that you guys were the ones starting "I told you so" threads when the Bills were 5-2. Have you noticed what the other Bills outcast RBs are doing around the league. Fj was clearly one of the best RBs in the league this year and you want to get rid of him now because CJ had ONE good game?

Btw, this isn't Madden 2012. You're not getting a 2nd rd pick for a 30 year old RB. Do you know how stupid that sounds? Pay Freddy what he deserves and mix Spiller in more. If Gailey would have been spelling FJ more maybe FJ would not have gotten hurt. Ridiculous thread.

I agree, but your post is a bit internally-inconsistent. You say Freedie is not worth a 2nd round pick, they say "pay him what he's worth," indicating that you think he is worth a lot. Which one is it. If he's worth a lot, he should fetch a 2nd rounder. If not, then there is no need to pay, as you put it, a 30 year old RB "what he's worth."

This is a total lack of common sense ! Now that Gailey has seen just what Spiller can do & said in his presser that "I didn't want to give him the ball 25 or 30 times because he's a smaller back" it is the perfect storm !!

Can you say Thomas / Davis 2 ?? This year they road FJ hard & although Fred did a great job if they inject CJ more now than before it can benefit the whole team & it's future by giving CJ more carries & cutting Fred back a bit to give him a longer career life !

So this talk of getting rid of Fred is just plain stupid :wallbash: man what are you talking about :doh: :doh: ???

I'd keep them both. I wouldn't pay Freddy any more in the process unless we lock him up until he's 33-34, and only for a good price. (well, we could pay him whatever because we are so under the cap). Most teams have 2 good RB's. We have that. We have other holes to fill.

This, with a little less anger. :-)

When Chan mysteriously started moving away from FredEx and more towards Fitz, things went south in a big way. When Fred got hurt, the bottom completely fell out.

Fitz couldn't handle shouldering the entire offense, he was much, much better when Fred was the centerpiece.

Fred is a good personality, well-liked by the fans, and a leader that has another good couple years left in him. I like that Fred has played with a little chip on his shoulder, and am a little afraid of giving him a big contract for fear of that chip disappearing, but that wouldn't stop me.

This.

Please tell me how in the world you could possibly predict that. I'm not crazy saying Spiller is better than Jackson right now but Spiller is showing all the idiots that he isn't a bust since the staff has had no chance but to play him. Let's also not forget that Freddie is 30 and has a LOT longer and a LOT more carries to perfect his game.

Spiller COULD be better than Freddy with experience and carries. If all you see of Spiller is straight line speed you ain't watching the games. This year AND his entire career are Clemson. He made people look STUPID! He is starting to flash some of that now that he can actually get in a freaking game.

What did I predict? There was no prediction, Freddy is better and that's it. The same things that you're saying about Spiller can be said about Freddy. He's never been THE guy before and what happened once was? He exploded. If it weren't for his play before his injury the Bills might be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

I don't hate CJ. I think he's good but I also think he's limited by size, blocking, vision and his inability to break tackles. There is no reason that he shouldn't touch the ball 10-15 times per game though. I've been asking for this since week 4 when it looked like they were going to run FJ into the ground.

Just wondering if you've done the math on strength of schedule to determine us picking 10th? It'll be the colts, rams and vikes in the top 3. Browns, buccs and jags have 4 wins. Miami, wash and carolina have 5 wins. Looks to me, like we're tied for 7-10 and the team with the toughest SoS gets the worst pick. Is that us?

Edit: looks like miami will choose ahead of us as of now. We played Cinci and tenn. Miami played Houston and cleveland. Our matchup is currently has 1 more win. Gotta hope Miami can beat nyj or ne OR Cinci and tennesee lose 2 more gems than Cleveland and Houston. Cleveland ends with Balt and pitts lol.

I didn't but the draft site is up to date as of last night its http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-draft-order/

Looks like we have the last pick of all of the 5-9 teams so we need those teams to win a game in the next two weeks. Jacksonville currently is picking 4th at 4 wins so their is potential to move way up the board.

There isn't a single team in the NFL that only needs one RB. Especially a 30 year old who will be 31 next year and wants, deservedly so, to get paid. Having two is NOT a luxury. I repeat. NOT a luxury. It is a necessity. Spread offense or not we need 2 guys. Spread doesn't mean you aren't going to run the ball. Spread means you run a spread formation which we are very effective running the ball out of when the RB doesn't receive first contact behind the line of scrimmage.

I do agree we need WRs. Again instead of keeping talent like Lee Evans for our spread offense we let him go and have a collection of IR reserve and practice squad players for Fitz to throw to.

Belichek and the Cheatriots will immediately jump on him and Freddie will play for them for minimum Vet as long as he has a chance to go to the post season and also win a super bowl. That is the way it goes.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't resign Freddy is just a hilarious human being.

Agreed 100%. Sign Freddy for something that makes sense and use he and spiller together, not necessarily at the same time, to keep both of them healthy. Whichever one has the hot hand lean towards them a little bit more. Make Freddie the "officail #1" so he doesn't get his panties in a twist and use two of what seem to be our best weapons outside of SJ when he isn't dropping balls that hit him in the hands when he is wide open.

