Epic turnaround or continued free falling?

C'mon guys...with Spiller at RB?

With that horrid sieve of a defense, being setup and called by someone who wasn't ready to be a DC.

with truckload of starters on IR...

Fitz is good, but he can't play every position

PS ....Chris Johnson ran for 190 yards against the Buc's last week...what will he do against the bills?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we beat the Titans (the best of our next 4 opponents), and get to 6-6 and then see.

I think each of the next four games is winnable, but each coin toss could also come up heads and getting four heads in a row is a 1 in 16 shot. But I think we can win this week, and then see about next week.

We also need things to clear up with Baltimore and Houston so that the Patriots can take off the final week to make that game winnable and make things interesting.

I don't see who is a lock between Cincy and the Jets to get to 10-6, and we will have tie breakers over Tenn and Denver if we win out. So we are completely alive if we win one game at a time. But that is the hard part, because Tennessee will be a tough opponent for us.

I think it is crucial for us to win, get back to .500, and keep playoff scenarios alive for another week. I don't think this team has much of a shot of making the playoffs, but being able to be in the hunt one more week is important for the players. I would love for us to at least have playoff scenarios in the last couple weeks instead of being officially eliminated, whether we make the playoffs or not.

Go Bills!

The way the AFC is shaping up, a 5-0 finish might not be enough to make the playoffs.

And if we aren't going to make the playoffs (AGAIN), then why not hope for a higher draft pick?

We are 3 games behind New England for the division lead. If we win out, the Patriots would still have to lose three more games for us to take the division - including another one against us in Foxboro. New England's remaining schedule is one of the easiest in the NFL (Indianapois, Washington, Denver, Miami, Buffalo). The chances of the Patriots losing the AFC East are slim and none.

Which means that we have to focus on getting a wildcard. Also not good odds...

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are both 8-3. Cincinnati is 7-4 and holds the tiebreaker over us. That means all three teams are 3 games ahead of us, with only 5 remaining.

And if we aren't going to make the playoffs (AGAIN), then why not hope for a higher draft pick?

We are 3 games behind New England for the division lead. If we win out, the Patriots would still have to lose three more games for us to take the division - including another one against us in Foxboro. New England's remaining schedule is one of the easiest in the NFL (Indianapois, Washington, Denver, Miami, Buffalo). The chances of the Patriots losing the AFC East are slim and none.

Which means that we have to focus on getting a wildcard. Also not good odds...

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are both 8-3. Cincinnati is 7-4 and holds the tiebreaker over us. That means all three teams are 3 games ahead of us, with only 5 remaining.

We need Cincinnati to go 2-3 to pass them for the #6, and that is not all that unlikely. Mostly we need for them to go 2-2 to have a chance going into the final day. They have the Steelers and the Texans the next two, so that isn't too crazy. We also need the Jets to go 3-2, and that's less likely (but again, they can be 3-1 into the last game to give us a chance). We don't care about Baltimore or Pittsburgh both of whom we won't catch, and we don't care about the Pats who we won't catch.

But one game at a time, and if we win this week, and the Bengals lose to the Steelers, we are one step closer and things get one step more likely.

The "why not hope for a higher draft pick" is fun for the fan who does a million mock drafts, but winning football games has for the 35 guys who will be back next year matters more than sliding up a few slots for the 7 new guys, especially when we are talking about the 8-20 range that we are. Wins matter more towards winning, and rooting for losses unless it will knock you out of the #1 slot is pretty self defeating.

Both teams are also 5-6.

I'm not the only SU Orange & Buffalo Bills fan here in Syracuse whom sees many similarities between these two teams. Season after season.

The Orange play Pittsburgh tomorrow while the Bills play Tennessee on Sunday.

Likely that both teams will lose five in a row by the end of this weekend.

Ad they'll both be 5-7.

Sucks!

Edited by PearlHowardman

Miracles do happen. Somebody in the face of negativity and despair must say it - THE BILLS WILL WIN 5 in a ROW and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

I don't care if you don't believe it, just say it. The power of positive thinking!

Ok carry on.

I would love 5-0 but I do not seee the spark in this team anymore.

Injuries and lack of depth will be the story of the season.

Last weeks game against the Jets looks to be the summary of the season. Not enough gas in the tank. No Freddie, no Kyle, no pass rush, limited blockers, few viable NFL targets.

We need Buddy to be a proactive GM and fill some holes.

I would love 5-0 but I do not seee the spark in this team anymore.

Injuries and lack of depth will be the story of the season.

Last weeks game against the Jets looks to be the summary of the season. Not enough gas in the tank. No Freddie, no Kyle, no pass rush, limited blockers, few viable NFL targets.

We need Buddy to be a proactive GM and fill some holes.

I couldn't disagree more. I was at the game last week and there was a lot of spark in this team.

The effort was there and the Bills should have won. Remember they were playing the Jets, who match up well against the Bills, in NJ. My opinion is if they play like last week, at least 4 of the games are winnable and if the Patriots are not playing for anything in week 17, who knows.

Sure it would take some breaks, but I wouldn't bet against it.