4.3-4.4 Speed!

8 games in....and we could easily be 7-1 right now or 4-4...but we stand at 5-3...which is okay with me, and its actually where i thought we'd be at this point in the season...

I can deal with an inconsistent defense thats dealing with injuries...

I can deal with occassionally be outcoached or outworked....

I can even deal with bad throws and dropped passes....

But Going forwards...8 games in...I can no longer tolerate us not finding away to get Spiller and Smith some touches in open space...its not longer acceptable... i look around the league and see 31 other teams finding away to give there most explosive athlete a chance to make a play atleast 4-5 times in a game....

Chan you need to fix that...

Edited by EldaBillsFan

I don't watch enough around the league to know what 31 other teams do but I do completely agree with the fact that Spiller is or can be a game breaker and should be given more opportunities. If it's returns, recieving, rushing it needs to happen somehow. If anything to get a real look at what he can do going forward. I understand that Freddie is playing so well you really can't take away his touches for some other player but at some point we need to see if Spiller is ever going to be part of this offense/team.

The other thing that really irks the hell out of me is why in the world do you pay a FA $4mil a year to only run 3-5 wild cat plays a game and kneel down kickoffs in the endzone. The Jets have one of the best return games in the league and almost never kneel it. Theyare always coming out, giving thier explosive players a chance to make a game changing play. I believe Smith is and can be an explosive player and make a difference in the offense at the WR position. Using him similar to Nelson, or crossing routes like we used Parrish would do wonders. He also needs to be given more chances to run kicks out of the endzone to male plays in the return game. Other tes should know if they can kick it into the endzone thier defense will be rewarded with the opportunity to defend 80 yards every posession.

Things have been great for the most part this season on offense but the shackles need to come off on these 2 players.

name the team that does?

And i'll pull the stats to prove you wrong....

Example: Jets make sure Mcknight gets touches because they know he is a game breaker.... not because he is an every down back

or because Greene was injured...

or because Greene was injured...

he was getting touches before that

I don't watch enough around the league to know what 31 other teams do but I do completely agree with the fact that Spiller is or can be a game breaker and should be given more opportunities. If it's returns, recieving, rushing it needs to happen somehow. If anything to get a real look at what he can do going forward. I understand that Freddie is playing so well you really can't take away his touches for some other player but at some point we need to see if Spiller is ever going to be part of this offense/team.

The other thing that really irks the hell out of me is why in the world do you pay a FA $4mil a year to only run 3-5 wild cat plays a game and kneel down kickoffs in the endzone. The Jets have one of the best return games in the league and almost never kneel it. Theyare always coming out, giving thier explosive players a chance to make a game changing play. I believe Smith is and can be an explosive player and make a difference in the offense at the WR position. Using him similar to Nelson, or crossing routes like we used Parrish would do wonders. He also needs to be given more chances to run kicks out of the endzone to male plays in the return game. Other tes should know if they can kick it into the endzone thier defense will be rewarded with the opportunity to defend 80 yards every posession.

Things have been great for the most part this season on offense but the shackles need to come off on these 2 players.

thats all im saying...

felt like i was watching a preseason game....how conservative the offense was and lack of imagination.... setting david nelson is motion behind the line of scrimmage is not create

I agree though, I don't want to lose touches for FJax. But Gailey is so good at getting teams into favorable matchups that it seems like a shame he can't design plays to get Spiller into open field.

Maybe he is a bust. But I would like to seem him at least get 10 touches so we can know for sure. He is the one legit speed guy on this offense. When teams crowd the line or go man to man like hte Jets, you have to make them pay. Spiller can do that.

My problem with not using Spiller has nothing to do with where he is picked....but rather I can see in the very limited touches he does get he is in fact improving as a player.....

I absolutely do not feel that Chan is using the backs correctly......we are running Freddie into the ground when we could be spelling him here and there and providing a change up for defenses to think about but we dont.

Im not second guessing Gailey who has been great this year.....just thinking that this is what it will take to take that next baby step in beating teams like the jets.....

