Scott Norwood to be in attendance on Sunday

From the buffalobills.com article discussing white jerseys on Sunday...

The Bills vs. Colts game in 1986, won by the Bills 24-13, was Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly’s first AFC East victory, and in the game he threw two touchdown passes to wide receiver Andre Reed. Kicker Scott Norwood booted a field goal and three extra points in the game, and will be in attendance on Sunday to receive the Ralph C. Wilson Distinguished Service Award during the first break of the first quarter.

Good for him.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan, we live with the bad as well as the good and we should stand an honor the guy's CAREER and realize he won more games than he lost. This team had 3 more chances to vindicate that kick and failed and we still love Kelly, Bruce, Andre and Thurman and they are as responsible for 4 straight losses as Norwood.

Be a true Buffalonian and cheer. It's what separates us from Philly fans!!

The reality is that Scott Norwood has become the unfortunate scapegoat for a team that collectively choked a winnable game away. He missed a 47 yarder...hardly an automatic field goal for any kicker. Levy was badly outcoached, and the rest of the team spent too much time partying and getting drunk beforehand. The outcome of a game is determined by the sum total of plays and not by any one particular play.

If you plan on booing Norwood on Sunday, then you should quit calling yourself a Bills fan because you are a !@#$ing disgrace to the rest of us who call ourselves Bills fans.

They know for a fact that he missed

that !@#$in' field goal on purpose.

That he got paid money

and he missed it on purpose, okay ?

That mother!@#$. That mother!@#$.

l wonder how much.

l wonder how much that mother!@#$

got paid to ruin my !@#$in' life.

Anyone even thinking of booing obviously doesn't remember the reception that Scott was given when he returned to Buffalo for a post Super Bowl rally in Niagara Square in 1991. It's one of the proudest moments in Buffalo sports. 30,000 Bills fans going wild in support of Norwood during his difficult time. There used to be a video on the net, but I can't find it, see below for an archived story from the Buffalo News.

http://www.buffalonews.com/topics/super-bowl-xxv/article327005.ece

Scott was an important part of a great team, he should be cheered for representing Buffalo.

1320280391[/url]' post='2299443']

So do we BOOH him? I wanna have a heart and not boo the guy for a tough field goal, but this may be our last chance to BOOH him :unsure:

If you're a total dick, you boo him.

He missed a 47 yard field goal on grass in a kicking era where a 50 yarder was very long. He was 2 for 10 from 50 plus in his career so 47 was a damn long kick for him. It was not a choke. It was an important miss.

Bill Buckner choked.

Edited by John Adams

Awesome. I love that guy. Anyone who could live with that legacy on their shoulders is OK with me. As Thurman said, "If I played better, we would have had a closer kick."

Scottie won a lot of games for the Bills over the years. He was the main reason the Bills finished 12-4 in 1988; the start of Buffalo's glory years. I'll never forget "Wide Right", but that game never should have come down to a long FG attempt. It's been 20 years, and I'm over it. Long live Scott Norwood!

They know for a fact that he missed

that !@#$in' field goal on purpose.

That he got paid money

and he missed it on purpose, okay ?

That mother!@#$. That mother!@#$.

l wonder how much.

l wonder how much that mother!@#$

got paid to ruin my !@#$in' life.

Wow, he must have been really good to miss it by only 18 inches..