Boycotting the final three games

I've been a diehard fan since 1987, but after Fitz threw that awful INT in the third quarter in San Diego yesterday, I did something I thought I'd never do. I walked away from the Buffalo Bills. I turned the game off and turned on some Adam Sandler flick (which made me laugh, but in a good way). My biggest problem yesterday was the fact that I knew exactly what was going to happen in that game. I called it: San Diego would get the ball first, go right down the field against this poor-excuse-for-a-defense, and go up 7 right off the bat. I even called Buffalo's first possession-three and out. I was right on that one as well. I called for a blowout Charger victory yesterday-and I was right also. So was I surprised by what happend yesterday? Obviously not.

The majority of my frustration stems from the fact that I just wanted this team to prove me wrong. To show some guts, some fire. Did I expect them to pull one out in San Diego, no. But you know what? Prove me wrong. Did I expect the Bills to show up in any way and look like a team that had any desire to win in So Cal? No...BUT PROVE ME WRONG!

Look at Miami. Started 0-7, yet they show up week-after-week and give everybody a game. They make every team they line up against them and earn everything. A team that was virutally out of playoff contention even before it saw its first win will play the Bills Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and will outclass the Bills yet again. This isn't sheer pessimism, its a fact. Miami has heart, Miami probably start a QB on Sunday that the Bills know all too well, J.P. Losman, and the dreadful Bills defense will make THIS Bills outcast look like Aaron Rodgers, just as the Bills offensive line made Aaron Maybin look like Bruce Smith...Prove me wrong.

The following week, the Bills defense will make Tim Tebow look like the second coming of Steve Young...Prove me wrong.

To finish things up in this nightmare of a tailspin of a season, Buffalo will travel to Foxborough, where they haven't won in...well, forever, and Brady will look like Brady (if he plays), or Ryan Mallet and/or Brian Hoyer will look like...well, Tom Brady. Prove me wrong...

But the thing is, even if you DO prove me wrong, sorry Bills, but I won't be watching the remaining three games this season. I've watched my final play this season as a Bills fan. I've watched for the last time this year, Ryan Fitzpatrick walk back to the bench with this awesome, completely lost, deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and his ho-hum look afterwards, knowing he's still getting paid for his aweful play. I've watched, for the last time this year the following: Stevie Johnson celebrating a catch when his team is three scores down, an underachieving defense coached by who is probably the worst defesive coordinator ever, and, who by the way, if the Bills wish to sell significant amounts of season tickets next season, had better be fired immediately following the season. A running back who Buddy Nix felt had to be selected like he was stealing something with the 9th pick in the draft, obtain 1.9 yds per carry.

See you next year...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the saddest part is that the OP's description of the Dolphins (started winless for a while, but played their hearts out) is also pretty accurate description of the 2010 Bills.

That team was 4-12, but it was a team you could be proud of. I wish I knew what happened.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

There's been more and more of these posts popping up at this time of the year for the past few seasons now. Sad state of this franchise right now

Yet, the first few games next year will be sold out and people will still be hoping for a playoff run. But I don't blame anyone for not going this year.

Wild Thing I hope you will reconsider and come and support Hammer's parking lot. It's customers like you, who, with your energy, we feed off of and it is that energy, or spark, which inspires use to park cars to the best of our abilities. Thank You for your support. Please help lead the December Charge!

Wild Thing I hope you will reconsider and come and support Hammer's parking lot. It's customers like you, who, with your energy, we feed off of and it is that energy, or spark, which inspires use to park cars to the best of our abilities. Thank You for your support. Please help lead the December Charge!

btw Hammer, any activities (scotch sampling tour, Omaha steaks, etc.) at the lot this Sunday?

I've been a diehard fan since 1987, but after Fitz threw that awful INT in the third quarter in San Diego yesterday, I did something I thought I'd never do. I walked away from the Buffalo Bills. I turned the game off and turned on some Adam Sandler flick (which made me laugh, but in a good way). My biggest problem yesterday was the fact that I knew exactly what was going to happen in that game. I called it: San Diego would get the ball first, go right down the field against this poor-excuse-for-a-defense, and go up 7 right off the bat. I even called Buffalo's first possession-three and out. I was right on that one as well. I called for a blowout Charger victory yesterday-and I was right also. So was I surprised by what happend yesterday? Obviously not.

The majority of my frustration stems from the fact that I just wanted this team to prove me wrong. To show some guts, some fire. Did I expect them to pull one out in San Diego, no. But you know what? Prove me wrong. Did I expect the Bills to show up in any way and look like a team that had any desire to win in So Cal? No...BUT PROVE ME WRONG!

