Enough grieving. We all know the holes…and so does Rob Ryan

Kipers Hair

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think that Dallas does not match up against us like the jets....their corners are not as good....to me they are like the Redskin defense....pass rushers up front....can be ran on.....

I am looking for a big bounceback game against Dallas from this offense.

Run the ball and throw deep. That is what will happen.

They're beatable but it's going to be a very tough game because they're pretty darn talented. Plus Romo is probably the most underrated QB in the league (I say this because of all the grief he gets). His stats are actually pretty spectacular: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm .

Huh??? Romo is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Step away from fantasy football and stop just using stats. He melts down all the time and is one of the least clutch QBs in the league. The Cowboys are absolutely loaded with offensive talent.

romo is a good QB but he is one of the last guys you would want if you need to win a big game. To say the QB of the Cowboys is underrated is absolutely crazy.

Huh??? Romo is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Step away from fantasy football and stop just using stats. He melts down all the time and is one of the least clutch QBs in the league. The Cowboys are absolutely loaded with offensive talent.

romo is a good QB but he is one of the last guys you would want if you need to win a big game. To say the QB of the Cowboys is underrated is absolutely crazy.

Man, this is so wrong. If you're going to rely on intangibles as opposed to real hard data (which, by the way, blow the critics' case away - he has a 95.1 lifetime rating and has never finished below 90), then look at the team's won/loss record since he took over. It's 43-26, and it's not as if he's had a steady cast alongside of him over those years except for Whitten. It's been a veritable revolving door at the skill positions. The team went 43-59 from 2000 through mid-2006, so it's not as if Romo assumed control of a juggernaut.

As for losing big games, I assume that the latest one you're referring to is the Jets game, where Dez Bryant ran the wrong route at the end of the game. Of course, the ignorant blamed Romo for that one (as usual).

The thing that irks me is that too many fans seem to take whatever ESPN or Shannon Sharpe or Deion Sanders or whoever else spoonfeeds them. The media loves controversy surrounding the Cowboys. Granted, I hate the Cowboys, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that their QB is a highly productive winner. The Cowboys have finished in the top ten in offensive yards five of the past six seasons, and the only one in which they didn't was last year (they finished 12th), when Romo was hurt for most of the season. In the six seasons prior to Romo's arrival, they finished in the top ten once and in the bottom half three times (including a 25th and a 28th place ranking).

God, I hate "intangibles" arguments ...

Two days ago, everyone here was trumpeting how eminently beatable the Cowboys were/are – do we all still feel this way? Undoubtedly, we will see the same that the Jet’s threw at us, press the WR’s, clog the slot routes with LB’s and throw blitzes from all angles at Fitz…what adjustment will the Bills make that will be enough to beat Dallas? Frankly, the Dallas DB’s are not anywhere near as good as the Jet’s DB’s, so I say this game shapes up into more of a shootout…. say a prayer Romo reverts to the guy who chokes late in games….

I think the key on both sides of the ball is going to be the pressure we can get on Romo and the pressure we can keep off of Fitz. Kinda worries me with Demarcus Ware against our rotating LT spot. Just about any quarterback in the league that gets the time to throw that we have given just about everyone except Beck, will be able to find open receivers all day long.

Our offense should get back on track against the cowgirls but ...... We still can't stop the run and their rookie RB could easily drop 150 on our D, and we haven't been able to cover TEs in years and Witten is one of the best.

If I had Witten and Murray in fantasy football I'd be drooling this week.

We need to figure out how to pass the ball again. This D is not built to stop sustained running games.

We win a shootout, because Romo will be picked off and our secondary thrives on aggressive play. If we rely on the run, they will run it down our throats and win.

That's my two cents. Course, I thought we were going to run it down the Jets throat and win. We all know how that went.

We really want this win. The Cowboys, however, need it...and they're at home.

We need to put this game out of reach early. I hope Chan and Co. get innovative, and aggressive, again. During the first few games, Chan said we were a pass to set up the run team. We've since reverted to a run to set up the pass team. That has not worked two out of three games.

Plus, we can't rely on field goals. :ph34r:

Two days ago, everyone here was trumpeting how eminently beatable the Cowboys were/are – do we all still feel this way? Undoubtedly, we will see the same that the Jet’s threw at us, press the WR’s, clog the slot routes with LB’s and throw blitzes from all angles at Fitz…what adjustment will the Bills make that will be enough to beat Dallas? Frankly, the Dallas DB’s are not anywhere near as good as the Jet’s DB’s, so I say this game shapes up into more of a shootout…. say a prayer Romo reverts to the guy who chokes late in games….

My main prayer this week is for Leodis McKelvin to stop pointing to the back of his jersey (pointing at his name) after watching a football fly 10 ft over his assigned WR's head....as if he had anything to do with "breaking up that play".....inevitably, after this self praise BS of his, he gets burned 2 plays later....Here's an idea Lee-Otis: If you want to put your hands up as the ball approaches, turn your head in time to make a play on the ball and avoid the flag...then you can pound your chest till your knuckles hurt.

well if we get Hairston back that gets Andy, who is nicked up too i think still, back to his stud position. Nothing against Rhinehart at all great backup for us and darn good player. But Levitre Wood have been very very good next to each other and thats where i want them.

If Hairstson can get and stay healthy for awhile, no reason we cant set up to pound the ball after we get success with the quick passes again. i think this is key for us. Maybe Chan coached around Andy being worried about that side of the line. I am quite sure we will look much better on offense this week. even if we were playing the jets again.