FINALLY Somoene Is Putting It Out There

H2o

If the Jets had Fitz, they probably would have won last night and probably be 7-3 at least and in 1st. It amazes me that Rex sticks with Sanchez. But, his backup is 41 years old, so he is kindof stuck now. But I bet in the off season they make a change. I hope not, but don't see how they can't.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the jets beat us as a team. Along with help from the refs. By the way, Sanchez beating us doesn't make him great.So I'm confused. What are you saying?

I am saying that he did very well against us. 70+% completion if I remember correctly. He may suck but we suck so much on D that we even made him look like a very good QB. Sure the Jets beat us as a team but my point is that we Bills fans laugh at his incompetence when the Bills did little to slow him down.

Sanchez has one bad game on the road, short week, down to a 3rd-string RB and now he "sucks?"

He made one bad mistake, the defense (Tebow rush TD) and special teams (turnover) made the other two and the Jets lost by 4.

I don't think Sanchez is all that great but look what he's done in a very short career so far - 2009 (rookie) - led Jets to the playoffs, 2-1 playoff record (92.7 qb rating). 2010 - led Jets to playoffs, 2-1 playoff record, (95.5 qb rating).

Sanchez has one bad game on the road, short week, down to a 3rd-string RB and now he "sucks?"

He made one bad mistake, the defense (Tebow rush TD) and special teams (turnover) made the other two and the Jets lost by 4.

I don't think Sanchez is all that great but look what he's done in a very short career so far - 2009 (rookie) - led Jets to the playoffs, 2-1 playoff record (92.7 qb rating). 2010 - led Jets to playoffs, 2-1 playoff record, (95.5 qb rating).

The guy has been put in a situation that 95% of QB's would kill for in their first two years - elite OL, elite defense, elite running game. "Led them to the playoffs" - that's a good one - Bill Polian and his stubborness led them to the playoffs in year 1 - they were a 7-7 team that needed the Colts to forfeit a game just to make the playoffs (the previous year they were 9-3 before Favre's arm fell off). And now because the circumstances aren't perfect and their defense isn't pitching shutouts giving up a whopping 10 points <gasp>, he's a victim of a poor team....makes sense. :doh:

Edited by BuffOrange

I think he has really only had one strong performance all year -- unfortunately that was against the Bills. Yes, he has been in the right place at the right time. I have no doubt there are a bunch of other QBs the would make the Jets a better team. :thumbdown:

Regardless, for the Bills to beat the Jets, Sanchez or not, we have to stop/slow down their running game, force them to throw the ball, and do something with our own offense. if we can do that like the other teams that have beat them this year, we will have success. :thumbsup:

I think he has really only had one strong performance all year -- unfortunately that was against the Bills. Yes, he has been in the right place at the right time. I have no doubt there are a bunch of other QBs the would make the Jets a better team. :thumbdown:

Regardless, for the Bills to beat the Jets, Sanchez or not, we have to stop/slow down their running game, force them to throw the ball, and do something with our own offense. if we can do that like the other teams that have beat them this year, we will have success. :thumbsup:

Actually, all we have to do is get the offence scoring some points. 20-30 points against the Jets is pretty much all you need to score to beat them. Remember, as bad as the Bills played in the Last game, it was still a very close game of FG's until the second half when it became ugly. Build up a bit of a lead before the Half on a few scores and the Bills will win next week

As for Sanchez, I have said all along, him and romo are fighting for most overrated QB in the league (and I don't care that both just had great stats against the Bills these last few weeks, almost all QBs do). Sanchez didn't lead teh team for the last 2 years to the AFC championship game, he was just the starting QB of a team that was in those games. They made it there inspite of him, not because of him.

God are you that dumb or are you just trying to cause an arguement? The Jets offense scored 13 points & Sanchez threw a pick six that is where he is getting the 6 points from.

Sanchez sucks, I have been saying that since the moment the Jets drafted him. Could not even beat out John David Booty at SC when Carroll practically handed him the job in spring practices. With a top 10 qb, the jets are super bowl contenders. As it is now with Sanchez, they will probably miss the playoffs.

