Perry Fewell for Defensive Coordinator in 2012????

Talk in New York is a possible firing of Tom Coughlin but theres a more likely chance that Perry Fewell will likely take the fall. This makes me wonder if you would want him back as DC?

I say YES! Look at his defenses.... Nothing spectacular but decent and his talent level is either less or equal to this teams.... And we all know we good this team is. It appeared the Perry did not leave on bad terms with Ralph, and Ralph would be way more comfortable hiring someone who he already knows. Chances are that Perry will not likely find another NFL team to coach as DC so I think this I've could be a win-win for all involved.

The Bills are not that far behind, think of it this way, in the beginning of the year did you think that all but one of our draft picks would have played and had actual snaps in a game? Jasper the only one who didn't see time and he was a free pick (COMPENSATORY)

What about the Jaguars interim head coach, Mel Tucker? He was DC of the 4th ranked NFL defense with Poz at MLB before he became interim HC. Maybe they hire a new coach and he brings in his own guys and the interim Tuker is out on his a$$ ala Perry Fewell. I'd take him over Perry. Or, how about Jack Del Rio for DC. We've already seen what Perry can do and while he's better than Edwards, our Ds were still not that great.

That said, Perry's Ds had us middle of the pack in points allowed as opposed to 24th in 2010 and 26th in 2011 under "Coach" Edwards.

Giving Dave Wannstedt who was a SB winning DC the keys to the defense probably makes the most sense to me though. Just make him the DC and improve the talent a little and I think we'd be good to go.

Perry's Giants are 28th in points allowed and 29th in yards allowed this year. The Bills are 26th and 22nd in the same categories.

Fewell had 5 years in Buffalo to show what he can do- his defenses were mediocre at best to downright awful.

COACHING

D-plus -- There's not much more that can be said for the defensive staff. The Bills are making far too many mental mistakes and compounding it with physical ones like blowing coverages or missing tackles, and part of that has to fall on the staff. As for the scheme, the Bills are starting four rookies, so they are limited in what they can do. On offense, Gailey stopped calling running plays in the second half, which made no sense, and on the penultimate drive that resulted in a touchdown, he should have been no-huddling all the way but didn't, and it took the Bills six minutes to score.

Fat old grump Wade Phillips would turn this defense around....I think he'd rather give up Texas barbecues and fast food than even work for Ralph Wilson again though! Sadly he left on very bad terms

Chances are, Ralph can't remember, so why not?

Wade could at least get us to 8-8.

Talk in New York is a possible firing of Tom Coughlin but theres a more likely chance that Perry Fewell will likely take the fall. This makes me wonder if you would want him back as DC?

I say YES! Look at his defenses.... Nothing spectacular but decent and his talent level is either less or equal to this teams.... And we all know we good this team is. It appeared the Perry did not leave on bad terms with Ralph, and Ralph would be way more comfortable hiring someone who he already knows. Chances are that Perry will not likely find another NFL team to coach as DC so I think this I've could be a win-win for all involved.

I don't know one instance that the Bills have ever brought back a coach besides Lou Saban . But that being said do you really think that with Wanstadt sitting in the wings with his resume that Fewell or any one else has a chance before him ???? :blink: NOT !!!