The 5 Why's:

BillsVet

Problem: Buffalo has not been talented enough to win enough games during this or any season in 12 seasons.

1. Why? Because their draft and UFA acquisition record has been terrible.

2. Why? Because the team cannot attract better GM/front office candidates to find the talent necessary to sustain a good teams.

3. Why? Because no one better qualified to be a GM/front office type will take the responsibility of working for RW and Littman.

4. Why? Because RW/Littman will not commit the resources (budget and relinquishing of personnel authority) to ever make the Bills successful in an ultra-competitive league.

5. Why? Because the team has always been treated like a toy for the express purpose of being a revenue source for the owner. And so the team is run to maximize profit, even if it comes at the expense of rebuilding into a winning team.

Then again, the plan all along seems to be to rely on luck for success. They're going to need a lot of it to overcome the self-imposed obstacles this team has.

Problem: Buffalo has not been talented enough to win enough games during this or any season in 12 seasons.

1. Why? Because their draft and UFA acquisition record has been terrible.

2. Why? Because the team cannot attract better GM/front office candidates to find the talent necessary to sustain a good teams.

3. Why? Because no one better qualified to be a GM/front office type will take the responsibility of working for RW and Littman.

4. Why? Because RW/Littman will not commit the resources (budget and relinquishing of personnel authority) to ever make the Bills successful in an ultra-competitive league.

5. Why? Because the team has always been treated like a toy for the express purpose of being a revenue source for the owner. And so the team is run to maximize profit, even if it comes at the expense of rebuilding into a winning team.

Then again, the plan all along seems to be to rely on luck for success. They're going to need a lot of it to overcome the self-imposed obstacles this team has.

Relax BV, Buddy needs one more draft and we're going to the Super Bowl! :bag:

Instant gratification is like crack once you get a little bit of gratification you want more & more but you want it right NOW !!!!!

Chill out !! The guys have only been here a year & a half , besides both Nix & Gailey have said we lack in depth as a team & with the injuries to key people in key places with the lack of depth what do you expect ?? :doh:

Give them a break - I suppose you could do better --- NOT :w00t: Your just another arm chair QB , week end warrior football fan that thinks he's a professional football guru & could fix it all in one year well wake up & smell the coffee !!

It takes more than one year to turn a team around & it's not just MONEY , it's chemistry not only on the field but with the coaches & assistants & front office to be a championship team .

Sure NE is a good team but they haven't been to the big game since they lost Cronell , Pioli , & Charlie . The Bills were still good when Pollian left ----- for a while so it's not just one or two guys it chemistry from top to bottom !! If it doesn't improve a bit each year then start making changes AGAIN but Whaley is in charge of the draft stuff now so give it more time Mr. Impatient !! ;)

they refuse to pay anyone whos a back up. except brad smith. i hated that use of free agency with so many glaring holes. i dont hate brad smith i actually think hes a valuable player to the right team. just not when there was so many other holes that they just didnt care about.

Buddy has stated that Mr wilson often asked the front office to sign free agnets and has been talked out of it by Buddy. I wonder if Buddy takes a swing at someone like vincent jackson this off season , or maybe a physical corner like t thomas .

Buddy also said he got 35 calls a day for the HC job. But if this is true, that the GM talked the owner out of spending, it makes me wonder who told RW not to spend previous to 2010.

I can simplify it for you. It starts and ends with RW. RW has only hired three credible people in the entire history of the organization. Those would be Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, and of course Bill Polian. Marv Levy and John Butler get honorable mentions. RW has managed to alienated the the only successful coaches or GM's in the organization's history. He is an absolute failure as a leader. He has no idea how to evaluate and retain top level talent.

There is ONE root cause for Buffalo's failures.....lack of pass rush and inability of keeping other teams from moving up and downt the field and scoring on us.

Fix those two things....and Buffalo wins....it is pretty much that simple.

Notice how the bills got a couple of stops in the last game....and while the bills did a 3 and out on their first series they found their rythum on the second and scored?

Its the defense man.....

I can simplify it for you. It starts and ends with RW. RW has only hired three credible people in the entire history of the organization. Those would be Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, and of course Bill Polian. Marv Levy and John Butler get honorable mentions. RW has managed to alienated the the only successful coaches or GM's in the organization's history. He is an absolute failure as a leader. He has no idea how to evaluate and retain top level talent.

Ralph actually hired 2 football people in 50 years who were in heavy demand when he hired them - Tom Donahue and Chuck Knox.

Marv's claim to fame was running the single wing in KC.

Polian and Butler were the cheap in house promotions that Ralph likes so well. He lucked out big time

The 49ers have the same basic roster as last year

Not sure that's true, Bender.

Key addtions on offense, Edwards at WR and Goodwin at C

Certainly not true of who they're starting on D - 2 diff. LB, moved an end to NT, the whole starting 2ndary is different

I haven't dug deep enough to tell how many of those players were actually on the roster point is the team taking the field has had a lot of change, esp on D

There is ONE root cause for Buffalo's failures.....lack of pass rush and inability of keeping other teams from moving up and downt the field and scoring on us.

Fix those two things....and Buffalo wins....it is pretty much that simple.

Notice how the bills got a couple of stops in the last game....and while the bills did a 3 and out on their first series they found their rythum on the second and scored?

Its the defense man.....

If you think the problem lies only at field level then there's nothing I can say.