Lindell busted up; Rayner signed

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a kicker, and the injury seems to be to his hand.

last time I checked, a place kicker didn't really need to use his hands much. Put a nice cast on the hand and send him out on the field!

Actually it does affect his kicking, and his follow through motion. Did you see him almost miss the PAT with his bum wing? Watch any kickers arms, and they are normally out to the side for balance on the kick, it didn't look like he could lift his one arm. I believe the injury was to the shoulder after he landed on it making that touchdown saving tackle on the kickoff. Give Spiller a shot at kicking, there has to be something that someone drafted that high can do in the NFL.

Edited by billsfreak

I think they are by design, but because of him not having a strong leg.

They're absolutely by design. Part of it may have to do with leg strength but the main reason is to take away half the field on the return. Theoretically, the return man should be forced into your coverage on a narrow field and, because directional kicks are usually higher, the coverage team should be able to make the tackle short of the twenty most times. You need an accurate kicker to do this, regardless of leg strength.

GO BILLS!!!