Fitz The 2nd QB in Bills History

HuSeYiN1978

The math on that my friends is 187.5 yards per game... Pathetic... Even more pathetic that he's the 2nd one in our whole franchise history to do it after Jim Kelly... I'm not much of a stat guy but damn... That stat just says we need a QB and we need a QB bad....

it would be nice if we had fred jackson and at least a real deep threat wide out.. you cant blame this all on fitzpatrick.. the first thing the bills need to do is not let any of these players go and to actually add players for depth. its the only way we'll finally win.

Sadly, I want this team to draft a number one QB in 2012. Not that, I'm tired of retreads and mid round QB prospects, but with this team ONLY drafting a few guys in round one in its 52 year existence...I just think it's time to pull the trigger!

EDIT: Bring on Luck, RG3 and Barkley!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

As long as he keeps whiffing on the long balls and throwing sure 1st down passes in the dirt, I will be a skeptic

You're right. I mean we all pretty much can see in the past couple of weeks that something is wrong with Fitz. Idk even think HE knows what it is. Maybe his beard hits a wind gust and hair goes in his eye Idk. What's sad is that I can't remember the last time he threw for over 300 yards a game let alone 400... This is just my opinion but I believe even with a great running game like we had with Fred Jackson, an NFL QB should easily be able to throw for over 200-250 yards a game so, averaging 187 a joke. I wanted a QB in the beginning of the season and then somehow i got sucked into liking Fitz and now I'm back on the QB hunt... Another sad part is that I don't want it this year cuz I don't think that even if we lose the rest of the games this year that we'll be in a good position to draft a QB but then again you never know. I know Fitz is bad but I think if we get him a solid LT and get Wood back at center and Levitre at guard and maybe pick up a solid RT free agent, Fitz could be better. So I think our way to go as far as getting a better team is fixing the O-line and defense. I think we should worry about having a solid QB either next year or the year after next only because we already paid him... Doesn't make sense to pay the guy and have him as a backup...

You're right. I mean we all pretty much can see in the past couple of weeks that something is wrong with Fitz. Idk even think HE knows what it is. Maybe his beard hits a wind gust and hair goes in his eye Idk. What's sad is that I can't remember the last time he threw for over 300 yards a game let alone 400... This is just my opinion but I believe even with a great running game like we had with Fred Jackson, an NFL QB should easily be able to throw for over 200-250 yards a game so, averaging 187 a joke. I wanted a QB in the beginning of the season and then somehow i got sucked into liking Fitz and now I'm back on the QB hunt... Another sad part is that I don't want it this year cuz I don't think that even if we lose the rest of the games this year that we'll be in a good position to draft a QB but then again you never know. I know Fitz is bad but I think if we get him a solid LT and get Wood back at center and Levitre at guard and maybe pick up a solid RT free agent, Fitz could be better. So I think our way to go as far as getting a better team is fixing the O-line and defense. I think we should worry about having a solid QB either next year or the year after next only because we already paid him... Doesn't make sense to pay the guy and have him as a backup...

he averages 231/game this year and 230/game last year...the 187 would be 3,000 over 16 games so apparently he fits right into what you want

injuries don't help

Fitz is still in the top 1/2 of QB's in this league.. That means 16 other teams have QB's that are not as good as Fitz.

He is 12 in Yards and TD's, he is one of the least sacked QB's in the league. 9th in completion %,

His negatives He is 18 in rating, and yards per game, and 24th in yards per attempt.

However if the Bills are going to move forward Fitz is the short term need.. I doubt we will be drafting Luck or RG3, and Barkley is out so the rest of the QB's are all going to need some grooming time, and IMO Fitz is a good option for that.

Average QB on a bad team.

Unless there is some sure fire great QB out there, Fitz is our guy. We need defensive help, offensive line help, a new RB and some more WRs.

We're still 207832423 seasons away from being good.

There will never be a sure-fire great QB out there. Even Elway, Peyton Manning, and Luck carry a significant amount of risk in the draft. Free agent Drew Brees is probably the closest thing in NFL history to a sure-fire great QB being available, and he did have some injury risks.

