Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

I am one that thought we would improve over last year but I did not have play offs pensiled in.Why you ask.The fact that I knew we would have an extrodinary number of rookies and second year men starting.It is unrealistic to expect that all those new men could play like rookies of the year.

I thought that we would most likely be a 6-10 team but I never expected us to be playing without 3 of our best players on both sides of the line.

I really think that with the injury situation it would be over achiving to win 2 more games at this point.

Anybody that thinks we could be much better than we are with 3/4 of our very best players sitting on the sideline is in a dream world .

The only good thing about this year is that our first and second year players are getting something you can't buy,,,,experience.

As far as the future goes,I think another good draft by our much improved new scouting dept and GM puts us into a situation we haven't been in in a long long time.I think Buddy has been a God send and I think he has been one of the best wee've had since Polian.It would have been amazing if he only got us a Good O-line in one year considering the poor O-lines we have had for far too long but he has done a lot more.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is not over even though Bills are almost guarenteed to not make the post season. However it has been surprising and a lot more fun than last season. I never thought the Bills would get out of the gate like they did. Got a little giddy like a lot of posters here. But at the beginning of the year I figured 8-8 to 9-7 at the very best. So no I'm not admitting anything yet. Be at Stingers Sunday morning with a bloody mary and breakfast and won't miss a minute of the game. :beer:

Edited by SactoBillFan

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

:thumbsup: All true.

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

Season is not over.

F

At least you beat New England. The NFL likes to see parody parity.

Wait a second, we have an opportunity for some soul improvement via correcting errors here! How about YOU be honest with us first? How about you admit that your expectations were 6-10 at best?

Consider: the only way one could be "disappointed" was if they expected more than 5-12/6-10 this year, as being 1-15 wouldn't really matter-->they expected to suck. Disappointment depends on expecting to make the playoffs/be 10-6 or so, and then sucking instead. The contrapositive is therefore also true: the only way you could be right, that this team is a bunch of losers, is if your expectations, of ~6-10, end up being correct. Being "right" about this team sucking means they have to finish 6-10.

As neither has occurred, it's ridiculous for anybody to draw sweeping conclusions about Ralph, Buddy, Chan, Fitz or anybody.

Here's what is true:

1. This team is nowhere near as bad as people said it was in preseason. They will never be right about their predictions and the aspersions they cast on the owner, manager, and coach. It's over. Own it. Fitz is a good QB, and you have to own that too.

2. This team is nowhere near ready to be a consistent playoff team.

3. We really don't know where this team is yet.

4. We need depth.

5. We need another solid draft. We need some key FAs. This crew has already proven they know how to pick players, they need to continue.

6. We need to have a season where we don't lose so many key players to injury. We can lose 1-2 but not this many. We simply cannot know how well our team is being owned, managed, coached with this many injured players.

I wish dumbass Mularkey hadn't fired our strength and conditioning coach who was immediately scooped up by Chicago. We have been paying a heavy price ever since.

This past game I was as proud of this team as I have been since 2000. They played hard, they didn't quit, and they were in a game they probably should have had no business being in given the talent level they could field. That's good coaching, period. That's good leadership, period.

F

Are you still going to fight half the Shoutbox?

You guys are crazy... Apparently you're happy with the "rebuilding process" lasting 10 years?

Heavens to Betsy!! Has it been 10 years already!?

Boy, it seems like just two years ago Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix were hired to rebuild this team.

And to think, an entire decade has passed me by. SHUCKS!

You guys are crazy... Apparently you're happy with the "rebuilding process" lasting 10 years?

What's the alternative? What difference does it make if we say this season is "disappointing" or "unacceptable" or any other description you might want to throw out there? How worked up can you really get about it after 10+ years of no playoffs?

Me, I'm going to continue to watch the team and enjoy the games where they do well. When they don't, oh well, life goes on.

You're right, most teams can recover from losing their

starting OLB

starting Pro Bowl NT

starting RB, #3 in the league rusher

starting OC

starting LT

backup LT

#2 CB

#2 WR

#3 WR

preseason #2 WR

It's unbelievable that they've fallen so far with just a few minor injuries.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Not to mention our automatic-from-under-40-yards FG kicker.

Try 2 years. It's taken that long just to get rid of all the crap that Jauron stockpiled (Edwards, Lynch, Whitner, Evans, McCargo, Maybin, etc, etc)

Again, it's not our fault you thought the team was going to the Super Bowl after the Pats game.

F

So if you are so disappointed with the Bills, maybe u need a change of team. They have played their hearts out this season. I still support them no matter what. It is like supporting your children even when they fail. And believe me I do not have a losing attitude. It is you that has a give up mentality.