Sure wish we had Giants Defensive Coordinator

ALLEN1QB

Yeah...adding Fewell to the fire would drastically improve this team....what a horrible defensive game plan yesterday!! I've said it before, Edwards needs to go...NOW! God, it couldn't be more obvious what needed to be done yesterday! Get pressure on Dirty and he makes mistakes, BIG mistakes! Even nominal pressur in his face and he throws the ball right to Byrd! Other times throughout the game, when we rushed more than 4, Sanchez was antsy and got rid f the ball too quickly and the ball was in the dirt, overthrown, or behind his receiver! Then, to my astonishment, we bail on bringing 5 or 6...we rush 4 the rest of the game against a pretty damn good O Line. I thought it couldn't et worse than the Giants game!!

Yeah...adding Fewell to the fire would drastically improve this team....what a horrible defensive game plan yesterday!! I've said it before, Edwards needs to go...NOW! God, it couldn't be more obvious what needed to be done yesterday! Get pressure on Dirty and he makes mistakes, BIG mistakes! Even nominal pressur in his face and he throws the ball right to Byrd! Other times throughout the game, when we rushed more than 4, Sanchez was antsy and got rid f the ball too quickly and the ball was in the dirt, overthrown, or behind his receiver! Then, to my astonishment, we bail on bringing 5 or 6...we rush 4 the rest of the game against a pretty damn good O Line. I thought it couldn't et worse than the Giants game!!

The Bills offense's inabilty to sustain a drive killed their D in the second half. The Jets dominated time of possesion. They held the Jets offense to 3 points in the first half.

the Tampa 2 system was something that was never going to work here with the personnel at the time, and I generally don't like the scheme as a whole. It is structured in a way that will never dominate a game unless you have a few standout players like warren sapp, Brooks and lynch. Look at how poorly the colts defenses have ranked over the last 10+ years. Tampa 2, no thanks.

Sanchez was 20 for 28. Whenever we did try to blitz, the Jets blocked it up to where Sanchez wasn't getting hit. or even pressured.

Was thinking the same thing....although the last two weeks our defense has looked good...and in the past two years the giants defense hasn't looked anything like this year

Our defense only looks good against pathetic offenses. And so far, our offense has only looked great against bad D's.

Sanchez was 20 for 28. Whenever we did try to blitz, the Jets blocked it up to where Sanchez wasn't getting hit. or even pressured.

That's because our "blitz" schemes were taken from some high school playbook. No creativitiy at all. We have the talent on D. At any rate, its obvious we need: (1) a new DC, and (2) a great pass rusher. Who do you guys suggest. (I don't watch enough college football to have an intelligent opinion on #2).

how about a decent defensive coordinator??? anyone but george edwards!!! :thumbdown: dave wannastache anyone :thumbsup:

This is getting really old and I'm starting to get tired saying this. But do you honestly believe Wanny has no input on this defense right now?

how about a decent defensive coordinator??? anyone but george edwards!!! :thumbdown: dave wannastache anyone :thumbsup:

I said the same thing last year. Edwards sucks. He has no plan and is much like old swizzle stick, he just lets them play without any plan.

Put Wanny in, how much worse can it be?

Ralph is cheap

I wish we had Pittsburg's DC. Fewell has great players, and he cheats often (having players collapse on the field) to slow down the game. Give me Dick Lebeau instead. Class act and we should never have let him go.

Giants d was in decline if not disarray before fewell got there and he turned it around. As another poster put it we could not keep fewell because he had the stink of jauron on him.

Or they drafted Jason Pierre Paul and have a healthy Uminoyora again?

Just curious where these posts were when the Giants gave up 36 points at home to Seattle?

Oh yeah. We must overreact to everything. And you out of your mind if your think defense lost us the game yesterday. They held the Jets to 3 point and forced a turnover at midfield to spark the offense. The offense is the reason we lost.