I gotta funny feeling gmen will upset pats

Last time these teams met was in super bowl. Giants are a similar team and IMHO pats aren't nearly as good. Their record confirms this. Gmen aren't afraid of pats and the ny Boston rivalry adds another leveling of the play field dimension. Pats looked weak against steelers last week and I dont see how giants won't have success running and passing on them. Pats will score some points like they always do but giants superior pass rush tips the balance of holding serve in their favor.

Giants 27, pats 25

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Giants have a good passing game, and the Pats have a weak secondary. Plus, the Giants have an elite group of passrushers, and Brady hates being made uncomfortable in the pocket.

Having said that, the Pats rarely lose two in a row.

I'm thinking the Giants cover the 8-point spread, but I wouldn't pick them to win outright.

That's probably the best general argument in favor of pats ie not losing 2 in a row.

But there are rule of thumbs in favor of gmen too. For example gmen already knocked Off afc east leading bills why can't they do the same to 2nd place pats?

I agree the 8.5 spread looks ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for giants coaching staff. They won't get blown out

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Last time these teams met was in super bowl. Giants are a similar team and IMHO pats aren't nearly as good. Their record confirms this. Gmen aren't afraid of pats and the ny Boston rivalry adds another leveling of the play field dimension. Pats looked weak against steelers last week and I dont see how giants won't have success running and passing on them. Pats will score some points like they always do but giants superior pass rush tips the balance of holding serve in their favor.

Giants 27, pats 25

I just worry if Bradshaw and Nicks do not play and so far it looks like they are not. This would really hurt the Giants.

Well, I hope you're right, but the Patriots have lost back-to-back only games twice (I think) since 2003.

I acknowledge that's a tough one to counter because it means prediciting a turn about of sorts in pats fortunes. 2 in row and with a crappy defense would start to raise serious questions about their trajectory as a franchise. But hey it's got to happen sometime. They did lose to bills already and that's a turnaround of sorts. If you saw how poor they looked last week against steelers you'd think sooner than later. Steelers play a different scheme than gmen but effect is the same : pressure on the QB. Fewell is also highly familiar with pats offense from his time in buffalo.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Giants 27, pats 25

I hope you are right, but when was the last time New England lost back to back games?

Coughlin knows cheatachik and so does Perry Fewell as he played the pats twice a year and when Buffalo played they had some close games against the pats. I think it will be this weeks upset but only by the spread and not win.

pats 31-28

Well, I hope you're right, but the Patriots have lost back-to-back only games twice (I think) since 2003.

I hope you are right, but when was the last time New England lost back to back games?

Since Billy became coach in 2000....

weeks 1-4, weeks (Bucs, Jets, Vikings, Dolphins), weeks 7-11 (Jets, Colts, bye week, Bills(OT), Browns) (both Bills games that season went into OT)

2001 (Tom Brady becomes starter)

weeks 1-2 (Bengals, Jets)

weeks 4-8 (Chargers, Dolphins, Packers, bye week, Broncos) weeks 15-16 (Titans, Jets)

weeks 9-10 (Colts, Jets)

weeks 12-13 (Saints, Dolphins)

The Giants barely beat the Bills in NJ

The Giants barely beat the Dolphins in NJ

The Giants didn't look particularly good in either game.

There is little chance the Giants beat the Patriots in New England. Like 0.0000001% chance.