If we can play this game over again

Merriman is done for the year. Kyle Williams wouldn't have made much difference today as the Jets only ran for 128 yards anyways. We held their running game in check without him. Maybe if the Bills practiced how to defend the slant pattern they would be in much better shape. And Fitzpatrick needs to play better. He was off target all day and wasn't even sacked once.

As I was watching the game, I think the beat us at our game: just enough running, short efficient passing game, and with an occasional deep route (which got them the interference calls) thrown in to keep the defense honest.

1) All-in-all, if we hold them to 132 yards on 39 carries, we should win.

2) In the end, our offense went away from itself. Do what you do, even if it plays to the strength of their defense.

3) Agree with the above statement about no-huddle

4) I think we should have run the ball more--but did it seem to me we kept running right up the middle (the acknowledge strength of this team), did we ever try to go of the edge??? It sure didn't seems so. And I know this kind of contradicts what I said above; yes, run it, but try some different directions once in a while.

We get them next time!

Edited by CSBill

- Use Spiller more to attack the edge

- Utilize slot receivers & TE on out patterns after outside guys take their mancoverage CB's with them down the field.

This will help spread out the defense as they were clogging the middle taking away the quick slants AND it will open deeper patterns when the CB''s start to cheat on the short-to-medium out routes.

just my 2 cents . . .

You can't overstate the importance of dictating the play, especially against the Jets. Three-and-outs early in the game are absolute disaster against a team like that, who responds by running the ball down Buffalo's throat and controlling the clock and play.

Stop throwing it way too much, run with Fred Jackson. Don't throw it at Revis every single time.

Agree. Run the ball more, or at least don't go w/ a freaking empty backfield that tells the D your throwing the ball. More Spiller at WR. I'd still throw at Revis. Steve did a good job on him. Their LB's were the problem. And if we have Aaron Williams back, line him up across from Plex and have him hit him bump and run him every single play. Plex is a wuss when you start hitting him.

Edited by RyanC883