SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

I don't know Pooj, Melo seems pretty dumb...and can't avoid trouble. JB might have been doing his best with Melo and just couldn't get the kid to wise up. We were not playing to our potential with him over the last part of the season. I don't see it as a tournament killer, but I do see it as a rotation killer in spots for the Cuse.

CJ, Xmas, and Keita need to step it up.

I am betting that's why Xmas got minutes in NYC and I am betting SU knew about this prior to Sunday, but kept it under wraps until after the seedings were handed out.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I'm tired of this...one issue after another.

It's not all on Boeheim, but he can't be blameless time and time again.

It has been said that Boeheim uses a hands-off management style. He doesn't get into the details of the kids lives, expects them to act like men, etc. It's becoming apparent that this style hasn't been working to make the team the best it can be. He's an awesome coach and gets a lot out of his players, but he's ignoring that these guys are kids as much as they are men and that sometimes they need that father-figure to give them the occasional kick in the ass to keep them on the straight and narrow. We've seen other talented players for SU implode over personal stuff again and again and it's possible that if JB were more hands-on some of that could have been prevented.

Still, he put Syracuse on the map and unless he's been criminally negligent on this or some other issue I'll continue to support him going out on his terms.

This is why I don't like basketball anymore. It used to be a team sport. Obviously not anymore if losing one guy ruins your chances is a tournament. And I don't care how good he is.

Haha, classic false/irrational nostalgia. In a game with 5 players on the floor, 1 good player has always made a huge difference whether it's 1952, 1982, or 2012.

Haha, classic false/irrational nostalgia. In a game with 5 players on the floor, 1 good player has always made a huge difference whether it's 1952, 1982, or 2012.

Let me clarify that. I don't like it anymore because many years ago I realized that it wasn't really a team sport it was a hot rod sport and I haven't really watched it much since I came to that realization. And what little I've seen the past few years it's only gotten worse.

This is why I don't like basketball anymore. It used to be a team sport. Obviously not anymore if losing one guy ruins your chances is a tournament. And I don't care how good he is.

not a football fan either, I take it?

i am really intrigued as to what this issue could be...it can't be a clear cut pass/fail...there should be little to no ambiguity in determining an outcome...i gave a knee jerk reaction towards boehiem earlier, i hope i am shown i was wrong, but this is 3 things this year, and even an optimist like me gets gun shy...

Looks like the university declared him ineligible, not the NCAA.

Perhaps this offers some hope to getting him back for the sweet 16 (wishful thinking)...

i am really intrigued as to what this issue could be...it can't be a clear cut pass/fail...there should be little to no ambiguity in determining an outcome...i gave a knee jerk reaction towards boehiem earlier, i hope i am shown i was wrong, but this is 3 things this year, and even an optimist like me gets gun shy...

Frankly, we shouldn't be guessing; the media should be all over this. "Federal privacy laws and university policy" shouldn't be some wall that the media can't overcome. No one has gotten to Melo for the actual scoop?

Frankly, we shouldn't be guessing; the media should be all over this. "Federal privacy laws and university policy" shouldn't be some wall that the media can't overcome. No one has gotten to Melo for the actual scoop?

One of the local stations has been showing his twitter feed as news. But all he had said as of yesterday was a happy birthday to someone.

you made an idiotic statement, and I called you on it. Don't be mad.

I don't like basketball because I don't think it's a team sport and I like team sports is an idiotic statement?

Yeah you really called me out on that one man. :rolleyes:

Zebras doing everything they can to make sure 'cuse advances. Thats 4 points now that they've handed to 'cuse this half, with the goaltending miss call, and now the bogus lane violation.

Edit: Wow, that out of bounds call was disgusting. i wonder why the refs don't stop with the charade and just don some orange jerseys.

Edited by Ramius

Zebras doing everything they can to make sure 'cuse advances. Thats 4 points now that they've handed to 'cuse this half, with the goaltending miss call, and now the bogus lane violation.

Edit: Wow, that out of bounds call was disgusting. i wonder why the refs don't stop with the charade and just don some orange jerseys.

I'm a cuse fan and I agree. Horrendous job by the officials, mostly to Syracuse's benefit (and all to the Orange's benefit at crunch time).

I think the Triche out of bounds may have been the ref trying to make amends for not calling a foul on the UNC-A player.

Maybe Vegas got to the refs, but more likely the 16/1 game refs are probably the worst of the worst, and these guys simply made a lot of mistakes.

Umm no. Not your fault Reggie Miller & Len Elmore are clueless about the rules I guess.

Umm no. Not your fault Reggie Miller & Len Elmore are clueless about the rules I guess.

My favorite call was Keita called for a goaltend in first half, when he blocked the ball right from the player's hand. It went unnoticed because everyone was puzzled by the call and it went to commercial. Refs were embarassingly bad.

Tomorrow's game is going to be tough. That K-State center is a beast.

My favorite call was Keita called for a goaltend in first half, when he blocked the ball right from the player's hand. It went unnoticed because everyone was puzzled by the call and it went to commercial. Refs were embarassingly bad.

Tomorrow's game is going to be tough. That K-State center is a beast.

My favorite was Steve Smith trying to show something on the postgame and they instead by mistake showed the Ashville gift at the end of the 1st half where Trische was fouled with a second on the shot clock; which they then ignored after an awkward pause...

Or the lack of replay on a 3pt foul, which may have been a foul, but is 1 stinkin replay too much to ask when you're scrutinizing every marginal call that went the other way with 75 replays? I get that everyone wants to see the upset, but that coverage was pitiful.

Definitely a tough game tomorrow. Obv. not expecting this team to go far.