Look at Miami. Started 0-7, yet they show up week-after-week and give everybody a game. They make every team they line up against them and earn everything. A team that was virutally out of playoff contention even before it saw its first win will play the Bills Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and will outclass the Bills yet again. This isn't sheer pessimism, its a fact. Miami has heart, Miami probably start a QB on Sunday that the Bills know all too well, J.P. Losman, and the dreadful Bills defense will make THIS Bills outcast look like Aaron Rodgers, just as the Bills offensive line made Aaron Maybin look like Bruce Smith...Prove me wrong.

The following week, the Bills defense will make Tim Tebow look like the second coming of Steve Young...Prove me wrong.

To finish things up in this nightmare of a tailspin of a season, Buffalo will travel to Foxborough, where they haven't won in...well, forever, and Brady will look like Brady (if he plays), or Ryan Mallet and/or Brian Hoyer will look like...well, Tom Brady. Prove me wrong...

But the thing is, even if you DO prove me wrong, sorry Bills, but I won't be watching the remaining three games this season. I've watched my final play this season as a Bills fan. I've watched for the last time this year, Ryan Fitzpatrick walk back to the bench with this awesome, completely lost, deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and his ho-hum look afterwards, knowing he's still getting paid for his aweful play. I've watched, for the last time this year the following: Stevie Johnson celebrating a catch when his team is three scores down, an underachieving defense coached by who is probably the worst defesive coordinator ever, and, who by the way, if the Bills wish to sell significant amounts of season tickets next season, had better be fired immediately following the season. A running back who Buddy Nix felt had to be selected like he was stealing something with the 9th pick in the draft, obtain 1.9 yds per carry.

See you next year...

:w00t:

Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

I am 3 weeks ahead of you. I even forgot what time they played last Sunday. Further....there are 4 seats in section 132 that will be available next year. I am a lifer and I am DONE. When the Bills put a good product on the field, I will return.

As they say......it's nothing personal, it's a business.

I am 3 weeks ahead of you. I even forgot what time they played last Sunday. Further....there are 4 seats in section 132 that will be available next year. I am a lifer and I am DONE. When the Bills put a good product on the field, I will return.

As they say......it's nothing personal, it's a business.

I got that beat...

With RW as owner the only thing this man is 100% committed to is selling out his stadium and making a profit. He has made some feeble attempts to make his team competitive over the years, but for the most part if the games are sold out, and he makes money he is clearly content.

So, until this owner decides to spend money to hire a real HC, a real GM and replace himself as president with someone that actually has some football acumen, I refuse to attend games or buy merchandise....and have since 1999

I'm working on something. Did you get any Omaha steak and wine samples last game?

Nope...bummed but I couldn't make it up for that game. The Omaha Steak/wine sampler invite almost made me say 'f!ck it' and drive 8 hrs to get there. Your lot has been rockin' the times I have been there this year.

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem. Failing to support the Bills by not attending games, is a self destructive over reaction to the problem of not winning. This franchise will win again. i share everyones frustration in losing, it sucks, but losing the team thru relocation to another city will be a thousand times worse.

#1- including Toronto, the Bills are the 4th Largest NFL Market. this is a very desirable franchise.

#2- the ONLY thing that would cause the Future owner of the Bills to consider leaving Buffalo is poor attendance.

#3- possesion is 9/10th's of law, it's our franchise to lose.

"Cutting off the nose to spite the face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem. Failing to support the Bills by not attending games, is a self destructive over reaction to the problem of not winning. This franchise will win again. i share everyones frustration in losing, it sucks, but losing the team thru relocation to another city will be a thousand times worse.

#1- including Toronto, the Bills are the 4th Largest NFL Market. this is a very desirable franchise.

#2- the ONLY thing that would cause the Future owner of the Bills to consider leaving Buffalo is poor attendance.

#3- possesion is 9/10th's of law, it's our franchise to lose.

Ahhhhh. It's been a while since I've seen a "better buy seasons or the team will move" post.

Mr. Brandon, you have been sleeping on the job!

:w00t:

Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out.

He's probably leaving because the baby's due date keeps getting delayed.

Ahhhhh. It's been a while since I've seen a "better buy seasons or the team will move" post.

Mr. Brandon, you have been sleeping on the job!

Brandon's doing a heckuva job so far. 41M profit in 2010 despite being one of the league's smallest franchises and losing 20% of their season ticket base. I'm sure Littmann's proud too.

What took you so long..? I stopped watching in like week 6.

LOL, I've been had the games on and off through out the day. Things gotta get done and Sunday has since become the day to do it. Good luck Bills though I guess, but how much luck do they really have, having a ton of starters on IR and playing a bunch of people who don't really belong in the NFL... Hence 5-11 :(