As the season has progressed, of all teams, the Miami Dolphins are finding Reggie Bush's niche in their offense.

Barring injury Bush will easily eclipse his best year in New Orleans.

In his last two games alone, Bush has a total of 195 yards rushing and 67 yards receiving with 1 TD. His yards per touch is excellent.

No one is suggesting that Spiller take snaps away from Freddy but there must be a way to effectively have both of them on the field at the same time.

Gailey's lack of success in integrating Spiller and Brad Smith into this offense is a disappointment which has been amplified after a bad offensive showing.

There is no hiding their heads in the sand on this one now. Spiller is a high draft pick. Smith is a pricey free agent.

This will be one of Gailey's biggest challenges and how he addresses it will further forge his reputation going forward.

<br />As the season has progressed, of all teams, the Miami Dolphins are finding Reggie Bush's niche in their offense.<br /><br />Barring injury Bush will easily eclipse his best year in New Orleans.<br /><br />In his last two games alone, Bush has a total of 195 yards rushing and 67 yards receiving with 1 TD. His yards per touch is excellent.<br /><br />No one is suggesting that Spiller take snaps away from Freddy but there must be a way to effectively have both of them on the field at the same time.<br /><br />Gailey's lack of success in integrating Spiller and Brad Smith into this offense is a disappointment which has been amplified after a bad offensive showing.<br /><br />There is no hiding their heads in the sand on this one now. Spiller is a high draft pick. Smith is a pricey free agent.<br /><br />This will be one of Gailey's biggest challenges and how he addresses it will further forge his reputation going forward.<br />
. Well said. Not sure we didn't try out some wildcat the other day. We had several 2nd,3rd and 4th and short situation. I can't recall his number being called in any of them. Why? I just don't get it. He's been very effective all season in short situations, yet we don't use him at all vs his former team. I thought, along with many of you guys, that chan really stunk it up Sunday. This is one of the reasons he stunk.

As the season has progressed, of all teams, the Miami Dolphins are finding Reggie Bush's niche in their offense.

Barring injury Bush will easily eclipse his best year in New Orleans.

In his last two games alone, Bush has a total of 195 yards rushing and 67 yards receiving with 1 TD. His yards per touch is excellent.

No one is suggesting that Spiller take snaps away from Freddy but there must be a way to effectively have both of them on the field at the same time.

Gailey's lack of success in integrating Spiller and Brad Smith into this offense is a disappointment which has been amplified after a bad offensive showing.

There is no hiding their heads in the sand on this one now. Spiller is a high draft pick. Smith is a pricey free agent.

This will be one of Gailey's biggest challenges and how he addresses it will further forge his reputation going forward.

And there are so many ways Spiller could have been used to counteract what the Jets were doing yesterday...makes your head spin.-And most of those things involve him catching the ball. From what we have seen the kid has very good hands...and could have gotten good separation(to say the least) on those Jet LBs.

My problem with not using Spiller has nothing to do with where he is picked....but rather I can see in the very limited touches he does get he is in fact improving as a player.....

I absolutely do not feel that Chan is using the backs correctly......we are running Freddie into the ground when we could be spelling him here and there and providing a change up for defenses to think about but we dont.

Im not second guessing Gailey who has been great this year.....just thinking that this is what it will take to take that next baby step in beating teams like the jets.....

I agree with this. Yes, Freddie has been great, but I have been afraid they are riding him into the ground. I know it must be hard to take him out when he has made so many significant, clutch plays, but I fear that if they keep this up he won't make it to game 10.

Plus, Spiller has shown steady improvement and could be a huge change of pace.

Just my opinion...but those 20, 30, 40 yard runs that FJ gets on screens could be touchdowns if it was Spiller. He has ridiculous breakaway speed.

USE THE KID ON SCREENS!

That plan only works if Spiller could take over the play once Jackson properly reads the blocks to get into the open field. There is more to being a good running back and just being fast.