We ditched the best RB of the last 15 years for McGahee the second best, to keep Lynch - 3rd best to go with Spiller. It just so happened we got the best back overall with Fred Jackson.

Belicheck didn't use TE's until he got Hernandez and Gronkowski. I am sure if Gaily is a good enough coach he will find a way to use both.

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ONE OR THE OTHER?????????????????

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST DO LIKE ALMOST EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND RUN WITH 2 GOOD RB'S??????????????????????

That was the whole point that they tried to do when they took McGahee, they planned to go heavy running game with a tandem of Henry and McGahee. Fans, who are always crying about how the Bills need to be run first, kicked and screamed about wasting a pick, and Henry wanted out. Then you have McGahee and Lynch and everyone runs mcGahee out of town for not being a Buffalo homer. Then with Lynch and Freddy, the fans run lynch out of town cause he is a "thug" and will surely be suspended for the season real soon. Now with Spiller and Jackson, its "lets run Jackson out of town cause the Bills surely won't pay him what he wants and we can use the Draft pick" (Same thing said about Evans this offseason, now that its happened it wasn't good enough and the front office is inept for getting rid of him and not seeing the future need for WR's on this roster)

This. I don't care that right now it's not a run heavy offense now, it should be next season period. We've got a pretty good left side of the line when healthly and 2 rbs who play well even without a healthly line. We've got crappy WR's and I'm a Fitz guy but he shouldn't throw 30 times a game. That doesn't mean he doesn't belong here just that he shouldn't be the focal point of the offense. And running the ball and controlling the clock covers up a lot of a teams flaws. See Denver and Baltimore this year, KC last year

I think we really need them both, and we need to go to a more ball control oriented offense,

where their each getting 10-15 carries or more. Furthermore, look at what we got for Lynch, a back,

who is not quite as good as FJ, but 5 years younger, a 4th rounder.

I'm sorry you don't trade the BEST player on your team just b/c a guy we all wanted to cut 2 months ago

has had a couple decent games.

Are you guys kidding me! Have you learned nothing about this season. I'm sure that you guys were the ones starting "I told you so" threads when the Bills were 5-2. Have you noticed what the other Bills outcast RBs are doing around the league. Fj was clearly one of the best RBs in the league this year and you want to get rid of him now because CJ had ONE good game?

Btw, this isn't Madden 2012. You're not getting a 2nd rd pick for a 30 year old RB. Do you know how stupid that sounds? Pay Freddy what he deserves and mix Spiller in more. If Gailey would have been spelling FJ more maybe FJ would not have gotten hurt. Ridiculous thread.

Agree with you 100%, we won't get much for freddy cause of his age and he doesn't have 30yr old running back legs. He's probably got 1-2 years of carrying the load left and then spiller will be able to take the reigns. I love Freddy and I love Spiller, but Freddy needs his $$$$$$. And when people say he's too old, he's only been in the NFL for 6 yrs he's got some mileage left on those legs.

the game has evolved.. this is not the days where you ground and pound.. i started this thread NOT saying CJ is BETTER than freddy , but we are a young team and we used a 1st round pick on him.. ride him.. Spiller and Choice is a good combo if we can build other phases of the team..

For all u guys that dont think freddy is gonna want 8-10 mil a yr , ur nuts.. no way in hell is he gonna accept less.. this is his last chance at a big contract and a football career is short and this is what hes gonna have to live off of the rest of his life. he will refuse to be a part time back and split carries now that spiller has shown he is capable and deserving of alot of touches. Freddy is sick of being the other guy which he has done his whole career. he wants to be THE GUY and rightfully so.. We would be nuts to pay him big bucks when we could easily get alot for him..

For the guy who tried to compare his situation to lynch.. ur an idiot... lynch had major off the field issues and everyone knew we had no need for him.. it was a buyers market for him.. Feddy on the other hand.. We can play hard ball with and EASILY get a 2nd and at worst a 3rd.. either way, Spiller is our future.. u dont need to top backs.. u need a distinction between who is #1 and who is #2.. Choice would be the perfect fit to remain our #2 and fits that role perfect. Freddy is gonna just be too expensive considering all the other needs we have and how cheap we are. i'd pay a 25 yr old stevie the big bucks and sign another WR of his caliber which will be available thru FA and trade Freddy to a contender in need of a RB.. i brought earlier the packers, and someone else brought up the lions.. both would be perfect fits for him.. u dont think the lions who are a young team with the best WR in the game and a #1 overall pick would give up a 2nd round pick for a PROVEN stud rb??? in a heartbeat they would..

As i mentioned at the start of this post.. We know chan will be back and his offense passes to set up the run.. and is a spread based mostly out of the Gun.. spiller is the perfect guy for that style of offense and is getting better and better. i'm willing to bet anyone here a grand that freddy is not a bill next yr..