If you want a great QB, not just an average one, you have to take some serious risks. Trade for an unproven guy (like Matt Schaub or Brett Favre, or maybe more like Kevin Kolb or Rob Johnson), draft one high, or give playing time to a nobody in the hopes that he turns out to be Brady, Warner, or Romo. 95+% of the time that nobody turns out to be Caleb Hanie or Tyler Palko, though, and you lose a lot of games.

The math on that my friends is 187.5 yards per game... Pathetic... Even more pathetic that he's the 2nd one in our whole franchise history to do it after Jim Kelly... I'm not much of a stat guy but damn... That stat just says we need a QB and we need a QB bad....

Or that your math is completely wrong and his numbers thru 13 games are exactly where you want him to be for a QB per your post. He will end the year probably around 3600 or so yards. Let's first give him consistent WRs to work with and an even average defense. Then we can make a fair judgment on him.

It must be nice to be Tim Tebow and be terrible and still be in the game in the second half. We have. Ever had that luxury. The Bills have given up 1st possession scores in what every game since the Redskins game?

Fitz was horrible last game. It played well the prior two games

and the first half of the season so let's get a defense and some steady offensive weapons and then we can all make a legit decision.

Whatever the case may be... The math can be wrong and the stats for him being the least sacked QB may be true but that's only cuz he gets rid of the ball so quick and his receivers are never in position 2 catch the ball... Sometimes he throws a catchable ball and the receivers drop it yes i know, but, some throws make you jump up and say where the hell was he going with that throw... The beginning of the season I got used to him throwing sort of effectively but the past 7 or 8 games I'm just like damn, where's the QB in the beginning of the season at? How do u just collapse like that? I'm still getting away from the point at hand though. I'm not saying I want a new QB, I'm saying the one we have isn't the one... We're forced to play him and believe in him cuz we paid him... Fitz is our guy for at least another year or two that's a guarantee. This is definitely not a post of we need a new QB or anything like that. I just hope that one day we can have a QB where we can watch him throw for over 300 yards a game and not lose our minds over it... If Fitz threw for 400 plus yards we'd all lose our minds cuz we've never seen that happen in Buffalo... Yet it happens on almost every other team for more than two games a year... Brady, Eli, Rivers, Ryan, Newton, Peyton (when healthy), Rothlisberger and a couple others I can't think of right now have 300 yard passing games all the time and to them it's just another day at the office... It's what's expected out of a QB... The reason Fitz, Trent, and Losman would always have those 150 yard days is cuz we always check the ball down and can't distribute the ball down the field "accurately"... It's always either a hail mary type throw or gun slinging into double and triple coverage type downfield throws... Unfortunately Bledsoe was the last "real" QB we had... We somehow ended his career with a horrible offensive line too... Either way it is what it is and I will root for Fitz cuz i sure as hell am not trying to see Thigpen play... Fitz is our guy and I'm along for the ride with him. We need to focus on defense and o-line and I'm sure it'll help Fitz be more confident and in 2 years we can spend a 1st round draft pick on a QB and groom the kid for 1 year and he should be surrounded by good talent... Too bad Nix doesn't believe in free agency so as long as he's GM we gotta pray we hit on every pick in the draft...

injuries don't help

Fitz is still in the top 1/2 of QB's in this league.. That means 16 other teams have QB's that are not as good as Fitz.

He is 12 in Yards and TD's, he is one of the least sacked QB's in the league. 9th in completion %,

His negatives He is 18 in rating, and yards per game, and 24th in yards per attempt.

However if the Bills are going to move forward Fitz is the short term need.. I doubt we will be drafting Luck or RG3, and Barkley is out so the rest of the QB's are all going to need some grooming time, and IMO Fitz is a good option for that.

I like him a lot and put him right in the middle of the pack. That means at the most important position we are on the outside looking in for top 12 (playoffs) - our roster is not talented enough to make up for that yet. I'd love to pick up a top guy and let him sit a year. Make a few moves in FA (WR!) and hit on a pass rusher or trench player at the top of the second and I'm happy going forward.

