Von Miller

NewEra

Where are the guys that were saying Von Miller is too small and weak to be effective in the NFL? So many people ranting: "he gets manhandled by college TEs, the NFL tackles will eat him alive". well, you're wrong. I love Dareus. I'm glad we have him. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I'd rather have Miller. Having a PREMIER pass rusher is so important in today's game and Miller IS a premier pass rusher. Dareus will be a dominant player for years to come and will hopefully anchor our defense for his entire career, but until we get premier pass rusher, our defense will continue to struggle (even after Edwards is axed). This isn't an anti Dareus post, he's the best player on our roster (fred ex may have something to say about that), but a hail Von Miller post. The guy is an absolute monster. 9 tackles 1 sack (maybe 1.5) a FF. The sack pretty much ended the game. 9 or 10 sacks on the season, only 2 games in which he hasn't gotten to the qb. He's not a Bill, but I'm a fan. Lets hope he doesn't end fitz in a couple weeks.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand absolutely corrected on Von Miller. Like many others I questioned his size, his ability to play the run, his physicality and everything else. He's nothing short of a fantastic player. His presence off the edge had Sanchez rushing his throws the entire night.

The Bills need to find a guy with an edge presence to make weak QB's (like Sanchez) vulnerable in the pass game. Hopefully this offseason we get someone who can have half the effect Miller has had (Courtney Upshaw, maybe).

By the way huge win by the Broncos tonight, for the Bills sake. I hope we can play a good one in Miami this Sunday.

Yeah Dareus is great but Miller's gonna be a hall of famer. That sack (near the end of the game) was incredible, he completely overpowered the Jets right tackle Hunter I think and just tossed him left cut inside and BOOM!!! Smacked that pretty boy Sanchez in the mouth!!!

Von's great, he's only going to get better, dude is Derrick Thomas reborn.

He got swallowed up in the run game a few times, but Denver flipped him to the backside of the formation and he did a great job chasing down the run from behind.

Just keep him clean and he's all over the place, that last bullrush on Hunter was awesome, Hunter isn't very good but he was leveled.

All I know is there was an epic thread about Von Miller leading up to the draft and it was filled with posts from people saying he would never make the transition to the NFL. That Robert Quinn was the better choice. A lot of people need to eat crow about Von Miller. He's a rare talent.

GO BILLS!!!

I was worried about his size. Looks like I was wrong so far. This draft was stocked.

I stand by my call though that a guy his size isn't a safe bet that high. He's been excellent but that's an exception, not the rule (atleast in my head still) in general. Great players can defy rules though!

Edited by NoSaint

All I know is there was an epic thread about Von Miller leading up to the draft and it was filled with posts from people saying he would never make the transition to the NFL. That Robert Quinn was the better choice. A lot of people need to eat crow about Von Miller. He's a rare talent.

GO BILLS!!!

I haven't seen a ton of Quinn but he looks top notch from the games I have seen. Not the big numbers but looks like a big time player in the future.

<br />So now we're complaining about players we had no shot at?<br />
. No. I'm saying "I told you so" to all the people that said Von Miller was too small and too weak to be a game changer in the NFL. " just look at the tape of the Nebraska TE dominating him". Just look at him now. Superstar.

lol "so far". dude, if Von Miller is murdered, I'm going to report you to the FBI

Haha - fair enough. My point was it's week 10 - of his career. I guess the only way size might still come into play is injury or change in coaching philosophy/scheme.... Either would be hugely unfortunate, guys have shot out of a cannon before hitting a wall before..... Though it looks highly doubtful here.

Edited by NoSaint

<br />All I know is there was an epic thread about Von Miller leading up to the draft and it was filled with posts from people saying he would never make the transition to the NFL. That Robert Quinn was the better choice. A lot of people need to eat crow about Von Miller. He's a rare talent. <br /><br />GO BILLS!!!<br />
. That's why this post was made

I haven't seen a ton of Quinn but he looks top notch from the games I have seen. Not the big numbers but looks like a big time player in the future.

Quinn is coming along. Nice rookie player. Nothing special yet. And certainly no where near Von Miller. He weighed 246 at the combine. You think that's small?

GO BILLS!!!

Well it looks like all the controversy about Cam Newton and Von Miller being drafted by the Bills would have been unfounded. Why is it that the Bills just miss out on HOF caliber players? Makes me think of when Patrick Willis just came of the board and the Bills went to plan B in Marshawn Lynch. :cry:

<br />Quinn is coming along. Nice rookie player. Nothing special yet. And certainly no where near Von Miller. He weighed 246 at the combine. You think that's small? <br /><br />GO BILLS!!!<br />
but , but Aaron Maybin.....

In addition to Miller and Quinn, Aldon Smith has looked excellent too.

Smith's not a full time starter yet (neither is Quinn… both are situational pass rushers) but he has 7 sacks so far.

Quinn has 3 sacks but also some epic special teams plays.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan