Fight On My Men

MavBavButav

When we inevitably get to THIS point of the season, when all hope is gone, I think to myself: Did George Washington quit when the British kept beating him? Did Frodo quit when everyone but Sam had forsaken him? Did that surfer chick quit when she got her arm bitten off by a shark? Do cats quit on life even though they have all these extra lives? Did Rocky Balboa quit when he had to fight that jacked Russian? Then I remember that I left some chicken on the grill and if I don't flip it over, it's gonna burn!

Too bad Marv was an over-rated, useless babysitter of a head coach that couldn't keep his players from going out until 6am in the morning of the biggest 4 games of thier lives. They showed up half drunk, coked out of thier minds still stinking of hooker sweat from the nights before. He took one of the most talented teams in NFL history and proved that he couldn't coach. I don't even want to get started on how much of a joke he was as an NFL GM. Quoting old war stories and historical events doesn't make you any good. Average at best maybe.

Edited by mrags

When we inevitably get to THIS point of the season, when all hope is gone, I think to myself: Did George Washington quit when the British kept beating him? Did Frodo quit when everyone but Sam had forsaken him? Did that surfer chick quit when she got her arm bitten off by a shark? Do cats quit on life even though they have all these extra lives? Did Rocky Balboa quit when he had to fight that jacked Russian? Then I remember that I left some chicken on the grill and if I don't flip it over, it's gonna burn!

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

so deep

Too bad Marv was an over-rated, useless babysitter of a head coach that couldn't keep his players from going out until 6am in the morning of the biggest 4 games of thier lives. They showed up half drunk, coked out of thier minds still stinking of hooker sweat from the nights before. He took one of the most talented teams in NFL history and proved that he couldn't coach. I don't even want to get started on how much of a joke he was as an NFL GM. Quoting old war stories and historical events doesn't make you any good. Average at best maybe.

That's not on Marv. Not by a long shot.

Marv is certainly deserving of criticism and perhaps even Rich Kotite could have gotten that squad to four consecutive SBs, but immature behavior on the part of the players is an individual responsibility. It's what Marv meant by "football character".

GO BILLS!!!

That's not on Marv. Not by a long shot.

Marv is certainly deserving of criticism and perhaps even Rich Kotite could have gotten that squad to four consecutive SBs, but immature behavior on the part of the players is an individual responsibility. It's what Marv meant by "football character".

GO BILLS!!!

Marv was the head coach and unquestioned leader of those teams and he allowed his players to do anything they wanted with no recourse. He was a glorified babysitter and a bad one. Kelly almost single handedly ran the offense while calling plays on the field much to how Manning does today (well, until this year). The defense was as close to dominant as it's ever been in Buffalo. They sure didn't need help. There were so many HOFers on those teams only Dick Jauron couldn't have won with them in a regular basis.

Kelly

Smith

Lofton

Hull

Thomas

Honerable mentions to Reed, Tasker, Bennet, Talley, Ballard who all at the very least deserve to be on the HOF ballot until somebody finally grants them entrance.

"The Bickering Bills" is what they were called and it's no secret they were out almost every night downtown. Drunk out of thier minds and coked up almost every day. Hell, Kelly enjoyed it so much he owned his own bar downtown. Only a truly clueless coach would allow that type of shenanigans nowdays. I put full blame inarv for not winning a single SB. All the talent in the world, one of the most high powered teams in the history of the game, able to make it to 4 straight but outcoached in every single one.

Thanks Marv, enjoy you gold jacket you fake.

Nothing were not used to. It's that time of year when all we have is that shred of hope us Bills fans have been holding onto for decades. Thnking back as ugly as things have gotten we usually pull off a few surprises this time a year. Miami in Dec at our house...The Ralph will be shaking, the snow will fall and the Bills will win..WHEN IT'S TOO TOUGH FOR THEM...IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!!

Nothing were not used to. It's that time of year when all we have is that shred of hope us Bills fans have been holding onto for decades. Thnking back as ugly as things have gotten we usually pull off a few surprises this time a year. Miami in Dec at our house...The Ralph will be shaking, the snow will fall and the Bills will win..WHEN IT'S TOO TOUGH FOR THEM...IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!!

Hooray! a win! 6-10!