Sorry, but I got to agree with Joe on this, the jets offence scored 13 points, you don't take away points that they did score just because they threw an INT for a TD. They still were able to score 13 on the Broncos D

Still no reason to completely write the guy off - Jets have lost to NE twice, Baltimore, Denver last night and Oakland - all on the road. He's not bench-worthy yet.

They lost to NE twice on road? That is some BS unfair scheduling by the league. Somebody should look into this.

GO BILLS!!!

Still no reason to completely write the guy off - Jets have lost to NE twice, Baltimore, Denver last night and Oakland - all on the road. He's not bench-worthy yet.

I'm not saying write the guy off, but he is not as great as so many of the media make him out to be. He is average at best on a big market team, with a big mouth coach, and a very good defense. He's not even at the level of Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer who were SB winning game managers. They have excellent talent on offense all the way around him. Santonio, Plaxico, Keller, Greene, Tomlinson (albeit past his prime), a good OL, and he can't get it done. Yes, two AFC Title games in a row, but nothing along the way that really made you say wow or think it was on his back they made it there. I was impressed with his first half against the Titans in one game. I thought he had finally arrived, but he stunk it up the rest of the way. I'd take Fitz over Sanchez any day of the week.

Edited by H2o

I've never heard anyone in the media say that Sanchez is "great" - ever. He had a rough rookie year but last year I thought he showed some good poise in pulling out games late. And his playoff performances have been quite good. He's about average, he's young, he can still improve. I'm just not ready to say that he sucks completely just yet. Yeah, he sucked on one bad play last night; but the entire blame for the loss can't be on him. Nor should one game define his career.

All this psychodrama really needs to stop. -By that, I mean all the psychos on this board bringing the drama. Sancho led his team to TWO back to back AFC title games. This freekin kid can play. He may lack grit, but given the initial expectations some had of him, I'd say he's paid a fair dividend. I don't like Sancho because he's a Jet, and that's being honest. Saying that he SUCKS, however, is pushing it a little. He's only 25. He may be in a slump right now, but overall, he has much more of an upside, than our depressed, disheveled, 29 year old father of three. Our guy just got MILLIONS, and yet he walks around looking, behaving, and playing like some homeless person. Sure, Sanchez has lost a few games. At least he doesn't go out there and completely EMBARASS the organization that franchised him.

I've never heard anyone in the media say that Sanchez is "great" - ever. He had a rough rookie year but last year I thought he showed some good poise in pulling out games late. And his playoff performances have been quite good. He's about average, he's young, he can still improve. I'm just not ready to say that he sucks completely just yet. Yeah, he sucked on one bad play last night; but the entire blame for the loss can't be on him. Nor should one game define his career.

Well they did take to calling him "Sanchize". And herd spent about half his show this morning making excuses for him. His theme is that MS always bounces back after a bad performance then he rattled off examples over the last 2 years of back to back games hardly anyone even remembers. YET he failed to point out the 2 back to back clunkers he just served up against Pats and Broncos, rating in 60's, pick 6 in each in a losing, mistake filled effort.

Geez every time I start liking herd he puts out crap like this trying to suck up to the large markets.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Funny, Sanchez didn't seem to have any trouble completing passes against us??

I am not sure why people on this board are dissing Sanchez. He pretty much picked the Bills apart at home during the second half of the game. During the first half he had been intercepted and sacked, and he started to look a little flustered. Since the Bills couldn't get any pressure on him during the second half, he was able to regain his composure and play well. The Broncos were able to keep the pressure up for the whole game. A recurring theme with Eli, Romo, Sanchez and Dalton is that they get flustered and become unreliable if they start feeling the pressure from the pass rush. Unfortunately, the Bills weren't able to take advantage of any of those opportunities. :angry:

He's only 25. He may be in a slump right now, but overall, he has much more of an upside, than our depressed, disheveled, 29 year old father of three. Our guy just got MILLIONS, and yet he walks around looking, behaving, and playing like some homeless person. Sure, Sanchez has lost a few games. At least he doesn't go out there and completely EMBARASS the organization that franchised him.

Pretty harsh words. Really feel that way?

Funny, Sanchez didn't seem to have any trouble completing passes against us??

That's because our DC is blind or he is trying to stay one step in front the competition by reviewing the next weeks opponent before we finish the practice for this weeks opponent. . I say wandy needs to take over.

Edited by Kachy