Whatever the case may be... The math can be wrong and the stats for him being the least sacked QB may be true but that's only cuz he gets rid of the ball so quick and his receivers are never in position 2 catch the ball... Sometimes he throws a catchable ball and the receivers drop it yes i know, but, some throws make you jump up and say where the hell was he going with that throw... The beginning of the season I got used to him throwing sort of effectively but the past 7 or 8 games I'm just like damn, where's the QB in the beginning of the season at? How do u just collapse like that? I'm still getting away from the point at hand though. I'm not saying I want a new QB, I'm saying the one we have isn't the one... We're forced to play him and believe in him cuz we paid him... Fitz is our guy for at least another year or two that's a guarantee. This is definitely not a post of we need a new QB or anything like that. I just hope that one day we can have a QB where we can watch him throw for over 300 yards a game and not lose our minds over it... If Fitz threw for 400 plus yards we'd all lose our minds cuz we've never seen that happen in Buffalo... Yet it happens on almost every other team for more than two games a year... Brady, Eli, Rivers, Ryan, Newton, Peyton (when healthy), Rothlisberger and a couple others I can't think of right now have 300 yard passing games all the time and to them it's just another day at the office... It's what's expected out of a QB... The reason Fitz, Trent, and Losman would always have those 150 yard days is cuz we always check the ball down and can't distribute the ball down the field "accurately"... It's always either a hail mary type throw or gun slinging into double and triple coverage type downfield throws... Unfortunately Bledsoe was the last "real" QB we had... We somehow ended his career with a horrible offensive line too... Either way it is what it is and I will root for Fitz cuz i sure as hell am not trying to see Thigpen play... Fitz is our guy and I'm along for the ride with him. We need to focus on defense and o-line and I'm sure it'll help Fitz be more confident and in 2 years we can spend a 1st round draft pick on a QB and groom the kid for 1 year and he should be surrounded by good talent... Too bad Nix doesn't believe in free agency so as long as he's GM we gotta pray we hit on every pick in the draft...

I sorry you feel the need for us to go after another QB whichn leads to another followed by another etc....

The stats do tell a little bit of a story he is 12th in passing yards, 11 in passing attempts, 9th in completions, 11th in tds, but he does have problem areas 3rd in most ints, 18 th in QB rating (effected by ints) and 22 in average, The recievers have 19 dropped passes thats not even including tipped balls or deflected balls. the recievers are 12th in yac with 1557 and Pats are #1 with 2132. Essentially you want to give up a top 12 QB at hopes of a QB rookie somehow in the next 2 or 3 years of agony reaching the top 5. Fitz in 1 solid #2 reciever and Health OL and a Defense away from easily being a top 10 QB. I dont know hoe many games you may watch but several top 10m qbs go 3 and out alot of times and the defense keeps them in the game not ours. Also when the team is down by so many points and your trying to get back into it there tends to be bad passes or head scratching decisions. We dont have the players for him to carrying the offense. Peyton is a top 3 QB and he throws a lot of head scratching throws and ints. So Ill take our FitzPatrick and build a more solid team around him considering he has thrown for over 3000 yardes in two seasons with out playing a full 16g= games in either season as of yet.

Stop letting the losing cloud the judgement about what this team truly needs. We are a WR/ LT and a DC + defense away from being a true contender next season. I see it. Every team has the head scratching game, and the SB Bills of the past had many of those including 4 SB losts.

and they had elite players. Look at the Bengals,Jets game, the Titans game, The Giants game the defense lost those games more then the offense did. So if we actually won those would you be saying the same thing considering we would be 9-4. Its easy to put the blame on the qb and first Jets game/Miami/Dallas and the SD game are all on him thats 3 games he he lost but not just because he couldnt get things going but he was coming from a deficit that the Defense buried him in. Give it another season. Im telling you as long as the front office takes care of the teams needs and fires George Edwards we will be in the thick of things next season. Im not being optimistic. I see it. Its painful to lose and be on this awful skid but to me the Defense is more atrocious to watch then any player on the offense next to spiller getting stuffed on almos every carry.

See this is what kills me. We have a fairly consistent Qb that takes chances and never gets sacked, he is very smart and we want to run him out of town right away because the Bills who many people here said would suck this year, suck

But lets start over, cut a piece so we can replace it and watch another part of the team crumble and B word about that next year

See this is what kills me. We have a fairly consistent Qb that takes chances and never gets sacked, he is very smart and we want to run him out of town right away because the Bills who many people here said would suck this year, suck

But lets start over, cut a piece so we can replace it and watch another part of the team crumble and B word about that next year

You clearly don't know what a good QB looks like...Fitz is not it. People need to get out of the stats books and just watch the games. His arm strength isnt good enough for a gun slinger mentality, his accuracy is all over the place, he makes crucial mistakes in key moments of games, etc etc.

