Epic turnaround or continued free falling?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think playoffs odds are pretty high if we go 10-6. It is conceivable for us to make it even at 9-7, although that is unlikely.

Basically we have to assume either Pittsburgh or Baltimore will get a Wild Card Slot. That leaves ONE more spot.

So, first things first, we need to pass the Jets for 2nd place in the Division. The Jets have an easy Schedule, so we need them to start losing Now. Big Game for them against the Redskins this week. Then they have to play KC, Phi, NYG and MIA.

Cincinatti is also problamatic. We need them to lose both games against PIT/BAL, and at least one more game (HOU, STL, ARZ)

I think thats about it. I was worried about Tennessee, but when we beat them this weekend, we will have a tiebreaker over them. Same with Denver.

Bottom line, the previous poster was right. We need to win out...Jets need to lose 2/5. Cincinatti needs to lose 3/5. I think the ladder two are likely to occur...the former is the bigger obstacle.

SU lose to Pittsburgh 33-20!

:wallbash:

It's not all doom-and-gloom for football fanatics in Orchard Park, New York.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/high-schools/article651187.ece

Orchard Park beats Newburgh for second state title

Anderson interception clinches 21-13 win over Newburgh in AA final

Updated: November 27, 2011, 11:47 PM

SYRACUSE -- All season long, Orchard Park senior James Fitzgerald has wondered aloud about how his Quakers' offense, with a strong running game, a strong passing game and his "Big Cat" wildcat formation, could be stopped.

Now he -- and everyone else -- knows the answer: It couldn't.

Orchard Park completed a perfect 13-0 season as it won its second state title, holding on to the very last play to beat Newburgh, 21-13, in the New York Public High School Athletic Association Class AA championship Sunday evening at the Carrier Dome.

An estimated 2,500 watched OP win its second title in four years as it built a 21-0 lead in the fourth quarter. The Quakers then survived the Goldbacks' comeback attempt, and they only joined the 2008 OP team as state champions when senior Okoya Anderson intercepted a Hail Mary pass in the end zone on the final play of the game.

"You can't put this thing in words, you can't do it," Fitzgerald said. "It's unbelievable. ... I couldn't even breathe at the end of the game.

"It just shows you how many weapons we have. They take away Okoya, David can throw the ball or we bring in the Big Cat. It just shows we are a true state champion."

:thumbsup:

No games scare me in December....

Not the Chargers, Nor Denver, Dophlins or even the Titans this week....

I can see 9-6 going into the final game with the Pats....

I'm telling you Fitz is in a zone right now and with his confidence, he can carry the entire team

And this isn't a play-off scenario post.... I just see Fitz putting this team on his back

I want what your on...Dolphins dominated us, Denver has a stout defense and Fitz usually is horrid against good defenses. Unless the pats rest there starters it is Doubtful that Brady will throw 4 interceptions to us again.

What zone is Fitz in right now??? The I lost the last 4 games zone???

Both the SU Orange football team and the Buffalo Bills started out at 5-2, as well.

(This is for my original post: SU Orange And Buffalo Bills are Both 5-6. But the board mods felt my topic should be dovetailed under this topic. It's no wonder there's so much turnover in posters here. All of the original posters who were here when I first registered are gone. I don't wonder why.)

No games scare me in December....

Not the Chargers, Nor Denver, Dophlins or even the Titans this week....

I can see 9-6 going into the final game with the Pats....

I'm telling you Fitz is in a zone right now and with his confidence, he can carry the entire team

And this isn't a play-off scenario post.... I just see Fitz putting this team on his back

Well will probably go 2-2 and be out again :bag:

You guys keep complaining about our QB, coach, GM, almost anything there is to complain about. Well, if you really look back, watch some of the games, you start to realize this offense has been pretty damn good this year ( minus a couple games ).

Fitz has played well enough this year that he is now our guy for the next 3-6 years at least. We've seen the emergence of guys like Chandler, Aaron Williams, O-line as a whole, Spiller, George Wilson. A couple plays go our way, we're probably sitting at 8-4 right now, but hey, life doesn't always work like that.

So this brings me to my point. I know this is gonna be the 12th year without any playoffs. But I feel something special coming. I really do. Although a lot of things haven't gone our way the last month, I have seen a lot of good, positive things from this team this year. I want our guys to go out there the next four weeks, and prove to all the doubters that this will be a good team for years to come.

Gailey is not the problem. Fitz is FAR from the problem. The biggest problem right now are injuries, Pass rushers, and George Edwards. Stop blowing things out of proportion Bills fans. I know it's been a crappy 5 weeks for all of us, and it has seemed to take things out of perspective. Before the injuries, this team seemed like an AFC contender. But hey, it's life, sh*t happens.

Let's end this year on a positive note, going into the offseason. With a solid offseason, I billieve this team can not only make it to the playoffs, but make a run as well. Good night Bills fans!

Go Bills!