SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you don't understand the difference between football and basketball. Football, when played right, is the ultimate team sport.

right, because the Giants last year would've won the SB w/o Manning, and the Pats* surely would be just as good without Brady.

same with the Colts w/o Manning. Whoops...

Great game but Cuse will be in trouble if they run into a team with more than one big. Tha being said, thought Rakeem Christmas did a lot of growing up today. He looked 100% better in the second half, on both ends of the floor.

Great game but Cuse will be in trouble if they run into a team with more than one big. Tha being said, thought Rakeem Christmas did a lot of growing up today. He looked 100% better in the second half, on both ends of the floor.

I think Christmas is better on the boards than Melo, and he showed it today. Keita and Christmas both held their own on defense. And I thought Southerland had nice effort on boards in the second half. That said, it's tough to look past the fact that they gave up 25 offense boards--25!!

By the way, where are all the pundits that picked Vanderbilt over Syracuse? Did they forget that Vandy chokes every single year in the tournament?

The halftime talking heads said what I've been thinking all year...being out rebounded doesnt matter when you shoot well and force turnovers and get fouled....its just a number....

I think Christmas is better on the boards than Melo, and he showed it today. Keita and Christmas both held their own on defense. And I thought Southerland had nice effort on boards in the second half. That said, it's tough to look past the fact that they gave up 25 offense boards--25!!

By the way, where are all the pundits that picked Vanderbilt over Syracuse? Did they forget that Vandy chokes every single year in the tournament?

Whoa....

I thought Cuse played well....15 3's by wisc was unreal....

Keita was clutch today

Welcome back CJ

Kris...hit yer goddam free throws...

No kidding, was getting very nervous when he missed that one. Great game but honestly we were a better team then they are even without Melo. It would've been a blowout if they weren't hitting 3's on every attempt. Can't wait for the next game!

I'm stunned at how many 3's Wisconsin hit. A number were good looks; but a ton were contested. Wisconsin's the type of team you never want to lose to in the tournament. They'll get hot and beat you, and then they'll get blown out by 20 in the next round.

Syracuse looked unstoppable on offense. We got whatever we wanted in the paint, off the dribble--really good, high percentage shots.

Agreed on K Joseph; guy choked at the FT line. Could have cost us the game.

I'm stunned at how many 3's Wisconsin hit. A number were good looks; but a ton were contested. Wisconsin's the type of team you never want to lose to in the tournament. They'll get hot and beat you, and then they'll get blown out by 20 in the next round.

Yah, kinda like when Oklahoma make every 3 vs us and then missed all of the same shots vs unc the next round.

Agreed on K Joseph; guy choked at the FT line. Could have cost us the game.

Guy missed a FT, it happens. Scoop turning the ball over at the end of the 1st half with the shot clock turned off could've cost us the game too (for the 2nd yr in a row).

Yah, kinda like when Oklahoma make every 3 vs us and then missed all of the same shots vs unc the next round.

Guy missed a FT, it happens. Scoop turning the ball over at the end of the 1st half with the shot clock turned off could've cost us the game too (for the 2nd yr in a row).

You just have to factor in a couple of bonehead Scoop plays a game and plan to overcome them. Scoop also made some clutch baskets/plays that you could argue helped us win the game too. As many times as he makes me shake my head and curse his name I'm certainly going to miss him when he's gone. Kid has tons of heart.

Crazy game last night. After Wisco's 5th three in a row I was about to turn the tv off and go to bed, certain that fate was against us. Never ceases to amaze me how many teams hit their threes against us.

I think the 2-3 is a main reason we seem to be more vulnerable to the deep shot..its certainly a game changer

You just have to factor in a couple of bonehead Scoop plays a game and plan to overcome them. Scoop also made some clutch baskets/plays that you could argue helped us win the game too. As many times as he makes me shake my head and curse his name I'm certainly going to miss him when he's gone. Kid has tons of heart.

Crazy game last night. After Wisco's 5th three in a row I was about to turn the tv off and go to bed, certain that fate was against us. Never ceases to amaze me how many teams hit their threes against us.

I have no rooting interest other than to enjoy a good ballgame.

That being said, nobody on this crew should ever be allowed to call a tournament game ever again.

One of the most ruinous, incompetent officiating jobs I have ever seen on a basketball court.

I hate to complain about officiating...but that was awful on both sides...

I have no rooting interest other than to enjoy a good ballgame.

That being said, nobody on this crew should ever be allowed to call a tournament game ever again.

One of the most ruinous, incompetent officiating jobs I have ever seen on a basketball court.

F*** him!

Ugh. What a run it could've been.... Thanks fab.