Per Joe B's twitter, Easley will be cleared to play next year!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be great news. I hope the kid comes back strong!

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia Gailey said Easley would be cleared to play next year.

Comes back, back to what?

We still don't know if he can play.

Has great size and speed, I just hope he can run good patterns, catch, and stay on the field.

Well first of all, I'm glad to hear his career didn't end because of a heart condition.

Secondly, considering the team spent a 4th round pick on him, I'm glad to hear that he'll be back at training camp next year competing for a job.

There's some question about whether he'll turn into a top NFL wide receiver but there's no question that he has the physical talent to become one.

I imagine this experience will only make him more determined.

Note that it was announced on the day when it was reported that the Bills were not likely to use a franchise tag on Steve Johnson. Instead of Johnson, we get ... Marcus Easley. While I suspect that Nix views him as the next coming of Vincent Jackson (another tall/big fourth rounder from a marginal college program), I look at him and see a guy with one year of college production who will go nearly three years between playing in meaningful games.

The plan does allow us to target a wideout high, however.

Edited by dave mcbride

Note that it was announced on the day when it was reported that the Bills were not likely to use a franchise tag on Steve Johnson. Instead of Johnson, we get ... Marcus Easley. While I suspect that Nix views him as the next coming of Vincent Jackson (another tall/big fourth rounder from a marginal college program), I look at him and see a guy with one year of college production who will go nearly three years between playing in meaningful games.

The plan does allow us to target a wideout high, however.

Who reported that and how credible is it?

I don't get it, he goes on IR because of this condition. The doctors havn't done anything to cure his problem, so now he is cleared to play? Why even bother to go IR to start with? We could have used him this year! WTF?

We don't know what, if anything, was done to him.

He was a 4th round pick.

He still has a chance to become a good player for us.

Be happy.

I hope so. We could sure use a good player. Just like we could sure us the cap room we have to keep good players. Better Easley potentially becoming a good player alongside Steve Johnson, than by himself.

I hope so. We could sure use a good player. Just like we could sure us the cap room we have to keep good players. Better Easley potentially becoming a good player alongside Steve Johnson, than by himself.

If we could retain Stevie and bring him to camp along with Easley and maybe another mid-high drafted receiver, I'd feel alright about the receiving corps.

It's great that his career wasn't ended before it began.