Disappointed Yet Satisfied

NastyMan

This was the first game I have missed watching this year. I usually miss one or two when military duty calls, but I did get a chance to listen to this game on the radio. As I listened I could tell the Bills played hard and it came down to the end. The reason why I say disappointed yet statisfied is because I am disappointed the Bills lost, especially to the Jets in New Jersey (That would have been a great win). In a way to me it was a win, it's the first time in 5 games against the Jets we didn't get bullied all around the field. So cudos to the Bills. The thing that bothers me after seeing the replay is, how could Johnson miss that ball. The radio guys made it sound like he wouldn't have made it into the endzone but it would have been a nice gain, I think after seeing it, it was a touch down all the way. Very disappointed he didn't catch it, reminds me of last year against the Steelers. But in retrospect if he did catch it we would have been looking at another big payday for another player, but now Johnson blew it and will come at a cheaper price and I wont even be mad if he leaves and we get a true Number 1 reciever for Fitz. And i am not so mad we lost because we really need more talent and I would much rather sacrafice this year for next years draft. We just need more talent bottom line. But I for one like what this team is doing on the field and can't wait to see them next year with another top 10 draft pick Williams, Jackson, Wood, Bell, and Shawne back. And Edwards gone as D coordinator......

This was the first game I have missed watching this year. I usually miss one or two when military duty calls, but I did get a chance to listen to this game on the radio. As I listened I could tell the Bills played hard and it came down to the end. The reason why I say disappointed yet statisfied is because I am disappointed the Bills lost, especially to the Jets in New Jersey (That would have been a great win). In a way to me it was a win, it's the first time in 5 games against the Jets we didn't get bullied all around the field. So cudos to the Bills. The thing that bothers me after seeing the replay is, how could Johnson miss that ball. The radio guys made it sound like he wouldn't have made it into the endzone but it would have been a nice gain, I think after seeing it, it was a touch down all the way. Very disappointed he didn't catch it, reminds me of last year against the Steelers. But in retrospect if he did catch it we would have been looking at another big payday for another player, but now Johnson blew it and will come at a cheaper price and I wont even be mad if he leaves and we get a true Number 1 reciever for Fitz. And i am not so mad we lost because we really need more talent and I would much rather sacrafice this year for next years draft. We just need more talent bottom line. But I for one like what this team is doing on the field and can't wait to see them next year with another top 10 draft pick Williams, Jackson, Wood, Bell, and Shawne back. And Edwards gone as D coordinator......

No offense man - you seem like a nice guy and god bless you for serving in the military but you can't possibly be "satisfied" with that loss. In my opinion, this is what's wrong with fans of this franchise.

Do you think that this Bills act would fly in a market like New York? NO! Take a Mark Sanchez, he won the game and still ended up getting boo'ed several times. I admire your optimism, but can't say that I am satisfied with the outcome of the game. In my opinion, it epitomizes what's wrong with this franchise. Also your thinking about Stevie is very flawed.

Also, what makes you think that Buddy Nix can draft well? It has yet to be seen in his tenure as GM....or even as his tenure as a Bills scout which dates back to about five years ago or so

Let's see if they can grow from this effort. Great game, just a few bad breaks or they would of pulled of a great upset.

Fitz is the "real deal" at qb. Just have to have WR hold on to more catches.

They really are not that far off from being a solid contender.

Obviously disappointed. But the last three weeks were awful. I was worried that the team would never even be competitive again this year. I am relieved that they were competitive. Nobody wants the whole "coach has lost the locker room" drama. This coach isn't going to get fired, and the team is stuck with each other. The fact that they came together and played like a team is a little bit of a relief. The game was exciting and had me on the edge of my seat. That is worth something. Any realistic belief that this team would make the playoffs died about two weeks ago. Football is entertainment. This game was entertaining.

No offense man - you seem like a nice guy and god bless you for serving in the military but you can't possibly be "satisfied" with that loss. In my opinion, this is what's wrong with fans of this franchise.

Do you think that this Bills act would fly in a market like New York? NO! Take a Mark Sanchez, he won the game and still ended up getting boo'ed several times. I admire your optimism, but can't say that I am satisfied with the outcome of the game. In my opinion, it epitomizes what's wrong with this franchise. Also your thinking about Stevie is very flawed.

Also, what makes you think that Buddy Nix can draft well? It has yet to be seen in his tenure as GM....or even as his tenure as a Bills scout which dates back to about five years ago or so

Well it was better then the Bills lying down and letting the Jets run all over us like the last 5 meetings. I thought that is what was going to happen after the first TD by the Jets in the second half after we went three and out. But the Bills fought back. Bottom line is your right I shouldnt be satisfied becaseu I want to win as much as anyone, and we should have won if Johnson would have caught that ball right in his hands. I like stevie, i like his fire, they way he makes it entertaining, but he is no #1 reciever.

Obviously disappointed. But the last three weeks were awful. I was worried that the team would never even be competitive again this year. I am relieved that they were competitive. Nobody wants the whole "coach has lost the locker room" drama. This coach isn't going to get fired, and the team is stuck with each other. The fact that they came together and played like a team is a little bit of a relief. The game was exciting and had me on the edge of my seat. That is worth something. Any realistic belief that this team would make the playoffs died about two weeks ago. Football is entertainment. This game was entertaining.

+1

Agreed with the OP

Considering all the major injuries AND how crappy and non-physical they played the last 4 games AND how the Jets are not that banged up AND how they had 10 days to prep for the Bills AND how the Jets were at home, I'd say it was a pretty damn good effort. Big picture thinking here. I understand that's not possible for some fans and that's their prerogative.

+1

Agreed with the OP

Considering all the major injuries AND how crappy and non-physical they played the last 4 games AND how the Jets are not that banged up AND how they had 10 days to prep for the Bills AND how the Jets were at home, I'd say it was a pretty damn good effort. Big picture thinking here. I understand that's not possible for some fans and that's their prerogative.

belinda

No playoffs this season, but I want to see this sort of effort, and fewer bonehead mistakes, in the rest of their games.

I also will be watching to see how the young players and rookies who are playing--and there are a lot of them--work out. I want to see them improve. I would think the game experience is going to stand them in good stead for next season.

I want another good draft (in my opinion this year's draft has some good players and potential to get better as the rookies improve), some smart free agent acquisitions and above all A PASS RUSH. If most of the injured are able to return in good shape, the team will be better next year than this, and should make a serious run at the post season.

The Bills would have won at least two more games this season if they could get some heat on the opposing quarterbacks. Sanchez played a completely erratic game, but had little pressure. Put some heat on him and he would have thrown four interceptions, not four touchdowns.

I don't care how they get it--next season I want to see them in the face of every quarterback they play.

Oh yes--I want Chan Gailey to tattoo on the inside of Stevie Johnson's eyelids that if Stevie ever commits a penalty for excessive celebration again, he will drown him in a trash barrel full of gatorade.