LAMP-"Hun, I just like a bad team"

After 21 years of fanhood, that's pretty much my answer.

"Hun, I just like a bad team"

"Girls, I just like a bad team"

"Bill (my dog), I just like a bad team" ruff ruff

My little girls do their cheering every week, but even that doesnt work.

I have been advised by fair weathered fans to pick another team....That will never work. After 21 years???? So at the end of the day, all I can say is, "I just like a bad team"

Dammit!!!!!! I really dont think this will ever change either.

for all the old timers, what has helped you remain a fan?

ps This is not negative nancy, im normally positive peter. this post is coming from realistic rick.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning my wife equated my endless journey to nowhere as a Bills fan to my endless voyage to nowhere professionally

she said wha????

man thats a low blow

Isn't there a Lady Gaga song about this?

yeah, its number 6,033 on top 40 hit list

oh and i didnt know she also had a dog named bill. no wonder i like her

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

After 21 years of fanhood, that's pretty much my answer.

"Hun, I just like a bad team"

"Girls, I just like a bad team"

"Bill (my dog), I just like a bad team" ruff ruff

My little girls do their cheering every week, but even that doesnt work.

I have been advised by fair weathered fans to pick another team....That will never work. After 21 years???? So at the end of the day, all I can say is, "I just like a bad team"

Dammit!!!!!! I really dont think this will ever change either.

for all the old timers, what has helped you remain a fan?

ps This is not negative nancy, im normally positive peter. this post is coming from realistic rick.

You asked us old timers what helps us remain fans......well, there is always that hope, there's always next year and there is always that deep down inside passion about this area that we'd like to be a winner, just one time.

You asked us old timers what helps us remain fans......well, there is always that hope, there's always next year (WHERE WE WILL SAY THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR)and there is always that deep down inside passion about this area that we'd like to be a winner, just one time.

fixed

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

You asked us old timers what helps us remain fans......well, there is always that hope, there's always next year and there is always that deep down inside passion about this area that we'd like to be a winner, just one time.

This sums it up nicely for me, too. I am not asking for a dynasty. I would like one Super Bowl win, and then the team can implode the following season. Whatever.

I have been a Bills fan since we played football in the street, pretending to be Jack Kemp and Elbert Dubenion, about 45 years ago.

How to remain a fan when you know you are going to be kicked in the cajones shortly after the season begins each year?

Hopefully, you learn to invest less emotion in the team as time goes on. It used to be painful when the Bills lost one of those gut-wrenching losses. Now I just take it as something I can not control, so I try not to get too up or down about it.

On the bright side, Bills fans did not have to start thinking about the next draft until late November this year, while normally early October brings Bills fans visions of draftable sugar plums dancing in our heads.

So, happy holidays!

We were Fergie ander OJ in the streets when I was a kid. What keeps me going? The draft and to a much lesser extent free agency. So basically by the last quarter of the season through April I have hope for future until the actual picks are made and F/As signed, then its mostly downhill from there. Throw in bonus hope for new coach every 3 years. Though I am amazed at the job Chan has done with an offense of Ryan Fitzpatrick, and bunch of F/As at WR and on the line.

One of my daughters says to me after the Bills game yesterday. Dad, why do all the teams you like suck (Bills, Warriors, A's, Sabres)? What can you say to that besides, I'm blessed in so many areas in life...to even things out, I've been punished by the selection of my sports teams. Not fun being a sports fan the past....two decades, if not longer.

In my case it has been a "family" event. We used to go the Rockpile and then on to Rich Stadium as a family. Now that I live out of the area, my Dad, my brothers and I have weekly phone conversations and the Bills always come up. My 19 year old son is a Bills fan (even though he was born and raised in Toledo). It is funny how over the years he will ask questions like "Dad, why do the Bills always suck?".

I honestly don't know why I remain so loyal to them. If I can't go to a game I watch it on Direct TV and never miss a game. I have become more relaxed as they disappoint year after year. Years ago my Dad made a very simple comment that has stayed with me... "Son, there is more to life than the Buffalo Bills".