SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

I think you're right. It will probably come out that Devendorf, Edelin, and Deshaun Williams smoked weed.

Not sure how Baylor was disciplined for something similar, but it obviously didn't affect their program

Baylor's transgressions included murder, didn't they?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor's transgressions included murder, didn't they?

Murder, smoking pot, it's all the same in the court of public opinion.

And to bring this back on topic, I'll try to avoid watching the game so they won't lose. Or should I watch it so they do lose and get more time to rest?

Murder, smoking pot, it's all the same in the court of public opinion.

And to bring this back on topic, I'll try to avoid watching the game so they won't lose. Or should I watch it so they do lose and get more time to rest?

Watch, but at the first sign of distress quickly change the channel to the OWN and watch their programming for 36 straight hours. That will take care of any bad juju that you might give the team.

Watch, but at the first sign of distress quickly change the channel to the OWN and watch their programming for 36 straight hours. That will take care of any bad juju that you might give the team.

OWN? Can we compromise and make it 12 hours of the Lifetime Movie network?

Wow, I'm not sure, OWN would work for sure. We'll wait for a ruling from Pooj.

That's why I mentioned LMN, because after watching that for 12 hours, I'll feel so bad about how women are treated and men are scum, that I'd treat every woman like a queen, even Lana.

Oh, and no, I'm not watching the game today, but feel free to post the final score here when it's over.

typical SU UConn game...fight to the finish...Southerland was HUUUUUUGE!!!!

Hopefully Scoop will come back from his 'benching'

Waiters was awesome.

Melo with a couple boneheaded plays, and man I don't think he expected drummond to swat that easy dunk away...

KJ hope his hand isn't an issue.

March really went out like a lamb for UConn...he played miserably!

Big win!

typical SU UConn game...fight to the finish...Southerland was HUUUUUUGE!!!!

Hopefully Scoop will come back from his 'benching'

Waiters was awesome.

Melo with a couple boneheaded plays, and man I don't think he expected drummond to swat that easy dunk away...

KJ hope his hand isn't an issue.

March really went out like a lamb for UConn...he played miserably!

Big win!

I loved the minutes that MCW and Christmas got in the first half. Finally, JB woke up on Christmas, and gave him keita's minutes.

Southerland--wow. We needed that.

I've thought this about Lamb for a while now--just so passive. If I were a UConn fan, I'd be ticked.

bizarre little interaction between melo and mcw...i actually like to see that kind of heart from players(MCW), but boehiem seemed to quell the situation very quickly...

and you are right about Rak...great first half by him.

I loved the minutes that MCW and Christmas got in the first half. Finally, JB woke up on Christmas, and gave him keita's minutes.

Southerland--wow. We needed that.

I've thought this about Lamb for a while now--just so passive. If I were a UConn fan, I'd be ticked.

bizarre little interaction between melo and mcw...i actually like to see that kind of heart from players(MCW), but boehiem seemed to quell the situation very quickly...

and you are right about Rak...great first half by him.

It's got to kill a guy like MCW, whose bball IQ is through the roof, to see a guy like Melo make an absolute idiotic bball play. I think by the time he's a senior, you're going to see MCW be an awesome leader, and one of our best PG's of all time.

In fact, right now, he's better and smarter on both offense and defense than Scoop (albeit in limited minutes).

It's got to kill a guy like MCW, whose bball IQ is through the roof, to see a guy like Melo make an absolute idiotic bball play. I think by the time he's a senior, you're going to see MCW be an awesome leader, and one of our best PG's of all time.

In fact, right now, he's better and smarter on both offense and defense than Scoop (albeit in limited minutes).

I didn't see today's game...but, I posted about MCW much earlier in this thread wondering why he would go games with virtually no minutes. One of the reasons given was that he's a defensive liability, so I started really watching him on defense. Since that time till today I've seen him make one bad play defensively and I've caught many of their games. He's long, he's quick and he's active at the top of that zone. If he was a defensive liability early in the season he isn't one now.

I agree with what you say about him except for one point...I don't see him staying until he's a senior. I really think that kid is going to be very special.

I didn't see today's game...but, I posted about MCW much earlier in this thread wondering why he would go games with virtually no minutes. One of the reasons given was that he's a defensive liability, so I started really watching him on defense. Since that time till today I've seen him make one bad play defensively and I've caught many of their games. He's long, he's quick and he's active at the top of that zone. If he was a defensive liability early in the season he isn't one now.

Agreed. I think I was the one that pointed out his defensive liability earlier in this thread. He made some obvious defensive mistakes early in the season (and got reemed out by JB for it), but he's looked super solid on defense ever since.

I was looking at the box score for today's game. He played 8 minutes, and had 4 assists and a steal. I'd like to see what those stats look like for 20 minutes.

You gotta love this team after reading some of this article...

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/03/syracuse_basketball_links_scoo_5.html

Specifically this quote from Scoop...

“I was 1-for-6, you know? And clearly I’m 1-for-6 and I’m playing bad, take me out the game. I’m going to tell you myself. There’s guys in there that’s playing better and they can help us win, I’m all for it. And that’s what happened today. “I’m not saying I didn't want to be in the game, of course I did. But I was on the bench and I think what I was saying on the bench was helping those guys in the game, so I was in the game.”

i really do like this team...turns out it was dion who criticized melo, and he apologized to him after the game...i like that he cares that much to say something(granted its the coaches job) but it almost seems as though boehiem may teach his players to almost be coach-like on the court and he'll step in when he needs to. Scoop has really turned around from his early days and I am really gonna miss him, moreso than I will miss Kris Joseph.

You gotta love this team after reading some of this article...

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/03/syracuse_basketball_links_scoo_5.html

Specifically this quote from Scoop...

“I was 1-for-6, you know? And clearly I’m 1-for-6 and I’m playing bad, take me out the game. I’m going to tell you myself. There’s guys in there that’s playing better and they can help us win, I’m all for it. And that’s what happened today. “I’m not saying I didn't want to be in the game, of course I did. But I was on the bench and I think what I was saying on the bench was helping those guys in the game, so I was in the game.”

SU played like crap!

Not sure why they felt like they needed to shoot 3's all night.

CJ must still not feel well.

No MCW at all?????

Officials were horrible, but for both teams...they were a non-issue in my opinion...

Horrible game by SU!!!

Hats off to cincy. Tough to overcome a team that started out shooting 80% from 3.

But if the Cuse had made a few FT's down the stretch, would have been a different game.

Great game by Waiters--nice to see him heat up entering the NCAA's.

btw, how about the officiating?!

I don't really care about losing in this tournament but the way we lost this game is discouraging imo. Sure you can say they started out shooting lights out but in the end we shot almost as well from 3, thanks mostly to 1 guy but still...

The 3's didn't lose us the game, they kept us in the game.

It's like when a predominantly rushing team gets behind and the average QB brings them back with a career day, and people blame the coordinator for throwing too much. The real problem was we had no answers for their zone (ie our running game got stuffed) and just could not get any good interior looks. You have to give Cincy credit, but we will see better teams in the 2nd weekend of the ncaa's.

Agree w/ Poojer on the officials - they were bad for both teams so no excuses there.

I really hope KJo & Fair were hurt/sick more than they let on and are good to go next week.

Boeheim is always so eager to ridicule the 'Scoop haters' whenever he has a good game, yet the 5th yr senior has given him nothing 3 straight games. It's hard to believe a few more MCW minutes would be a bad idea. But that's not going to change at this point so what can you do.