I dont want to hear about his accuracy has increased this year because its a MYTH that is exaggerated by his loyal supporters using his completion %...his comp % is up because his dump off passes are up, much like Trent was falsely paraded as accurate because of all his short baby throws that padded is completion stats. When throwing mid level throws and deep throws he is woefully inaccurate and inconsistent. Often the ball isnt even in a place for our WR's to get their hands on it. Even on completed passes they are often inaccurately thrown causing the WR to get lit up (and hurt) or they have to break their route to make the catch leaving them no opportunity to make a play after the catch.

Not to mention, he lost us the Oakland game with an INT in the endzone except the Raider defender dropped the free gift. He also lost us the NE game when he threw the INT, but luckily for him a flag that had no effect on the outcome of the play bailed him out and over turned it. A W is a W...however, the point is that when the game was on the line he has proven to be mistake prone (even in those 2 wins except the other team bailed him out to give us another shot).

I like Fitz and think he has a lot to offer in terms of leadership and intelligence, but he is just not good enough to carry this team or lead a team that isnt loaded with talent. We are no where close to a team that can rely on a QB with his talent level and he is simply not good enough to be the focal point of our team. We need either a way better team around him (something that will take probably 10 to 12 quality to great starters added to this team) or we need a more talented QB. Personally, it makes me nauseous to see that he is only the 2nd QB in Bills history to notch back to back 3000 yard seasons, and 3000 yards is not exactly impressive.

I dont know about everyone else, but I am sick of pathetic, mediocre, or average at best QB's. QB is the single most important position in all of competitive team sports and the most difficult to play...and yet this fan base just seems to want to rally behind mediocre players (or worse...see JP, Trent, etc) rather than demand we get some real talent to play such an important position so we can FINALLY stop rebuilding...because I PROMISE that until we settle the QB situation, we will always be rebuilding or hoping to scrape out 9 wins.

You clearly don't know what a good QB looks like...Fitz is not it. People need to get out of the stats books and just watch the games. His arm strength isnt good enough for a gun slinger mentality, his accuracy is all over the place, he makes crucial mistakes in key moments of games, etc etc.

I dont want to hear about his accuracy has increased this year because its a MYTH that is exaggerated by his loyal supporters using his completion %...his comp % is up because his dump off passes are up, much like Trent was falsely paraded as accurate because of all his short baby throws that padded is completion stats. When throwing mid level throws and deep throws he is woefully inaccurate and inconsistent. Often the ball isnt even in a place for our WR's to get their hands on it. Even on completed passes they are often inaccurately thrown causing the WR to get lit up (and hurt) or they have to break their route to make the catch leaving them no opportunity to make a play after the catch.

Not to mention, he lost us the Oakland game with an INT in the endzone except the Raider defender dropped the free gift. He also lost us the NE game when he threw the INT, but luckily for him a flag that had no effect on the outcome of the play bailed him out and over turned it. A W is a W...however, the point is that when the game was on the line he has proven to be mistake prone (even in those 2 wins except the other team bailed him out to give us another shot).

I like Fitz and think he has a lot to offer in terms of leadership and intelligence, but he is just not good enough to carry this team or lead a team that isnt loaded with talent. We are no where close to a team that can rely on a QB with his talent level and he is simply not good enough to be the focal point of our team. We need either a way better team around him (something that will take probably 10 to 12 quality to great starters added to this team) or we need a more talented QB. Personally, it makes me nauseous to see that he is only the 2nd QB in Bills history to notch back to back 3000 yard seasons, and 3000 yards is not exactly impressive.

I dont know about everyone else, but I am sick of pathetic, mediocre, or average at best QB's. QB is the single most important position in all of competitive team sports and the most difficult to play...and yet this fan base just seems to want to rally behind mediocre players (or worse...see JP, Trent, etc) rather than demand we get some real talent to play such an important position so we can FINALLY stop rebuilding...because I PROMISE that until we settle the QB situation, we will always be rebuilding or hoping to scrape out 9 wins.

Your right, just cut his ass